Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,294 members, 7,867,770 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 12:16 AM

Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded (662 Views)

BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / Alert: Satan Has Poured Out Spirit Of Witchcraft, Heavily. Step Up Your Prayer / EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Ijeleigbo(m): 7:14am On Apr 09, 2013
Two elderly women were
beheaded in Papua New Guinea
after being tortured for three
days, a report said Monday, the
latest in a string of sorcery-
related crimes.

The Post-Courier newspaper said police
were present during the killings last
week but were outnumbered by an
angry mob and could do nothing to
prevent the grisly deaths.

“We were helpless. We could not do
anything,” Bougainville police
inspector Herman Birengka told the
paper, saying his officers were
threatened when they tried to
negotiate the women’s release.
According to Birengka, who described
the murders as “barbaric and
senseless,” the women were taken
captive last Tuesday by relatives of a
former school teacher who died
recently.

“The two women were rounded up
and taken to Lopele village after they
were suspected of practising sorcery
and blamed for the death of the
former teacher, who was from Lopele
village,” he said.
They were tortured for three days,
suffering knife and axe wounds, before
being beheaded in front of the police
who had been sent to the village to
mediate, the report said.

The killings come just days after
another report that six women
accused of sorcery were tortured with
hot irons in an Easter “sacrifice” in the
Southern Highlands.

Last month, a woman accused of
sorcery was stripped naked and
burned to death by a mob, with
Amnesty International stepping up
calls for an end to sorcery-related
violence in Papua New Guinea.

Amnesty has urged the government
to stamp out the practice in the
Pacific nation where there is a
widespread belief in sorcery and
where many people do not accept
natural causes as an explanation for
misfortune and death.

There have been several other cases of
witchcraft and cannibalism in PNG in
recent years, with a man reportedly
found eating his screaming, newborn
son during a sorcery initiation
ceremony in 2011.

Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 09, 2013
Wickedness... Suffer not a witch to live!

1 Like

Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Tsmooth1(m): 7:28am On Apr 09, 2013
They get inspiration from the Bible, as quoted above by Yomi. They are following his word!

1 Like

Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by israel007: 7:53am On Apr 09, 2013
Totally unacceptable! This Is wicked. Did the women agree to killing or practising this act? This is sooo unacceptable.
Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 09, 2013
Yomii: Wickedness... Suffer not a witch to live!

Says a lot about Yahweh...

Orders witches to be killed.. leaves Satan to roam around deceiving people.. What a loving God..
Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Ijeleigbo(m): 8:09am On Apr 09, 2013
musKeeto:

Says a lot about Yahweh...

Orders witches to be killed.. leaves Satan to roam around deceiving people.. What a loving God..

Don't blaspheme against God!
Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 09, 2013
Ijele-igbo:

Don't blaspheme against God!

Why so angry... Vengeance is of the Lord's... or are you God?
Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Ijeleigbo(m): 8:15am On Apr 09, 2013
musKeeto:

Why so angry... Vengeance is of the Lord's... or are you God?

I'm not angry and I'm not God but be careful the way you speak about him.... His ways are not our ways and he's thoughts are not our thoughts!
Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 09, 2013
Ijele-igbo:

I'm not angry and I'm not God but be careful the way you speak about him.... His ways are not our ways and he's thoughts are not our thoughts!

So you know nothing about God's ways and thoughts. Why then do you think he would be bothered about blasphemy?
Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:01am On Apr 09, 2013
musKeeto:

So you know nothing about God's ways and thoughts. Why then do you think he would be bothered about blasphemy?

undecided Do you believe everything the bible says about God?
Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 09, 2013
Ijele-igbo:

undecided Do you believe everything the bible says about God?

Lol..
Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:06am On Apr 09, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol..

What's funny? undecided
Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 09, 2013
Ijele-igbo:

What's funny? undecided
u
Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:09am On Apr 09, 2013
musKeeto:
u

lipsrsealed How?
Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 09, 2013
Ijele-igbo:

lipsrsealed How?

Read my signature...
Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:24am On Apr 09, 2013
musKeeto:
Read my signature...

grin I actually saw it @ first and thought you was a moderator...... Now I understand!
Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 09, 2013
Ijele-igbo:

grin I actually saw it @ first and thought you was a moderator...... Now I understand!

heehheee
Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:30am On Apr 09, 2013
musKeeto:
heehheee

You must understand God is one and every religion all serve one God!
Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 09, 2013
Ijele-igbo:

Lol.. God is not one.. definitely not one...

The Christian God for example. A jealous God.
"Thou shalt worship no other god before me"?
Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Creatrixity(m): 9:44am On Apr 09, 2013
Superstition coupled with stupidity and kava gulping is a potently dangerous mixture!!!
Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Creatrixity(m): 9:46am On Apr 09, 2013
Ijele-igbo:

Really,?...Traditional satanism is a religion.Do they serve the same God with other religions?
Re: Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 09, 2013
This is not the christianity I know! Totally inhumane cry

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Arrested For Alleged Rape Of 6 Women Including 3 Minor / Bus Preacher Beaten To Coma After Condoms Fell Out From Bible / Why All The Appellations In The Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.