Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility (2315 Views)

There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo / There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG / Southwest & Edo Governors Demand More Power For States Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by sweetcheecks(f): 12:59am On Apr 09, 2013
Dear Seun, thank you for starting a great forum like this for your people and thanks for welcoming other countries to take part on this forum, I am sure I speak for many others visiting this forum.

Having said that after many discussions, arguments, fights and slurs we have been throwing back and forth among each other would it not be nice to also build instead of just tearing each other down?

I love the patriotic front potrayed by Nigerians on the forum but I think it need not be at a cost of denying educative, motivational and beautiful acts by other Africans which could be beneficial to everyone only if it was given a fair chance /platform.

The reason I am writting this after I have spend a lot of my pracious time posting garbage in the name of patriotism and sick twisted fun that we practise on NL, I was drawn to an old topic I created https://www.nairaland.com/1180917/gates-praises-south-africas-black#14094489 (by a fellow nailander I was arguing with on other thread) that was great news that circulated all international media for more than two weeks, as a first ( not the last) but hopefully of many black billionaires to come who happens to be SAn sharing half of his wealth with the poor in SA. Something only a few whites and only Americans have managed to do in the whole world. That is a great story we need to be sharing even with our kids (when we do have kids those who dont), younger brothers and sisters.

Imagine how many billionaires Africa has, only if even half of them could share half of their wealth with their respective countries how many people would be saved from poverty, sickness and taken to school? Could we not once in a while discuss such and for such to get to the front page even if it is SA's good news? Hopefully e-hate is only that no one will die if it gets to the front but someone will gain.

Thanks to CAMNEWTONPRESS who comended the article and sympathised with the fact that it never got to the front page though I requested it to be, in my mind, it being a really good article that would motivate us to think about this when our time come to be billionaires not sharing it just becouse its about a SA man would be a continental shame.

My request to you and your moderators is, please you can put millions of HIV/AIDS, CRIME, MOLESTATION, LOVEPEDDLERS, XENOPHOBIC etc etc articles and stats about SA in the frontpage anytime, all the time (please understand I am not complaining about that, not at all ) BUT please may God give you and your moderators wisdom to atleast once in a while look beyong country and weigh the gain to Africa and humanity ( ubuntu)and put what deserves to be shared in front page from whatever country. I am sure as future African leaders and business persons we have a lot to learn.

After so much distraction lets also build otherwise we will be left in chaos!
Someone reminded me that STEVE BIKO a man who was very passionate about black consiousness, once said when all is said and done " BLACK MEN YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN".

You have the plattform seun, you have the responsibility too!

"Nkosi Sikelela iAfrika"

For those who can not help themselves ( Yaba left cases lol ) insults are welcome too, I 'll take one for the black nation wink

7 Likes

Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by Penissucker(f): 1:05am On Apr 09, 2013
Seconded. Oga at the top Seun, please take note kiss
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by onila(f): 1:06am On Apr 09, 2013
lol @ cameroonpride viewing grin
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:18am On Apr 09, 2013
I SECOND THE THREAD, SELASSIE FROM GHANA LEFT, I'M ABOUT TO LEAVE, NOW YOU, SEUN AND HIS BIASED MODS ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING GOOD TO THIS FORUM, ONLY PROMOTING BAD NEWS FROM OTHERS AFRICAN COUNTRIES TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEIR MISERABLE SITUATION, I SALUTE YOUR THREAD,BUT DON'T EXCEPT HIM TO CHANGE OR MAKE THINGS CHANGE, THEY NEED TO FEEL GOOD AND BOAST THEIR EGO.

IMAGINE, SEUN BANNED ME TODAY BECAUSE I REPLIED TO AN UGLY CREATURE "WHICH" INSULTED THE WOMEN OF MY NATION. BUT THE CREATURE WAS FREE TO POST.

THAT'S NL FOR YOU....

CAMEROONPRIDE.
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by sweetcheecks(f): 1:19am On Apr 09, 2013
Thanks Cameroonpride!
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:22am On Apr 09, 2013
I CAN'T EVEN POST FREE ON THIS FORUM..AHAHA THOSE PEOPLE CAN'T MAKE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MY MONIKER AND MY COUNTRY, SOMEONE POST SOMETHING ABOUT NIGERIA , I VOICE MY VIEWS, THE NEXT COMMENT AND THE THREAD WILL NOW B ABOUT HOW CAMEROON IS A JUNGLE.

I RECEIVE BANS EVERY SINGLE DAY ON THIS FORUM BECAUSE OF MY MONIKER.

CAMEROON I HAIL cool cool
HATERS GON HATE

1 Like

Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:23am On Apr 09, 2013
sweetcheecks: Thanks Cameroonpride!
WELCOME
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:36am On Apr 09, 2013
THERE ARE ONLY 2 CAMEROONIAN HERE , NAYAH AND ME, BUT THE AMOUNT OF HATE IS LIKE WE ARE TAKING OVER, I GUESS A FORUM IS SOMETHING NEW IN THE NIGERIAN COMMUNITY OR IN NIGERIA IN GENERAL, THEY CLEARLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE PROPERLY, ALWAYS SHOUTING HOW IT IS A NIGERIAN FORUM ETC

VERY RUDE SET OF PEOPLE.NOW MY SKIN IS THICK.
EYE FOR EYE AND TOOTH FOR TOOTH. BEFORE LEAVING DEFINITELY.
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:37am On Apr 09, 2013
onila: lol @ cameroonpride viewing grin
FCK OFF undecided
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by onila(f): 1:39am On Apr 09, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: FCK OFF undecided
angry
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by Nobody: 1:42am On Apr 09, 2013
@OP...your complaint comes with the territory. Many more trod where you are now to no avail.

I'm afraid it's only going to get worse.

Welcome to nairaland.
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by sweetcheecks(f): 1:45am On Apr 09, 2013
onila: angry

Please Cameroonpride this is really not the thread to tear down lets build here we have done enough tearing down on the other threads if we still feel the anger lets go back to those threads. Please!
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by sweetcheecks(f): 1:49am On Apr 09, 2013
Nyto guys, Nothing but love for ya! kiss
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by EkoAtlantic: 2:22am On Apr 09, 2013
Hen hee.. 123, testing! Testing!! Testing!!!

Yeah, actually this forum was built for the people of Lagos state and Ogun state of SouthWest Nigeria only at first. It was later extended to other parts of the SW region(I.e. Yoruba land)

Unknowingly, it was corrupted by the rest of Nigeria(other Nigerians) angry with time the ghanians came in and then to the rest of Africa. With this bad/good development, knowing who is who became difficult.

There are topics about Nigeria for Nigerians that also didn't make it to the front page, so please take a chill pill and calm down.
I thing it is preferable to suggest thread you think are worth being on the front page to the moderator in charge of the section it belongs. Seun can't be viewing all threads at a time undecided

You might also be unlucky if the mod in charge of the section where your topic is created hate/dislike your country grin
All you have to do is to fast and pray about your thread.

Lastly, I support this topic being on the front page
https://www.nairaland.com/1209897/cameroon-building-biggest-port-africa

From the giant of Africa cool

1 Like

Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:40am On Apr 09, 2013
^^^ grin grin grin LOL EKO ATLANTIC.

EKO ONI BAJE. cool
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by hardniola(m): 3:02am On Apr 09, 2013
sweetcheeck b4 ur complain can be look into u most 10full grow soweti or zulu baby to ma headquaterzzzzx @ akure den i we call ma broda seun to order.
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by pomporiking: 3:33am On Apr 09, 2013
Life is easy nw..since e dey pain una lik dat make una go form website where you and the other countries wey dey vex can say what you like there.and if you can't do that you can decide not to visit NL again.nobody would miss you!!CAPICHE
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:04am On Apr 09, 2013
Look who is talking about UBUNTU. Preach that to your xenophobic brothers first.

1 Like

Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by sweetcheecks(f): 5:46am On Apr 09, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Look who is talking about UBUNTU. Preach that to your xenophobic brothers first.

Well as I expected, you are excused. grin grin grin
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by sweetcheecks(f): 5:49am On Apr 09, 2013
pompori king: Life is easy nw..since e dey pain una lik dat make una go form website where you and the other countries wey dey vex can say what you like there.and if you can't do that you can decide not to visit NL again.nobody would miss you!!CAPICHE

You totally missed the point, read topic again s-l-o-w-l-y this time around.

2 Likes

Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by Nobody: 5:51am On Apr 09, 2013
@Mods, please give @OP's plea some consideration.

Long live the spirit of Ubuntu!

1 Like

Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by sweetcheecks(f): 5:51am On Apr 09, 2013
hardniola: sweetcheeck b4 ur complain can be look into u most 10full grow soweti or zulu baby to ma headquaterzzzzx @ akure den i we call ma broda seun to order.

Its not about my topic but just general great topics that would benefit people just once in a while. grin grin grin
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:54am On Apr 09, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Well as I expected, you are excused. grin grin grin

Were you not the one spewing hatred for Nigerians in the other thread? Now you are here preaching African Ubuntu. Tell that to the dogs babes
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:59am On Apr 09, 2013
hardniola: sweetcheeck b4 ur complain can be look into u most 10full grow soweti or zulu baby to ma headquaterzzzzx @ akure den i we call ma broda seun to order.

E be like u no value your life.
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by naptu2: 6:00am On Apr 09, 2013
I support this, but unfortunately, bad news sells. You have threads about good news, things that we should be proud of, but they don't go beyond one page (except if somebody's attacking the story).

Now, if you create a thread about igbo vs yoruba, north vs south, nigeria vs ghana, black vs white, south africa vs nigeria, etc, you'll have 17 or more pages filled with meaningless insults ( = more advert space, views, etc).

1 Like

Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by EkoAtlantic: 6:45am On Apr 09, 2013
naptu2: I support this, but unfortunately, bad news sells. You have threads about good news, things that we should be proud of, but they don't go beyond one page (except if somebody's attacking the story).

Now, if you create a thread about igbo vs yoruba, north vs south, nigeria vs ghana, black vs white, south africa vs nigeria, etc, you'll have 17 or more pages filled with meaningless insults ( = more advert space, views, etc).

Business
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 09, 2013
sweetcheecks: Dear Seun, thank you for starting a great forum like this for your people and thanks for welcoming other countries to take part on this forum, I am sure I speak for many others visiting this forum.

Having said that after many discussions, arguments, fights and slurs we have been throwing back and forth among each other would it not be nice to also build instead of just tearing each other down?

I love the patriotic front potrayed by Nigerians on the forum but I think it need not be at a cost of denying educative, motivational and beautiful acts by other Africans which could be beneficial to everyone only if it was given a fair chance /platform.

The reason I am writting this after I have spend a lot of my pracious time posting garbage in the name of patriotism and sick twisted fun that we practise on NL, I was drawn to an old topic I created https://www.nairaland.com/1180917/gates-praises-south-africas-black#14094489 (by a fellow nailander I was arguing with on other thread) that was great news that circulated all international media for more than two weeks, as a first ( not the last) but hopefully of many black billionaires to come who happens to be SAn sharing half of his wealth with the poor in SA. Something only a few whites and only Americans have managed to do in the whole world. That is a great story we need to be sharing even with our kids (when we do have kids those who dont), younger brothers and sisters.

Imagine how many billionaires Africa has, only if even half of them could share half of their wealth with their respective countries how many people would be saved from poverty, sickness and taken to school? Could we not once in a while discuss such and for such to get to the front page even if it is SA's good news? Hopefully e-hate is only that no one will die if it gets to the front but someone will gain.

Thanks to CAMNEWTONPRESS who comended the article and sympathised with the fact that it never got to the front page though I requested it to be, in my mind, it being a really good article that would motivate us to think about this when our time come to be billionaires not sharing it just becouse its about a SA man would be a continental shame.

My request to you and your moderators is, please you can put millions of HIV/AIDS, CRIME, MOLESTATION, LOVEPEDDLERS, XENOPHOBIC etc etc articles and stats about SA in the frontpage anytime, all the time (please understand I am not complaining about that, not at all ) BUT please may God give you and your moderators wisdom to atleast once in a while look beyong country and weigh the gain to Africa and humanity ( ubuntu)and put what deserves to be shared in front page from whatever country. I am sure as future African leaders and business persons we have a lot to learn.

After so much distraction lets also build otherwise we will be left in chaos!
Someone reminded me that STEVE BIKO a man who was very passionate about black consiousness, once said when all is said and done " BLACK MEN YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN".

You have the plattform seun, you have the responsibility too!

"Nkosi Sikelela iAfrika"

For those who can not help themselves ( Yaba left cases lol ) insults are welcome too, I 'll take one for the black nation wink

One of the cheeks sisters created a thread I'll going to pop champagne grin

1 Like

Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by MrGlobe(m): 7:39am On Apr 09, 2013
Coming from the xenophobic Zulus and the Cameroonians that stole bakassi from us. Think I'll pass. And I hate Ghana and their people xenophobic freaks. Seun ban their asses
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by sweetcheecks(f): 7:55am On Apr 09, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Were you not the one spewing hatred for Nigerians in the other thread? Now you are here preaching African Ubuntu. Tell that to the dogs babes

Your inability to comprehend a simple post is beyond me. [size=22pt]PLEASE NOTE: I did not say i never defended or will stop defending my country and my people against slander which seems to be a favourite past time on NL [/size], what I am saying is IT WOULD NOT HURT ANYONE THAT EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE WE SHARE AFRICA'S GOOD NEWS, just one minute a day will leave us with 23 hours 59 minutes to pig out in the mud sliding God knows some people need it all they will find it difficult to sleep at night.

And last question why do you like being HATED so damn much I have never came across anyone including myself saying they HATE Nigerians.This is actually pathetic.

1 Like

Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by sweetcheecks(f): 8:01am On Apr 09, 2013
Mr. Globe:
Coming from the xenophobic Zulus and the Cameroonians that stole bakassi from us. Think I'll pass. And I hate Ghana and their people xenophobic freaks. Seun ban their asses

YEAH, YEAH. And this statement qualify you to please remove Mr. from your monicker and be "Bulb" grin
Re: For Seun's Attention: With More Power Comes More Responsibility by sweetcheecks(f): 8:07am On Apr 09, 2013
naptu2: I support this, but unfortunately, bad news sells. You have threads about good news, things that we should be proud of, but they don't go beyond one page (except if somebody's attacking the story).

But if you look at the FAMILY SECTION there is a lot of building that happens there, Madam CC and team are never weary of giving a good hearty advice to anyone from any country. Learning is a life time exercise. Big up to the family section crew. Respect! kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo To Vanguard: You're Bloody Idiots! / Help Bloodyassassin/bloodykilker/Opiaoku. We Must Not Have Another Musiwa. / A Northern Christian Presidential Candidate For The APC By Femi Aribisala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.