Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! (3968 Views)

Senators Push Back Against Saraki’s Intrigues, Use Of Senate To Fight,. / Armed Forces Radio Begins Live Transmission / Stations Caught Selling Above The N87, Will Have Its Licence Revoked – FG Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by bioye(m): 12:15pm On May 10, 2006
I just heard from Rythm midday news that AIT television's license has been revoked because of its live transmission of the 3rd term debate at the Senate.

Can anyone confirm this news too? For if it is true, i believe it is a violation of the rights of every broadcast media, of every Nigerian. And we should all rally to support AIT and react positively against this dictatorial behaviour.

This is really sad, sincerely,
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by layi(m): 1:02pm On May 10, 2006
its 1pm but I'm still watchin the live broadcast on AIT.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by rasque(m): 2:17pm On May 10, 2006
2:10pm still watching the broadcast on AIT, the senate just finished and the house of rep is taking over
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by ono(m): 4:31pm On May 10, 2006
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by larger20(m): 4:35pm On May 10, 2006
I read this and was shocked. A clear sign that there is no democracy in nigeria. I knew it and i said it that nigeria government is not practising democracy. A country were no one has the right to say something against the other freely. I strongly belive that this action will do more harm for people who understand where this is going
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by olembe(m): 4:50pm On May 10, 2006
you cant say its a lie and you cant say its true.nobody knows the position of things . i saw two different captions in two different newspapers this mprning.one read 'govt under pressure torevoce AIT's license' and the other read 'AIT's licensed revoked'. this is not the first time, truth will also prevail. i ask, if the license of AIT is revoced for broadcastind a debate, what will they do for those that debated, revoke thier life?GOD DEY
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by lawole: 5:03pm On May 10, 2006
The closure of AIT is a sad commentry about Nigeria. It is a throw back to Abacha days where Government of the day will do anything to get their ways. What is the crime that AIT commited ! ! !. - For letting us to watch live unedited and unbaised proceedings from the Senate and the House of Representatives. I bet if the Obj government was sure of victory for the TTA , {your most darling, the biggest TV Network in Africa ?} NTA will cover the debate gavel to gavel, with their trash, baised and onesided  commentaors praising the TTA Senators to high heaven.
The Obj government have done it before with AIT , remember the Bellview plane crash in Ogun State. It took a public out cry before they shamelessly reverse that stupid descion
I hope AIT will go to court and contest such nonsense because it is the NBC that are the regulators not the Presidency.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Seun(m): 5:10pm On May 10, 2006
When the government starts censoring the press for providing valuable information, then you know that something is wrong. I am ashamed of this country, and I am very afraid for my future and yours too. cry angry

If this 'decision' is not reversed and apologies rendered, then it is time for the so-called intellectuals in the government to start resigning. otherwise, they must have sold their souls to the devil.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by twinstaiye(m): 5:16pm On May 10, 2006
Is this confirmed yet? If it is, then this is very bad. It shows that there is danger ahead the 2007. And to say I am a supporter of this government, I am short of words.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by JERRYMAG4(m): 5:27pm On May 10, 2006
it is too bad AND UNCALL FOR.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by saints2(f): 5:54pm On May 10, 2006
I dont think this is True,I listened to coolfm today where Dan Foster is interviewing Infomation Minister,Frank Nweke Jnr. But he denied that its all a lie that AIT lience is still intact that AIT is still running and no cause for License to be Revoked since they didnt commit any crime.
Relax AIT is still Intact.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by diyobdw(f): 5:58pm On May 10, 2006
it is where this present goverment will lead us. Cant someone call a meeting and explored the venue after they are sitted.Men this is a shame undecided
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Roscodaddy(m): 6:07pm On May 10, 2006
Ait is on but in Abuja I guess they are having stress,all because of one selfish man's interest,Obj is not a good leader,a good leader grooms people to take after him but this obj has failed,it is an insult to 150 million that there is no one else apart from obj that can rule us.Imagine the recent news that money was withdrawn from Central Bank to support the third term
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by domwas2(m): 6:12pm On May 10, 2006
Infact, were are we going in this natiion?. the rule of law, the constitution and so on are not followed anymore in this country, so why are we still having the  law in the land.
When the president is taking himself like pharoah of the land trying to say that no body can rule Nigeria better if not him,he 's trying to put himself into the latter end of that same man (pharoah).no body got the right to charge the constitution of the land at this term, it could be change after his term but not now.
About that of AIT i guess they got the right to sue the govt on certain rule and regulation even out of the country because we talking about mass media here, , cos we're in democracy which is not existence,
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by pssword: 6:30pm On May 10, 2006
Anyone that was in any doubt about the unlawful, better still, crooked, pursuit of the Obj's third term should now be rest assured. There is no smoke without fire, They will try anything to stymy this nascent "democracy" including gagging and threating the press, i'm not surprised. I expected it.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by saints2(f): 6:36pm On May 10, 2006
I dont Pray this Happens again to AIT,But If it does happen,Am sorry to say,I think Nigeria is dead i.e. no God Fearing People in Power Again,Pharaoh in Nigeria,What a Set back. Truly Too bad and uncalled for.

You can Mail Those idiots online (OBJ and Its BOYS)
info@nigeria.gov.ng

Too Bad Anway.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by ono(m): 6:46pm On May 10, 2006
Now, back to my words in ages past:

OBJ is the most corrupt leader we've ever had in the nations history. I have said this before now, and I will repeat it anywhere.
Akolawole, oSeun (a.k.a Nwoke, Adamu) and other OBJ apologists should take note. Now you know that I have been vindicated.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by spikedcylinder: 6:57pm On May 10, 2006
Na wa o!Where are we going in this country?Am afraid o!
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by zebudaya(m): 6:58pm On May 10, 2006
In 1976, obasanjo visited our school and said we were the leaders of tomorrow. 30 yrs later he is still our leader. say no to 3rd term "Source: Getachus
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Rottweiler(m): 7:20pm On May 10, 2006
We ain't seen nothing yet! We should expect a gale of arrests very soon. Some people will be picked up on trumped up charges. The proponents of the TTA will stop at nothing in an attempt to achieve their aim. They are aware that they have soiled their political future, so it's either they get it at whatever cost or the country burns! It's a pity that OBJ has put himself in the same position that Abacha was. cry It means the whole 7years of democracy is wasted! I keep telling people that as long as we have certain nigerians alive and close to the corridors of power, this country will never move forward! Our leader dislike the TRUTH. When bellview crashed a while ago, it was AIT that assisted in locating the real crash site when our govt. agencies were busy chasing shadows. What did AIT get for it: A sanction from the NBC. With all these happenings I begin to feel that the black race is CURSED! Look at the disgraced VP of south africa. He slept with a known HIV carrier and he had the guts to say he had a hot bath after. That automatically killed the virus? Men, I puke! From Senegal to Cote d'Ivoire to Sierra Leone to Togo to Niger to Chad to Sudan to Ethiopia to CAR to Congo to Zimbabwe to Somalia IT'S ONE CRISIS TO THE OTHER DUE TO BAD LEADERSHIP. When are we going to get out of all these?
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by spikedcylinder: 7:23pm On May 10, 2006
Sorry but whats TTA?
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by ono(m): 7:30pm On May 10, 2006
Spiked,
I guess it's Third Term Association Senators, just a guess Rott, correct me.
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Rottweiler(m): 7:45pm On May 10, 2006
Third Term Agenda
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by spikedcylinder: 7:56pm On May 10, 2006
Oh,ok!
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by goodguy(m): 7:59pm On May 10, 2006
I was still watching the live broadcast on AIT as at 4:30pm today and I was really enjoying it. I really wonder why a television station's license should be rovoked for broadcasting something that really benefits the viewers (citizens). May God help us in this country o!
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by hola2ng(m): 8:29pm On May 10, 2006
I believe its time we all stand up and fight for our future.
I mean if we dont, who will ?
Imagine a million people marching to Abuja to tell OBJ to resign !!
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Saddam: 9:44pm On May 10, 2006
well while I was preparing to leave for work today ,

I heard this news on Rhythm 93.7 FM Lagos

So whats the true situation now
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Ashiwaju(m): 9:46pm On May 10, 2006
Well, Regardless of all the comments, i would say Nigeria is under the influence of a Dictatorship and it has always been in the hands of the military, that is not the worse thing that baboon called obj and his allies would do. they are yet to sell the whole of us (nigerians) just to achieve this evil mission. That man is the most despicable person i have ever seen, no exagerattion, he has made every member of his family a "no go area" for efcc and icpc. what are we even talking about self? I am just waiting for the day, that day when he would sell us all out per head!
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by beyonce1(f): 11:58pm On May 10, 2006
I just heard it on BEN  trasmitting AIT 120 mins now that this is all rumour consumated by all these so & so newspapers ! will the country ever grow out of this ? ! 'ever raising FALSE ALARMS NA WA !
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Ashiwaju(m): 12:06am On May 11, 2006
i strongly oppose that@ beyounce. AIT has every right to come out & protect their own imagine and not cause any scene in the name of third term. what do you expect AIT to say b4? to Admit, so the Govt. would see them as a threat? Come off it, dont mind that report. that story is true and if you must know they want AIT to Vacate the Aso koro in 21 days, no be bu bu ooo
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by beyonce1(f): 12:29am On May 11, 2006
well I am totally confused now ! because i just heard it on the news ! ehe eh why should AIT broadcast AGAINST themselves if they have been BANNED ? are we in the military era ?
Re: Ait License Revoked Because Of Live Transmission Of Senate 3rd Term Debate?! by Ashiwaju(m): 12:51am On May 11, 2006
B4 Nko? this is worse than a military era , you talk efcc follow you(Kalu & Dariye), you go against third term na impeachment process(Nnamani), you come say you na die hard then you are forced to resign(Ogbeh). its is as obvious as the sky. That man is a tuface bastard and he too sturborn to quit. Lets see where all this would take him but left for me, i would say OSAMA should just hit Aso Rock with an empty Boeing 747 on a good day or just hit PDP national convention and nigeria would be at peace afterward

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Militants Rape 28 Female Youth Corps Members / MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria / Attension! Femi Fani Kayode Damages APC And Buhari On Channels TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.