Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,710 members, 7,827,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

What Employers Are Looking For In Your Cv - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Employers Are Looking For In Your Cv (2491 Views)

5 Basic Skills You Need To Get Your Dream Job (what Employers Want). / Why Employers Are Saying Yes To CIMA Qualification / How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Employers Are Looking For In Your Cv by funsoo(m): 1:07pm On May 10, 2006
WHAT EMPLOYERS ARE LOOKING FOR IN YOUR CV
There is no gainsaying the fact that the job market is saturated. The fact however remains, thousands of jobs are advertised daily and the lucky ones are issued letter of employment daily. Why are some job seekers so unlucky?,they are never invited for an interview.The answer may not be far fetched,their CV may be there worst enemy,rather than open interview door for them,it slams it always. Employers have only about 20seconds to glance at your CV ,in view of the large numbers of CVs on his/her table.

Below are the essential tips you must not ignore when writing your CV in the future
1. It should be conscised.A page is OK for a fresh graduate ,why 2-3 pages is a standard for experienced applicants.
2.Make your email address sound professional , funsoolove@yahoo.com is not good enough for CV
3.Ensure CV orderliness e.g Personal details,Objective,Education,Experience,Skills,Hobbies, & Refrees,
4.It is not compulsory you state the refrees in your CV.Expression like Refrees available on request is acceptable, unless otherwise stated
5. All round general purpose CV never works.Write a targeted CV, THE ONE THAT IS CUSTOMISED ,to the requirements in the advertisementt
6.Show clearly how your education ,experince,and skills fit you well for the job on offer
7.CV is a wrong place to see typographical error, let someone have a second look.
           TO BE CONTINUED

1 Like

Re: What Employers Are Looking For In Your Cv by elphem(m): 2:25pm On May 11, 2006
You are good and I will take that info very seriously. Thanks
Re: What Employers Are Looking For In Your Cv by dremoney(m): 10:39am On May 15, 2006
tnx man
Re: What Employers Are Looking For In Your Cv by diyobdw(f): 7:57am On May 17, 2006
To topic: the right peg for the hole they have.
Mostly related to your:experience!!, educational background, & skils sometimes location.

TIPS:
*Make it different stlye but not out of context though
*put live into it not the normal hi i am this
but "who i have made myself to be" and "why you need me".Not in long stories i beg be creative shocked
*For hell or heaven sake ; CUSTOMISE your CV to the job in question.
*Dont apply for what you are not qualified for (Fresh grad applying for a post of manger)
Basically be brief, detailed and brand youself(don't sell your self too low or too high)
Re: What Employers Are Looking For In Your Cv by Fidelo726: 5:15pm On Feb 03, 2011
Never include what you cannot do.
there is no need to lie.
most questions are based on what you have in your cv.

(1) (Reply)

Free Acca Study Materials / Auto Gele Training... Make Hay While The Sun Shines / How To Make Money From Your Existing Professional Knowledge Aside Your Salary!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.