Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For (2025 Views)

The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 / Why Employers Are Saying Yes To CIMA Qualification / What Employers Are Looking For In Your Cv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For by natiotan: 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
With keen interest we have watched recent adverts mostly tilting towards experienced professionals while millions of fresh graduates who are mostly affected by unemployment cry foul. For example look at this post from a very frustrated nairalander looking for a job

"All employees always ask for minimum of 2 or 3 years experience where do they want someone who has not had a job or have just graduated to get 2years experience from??"

We want to give you some tips on how to boost your CV to also apply for these jobs and also be considered for such openings even when you are a fresher.

1. Your IT experience

many people think that IT experience from the school is something they went through just to collect certificates but that's not true. Your IT is your experience. write it down on your CV and detail everything you have done there in a concise, catchy way.

2. Your private Practice

For example, private coaching and teaching,or going to learn a particular skill, or a private skill you use to make money by the side is experience. You are employed and engaged in something and your CV should have it.

3. Help to Mum or relatives in their shop or trade
when we tell people this, they laugh about it but this is another major way to boost your CV. Package all that you have done with the duration and you got almost a year or years experience.

can you see that you have a lot of years that you have been neglecting? so do some thinking and reworking to your Cv and there you will be- applying as an experienced candidate.

4. Internship- in the Nigerian setting where there are more job seekers than available jobs, internship becomes an option. Don't wait until you have a full time job, seek internship opportunities where you develop your career, earn little allowance, learn on the job and most of all, get experience to boost your CV. This is why we help as many people as possible who are ready to seek internship opportunities after getting them trained and their minds oriented towards it.

5. Volunteering- In Nigeria volunteering is being sneered at because it is termed "Job for free" But in that job for free abounds opportunities for growth and opportunity to discover yourself. Volunteering brings you personal satisfaction and even puts you ahead during recruitment and selection. organizations are beginning to think that people who can give their services free are worth hiring. A major way to boost your experience is via offering free services.

With this, we believe that we have been able to help fresh graduates to boost their experiences. candidates who would like to volunteer or serve as interns can indicate so on this thread. Also those who need help with repackaging their CVs with the experiences they have should also indicate on the thread. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For by Baddo101(m): 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
Nice post though. well i remember putting internship experience in my c.v and d employer said i wasnt an experienced person dat im just a graduate. however i think some employers @times dont reckon wth it. however not all sha.....

1 Like

Re: How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For by Baddo101(m): 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
natiotan: With keen interest we have watched recent adverts mostly tilting towards experienced professionals while millions of fresh graduates who are mostly affected by unemployment cry foul. For example look at this post from a very frustrated nairalander looking for a job

"All employees always ask for minimum of 2 or 3 years experience where do they want someone who has not had a job or have just graduated to get 2years experience from??"

We want to give you some tips on how to boost your CV to also apply for these jobs and also be considered for such openings even when you are a fresher.

1. Your IT experience

many people think that IT experience from the school is something they went through just to collect certificates but that's not true. Your IT is your experience. write it down on your CV and detail everything you have done there in a concise, catchy way.

2. Your private Practice

For example, private coaching and teaching,or going to learn a particular skill, or a private skill you use to make money by the side is experience. You are employed and engaged in something and your CV should have it.

3. Help to Mum or relatives in their shop or trade
when we tell people this, they laugh about it but this is another major way to boost your CV. Package all that you have done with the duration and you got almost a year or years experience.

can you see that you have a lot of years that you have been neglecting? so do some thinking and reworking to your Cv and there you will be- applying as an experienced candidate.

4. Internship- in the Nigerian setting where there are more job seekers than available jobs, internship becomes an option. Don't wait until you have a full time job, seek internship opportunities where you develop your career, earn little allowance, learn on the job and most of all, get experience to boost your CV. This is why we help as many people as possible who are ready to seek internship opportunities after getting them trained and their minds oriented towards it.

5. Volunteering- In Nigeria volunteering is being sneered at because it is termed "Job for free" But in that job for free abounds opportunities for growth and opportunity to discover yourself. Volunteering brings you personal satisfaction and even puts you ahead during recruitment and selection. organizations are beginning to think that people who can give their services free are worth hiring. A major way to boost your experience is via offering free services.

With this, we believe that we have been able to help fresh graduates to boost their experiences. candidates who would like to volunteer or serve as interns can indicate so on this thread. Also those who need help with repackaging their CVs with the experiences they have should also indicate on the thread. Thank you.
Im an environmental technologist with safety certification from NISP. I would lik if i can get an internshop job or a volunteer job.... pls i can be reached on dis dedicated email add. salakoakinwale@gmail.com. thanks
Re: How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For by natiotan: 5:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
You should know how to defend yourself- Experience is not about number of years at all times but about the skills garnered from the exposure. Most times people neglect these experience because of the way you write them on the CV.

1 Like

Re: How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For by natiotan: 12:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
We think every fresh graduate should know this
Re: How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 12, 2014
Pls check ur mail.
Re: How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For by Samyj247: 6:39am On Sep 13, 2014
pls am interested in the intenship. Whether free or not.
Re: How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For by Plus10(m): 5:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
Pls I need a place where I can develop my skills.I don't mind working for peanuts.Here is my email;felixoyie@yahoo.com.Thanks!
Re: How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For by natiotan: 7:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
You can write out your mail on this thread. Thanks.
Re: How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For by Samyj247: 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
natiotan: You can write out your mail on this thread. Thanks.
Interested in intenship. If its still available, thanks. my email?
Re: How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For by wanjiku1980: 5:03am On Oct 22, 2014
This site in Kenya advertises for various jobs that Nigerians can apply.

www.careerpointkenya.co.ke
Re: How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For by natiotan: 11:24am On Dec 03, 2014
Samyj247:

Interested in intenship. If its still available, thanks. my email?
yes

1 Like

Re: How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For by Samyj247: 3:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
K
Re: How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For by cfun01: 12:31am On Dec 04, 2014
Hello am currently in Lagos,satellite town.would love an internship work or volunteer work to keep my self busy.. thanks..sifonutiam4christ@yahoo.com
Re: How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For by natiotan: 9:49am On Dec 04, 2014
cfun01:
Hello am currently in Lagos,satellite town.would love an internship work or volunteer work to keep my self busy.. thanks..sifonutiam4christ@yahoo.com

We sent you an email.
Re: How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For by africanman85: 10:16pm On Dec 05, 2014
I will also like an internship or were to get skills. Here my email okoroisrael522@gmail.com
Re: How To Boost Your CV To Have The Number Of Years Employers Are Looking For by natiotan: 12:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
africanman85:
I will also like an internship or were to get skills. Here my email okoroisrael522@gmail.com

Ok

(1) (Reply)

Needs Team For Online Freelancing Jobs / Who Knows About-pushcv Talent And Transformation Team For Union Bank Nigeria / Oil & Gas Opportunities In Canada(for Petroleum Engrs, Geologists,mining Engrs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.