Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,093 members, 7,835,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Uncles Fighting Over Their Dead Parents Property - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Uncles Fighting Over Their Dead Parents Property (1263 Views)

My Uncles 2nd Wife Is Still A Virgin @ 41 / Married Women Fall From 3 Storey Building While Fighting In Anambra (Photo) / Help: Boyfriend & Girlfriend Fighting Over Intimacy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uncles Fighting Over Their Dead Parents Property by NYgirl: 7:30am On Apr 09, 2013
HI ALL,
its been a while since ive been here there si an issue that has been giving me sleepless nights. You all remember the accident that involved a dangote truck, a luxurious bus and an oil tanker, right? Now I received news yday that a very dear family friend and his wife were involved in the accident on their way to Enugu to attend the funeral ceremony of their pastors dad. They both perished in the accident leaving behind 3 children between the ages of 9yrs and 11months old.
We have been unable to identify their bodies as they were burnt beyond recognition and their little kids have not been told that mommy and daddy are never coming back home. How do u tell that kind of thing and at their young age, will they understand?
Now the issue that has got me all riled up and furious is that we just confirmed on sunday that they were on the passenger manifest and as at Monday, the vultures, I mean their fathers brothers had already descended on them. Thos man and his wife have not even been identified n they are already looking for the documents to his businesses and his houses etc. Nobody is thinking about his kids and how all these is going to impact their lives cos for sure, their lives will never be the same again.

I keep wondering how these same people who seem to have pushed his kids to the side and don't give a damn about their welfare will be the same people who will go to church on sun and act all holy and saintly like they couldn't hurt a fly. The man and his wife weren't my blood family but i've been unable to have peace of mind everytime I think of those kids as orphans not to talk of his own blood brothers who cant even wait until their brother n sister-in-laws corpse to be identifies before acting like blood thirsty vipers to reap where they didn't sow.

Why do people do this,why are people this wicked? These are the same people who behaved as if all was well when he was alive and now he is dead, they come to share and divide. It was a show of shame yesterday as I watched them go crazy demanding for his documents which should be the kids birthright.
I think about these kids who have suddenly been rendered orphans and my heart breaks. cry
Re: Uncles Fighting Over Their Dead Parents Property by immaq8(f): 7:36am On Apr 09, 2013
Wicked pepo will neva go unpunish. Reaping wia dey did nt sow.

1 Like

Re: Uncles Fighting Over Their Dead Parents Property by jhydebaba(m): 7:41am On Apr 09, 2013
The yorubas say " close ur eyes, pretend as if u're dead and see who'll wail for u"

We live in a wicked world, don't let things like this give u sleepless nights otherwise when u develop complications and die (God forbid it now) the same thing will still happen.

life's VANITY but people fail to realise it.

3 Likes

Re: Uncles Fighting Over Their Dead Parents Property by NYgirl: 8:11am On Apr 09, 2013
my bro, its just those kids im worried about. Their parents are gone and nothing will ever bring them back and u know that the way pple will treat them now will not be the same as their main protectors are dead. Its these same pple that will carry front seat in church on sunday and on Monday they turn to the devil. When the repercussions of all this their nonsense start manifesting in their lives, they will start running to TB Joshua. we reap whatever we sow n they will definitely do that.
Re: Uncles Fighting Over Their Dead Parents Property by Akshow: 9:25am On Apr 09, 2013
Them forget say the people wey get wetin them de claim and hustle for die leave everything behind ni? Abi them sure of their own life tomoro? An average African's orientation needs radical changes
Re: Uncles Fighting Over Their Dead Parents Property by baby124: 12:48pm On Apr 09, 2013
Na wa o! That is why its always good to have a will at any age. Once you have property, create a will. Doesn't the father have a brother or sister he trusts who he knows won't tolerate such rubbish. They want to use their wretched and hungry mind to feed off of their brother. But if their brother held their father's property as his? Well... They have a right to it.

Lesson: People should always get their own property. Family property can never be yours. If you like convert it. When you die, your family members will definitely come to take back their parents property, held in trust for them and not you. So get yours, and leave family stuff alone.
Re: Uncles Fighting Over Their Dead Parents Property by greatgod2012(f): 3:23pm On Apr 09, 2013
Such is life.
But this pple should remember that, one day too, they will be no more and its what they do that pple will say about them.

May the dead rest in peace and may God sennd helpers to their children.
Re: Uncles Fighting Over Their Dead Parents Property by biolabee(m): 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2013
jhydebaba: The yorubas say " close up eyes, pretend as if u're dead and see who'll wail for u"

We live in a wicked world, don't let things like this give u sleepless nights otherwise when u develop complications and die (God forbid it now) the same thing will still happen.

life's VANITY but people fail to realise it.

True bro

baby_123: Na wa o! That is why its always good to have a will at any age. Once you have property, create a will. Doesn't the father have a brother or sister he trusts who he knows won't tolerate such rubbish. They want to use their wretched and hungry mind to feed off of their brother. But if their brother held their father's property as his? Well... They have a right to it.

Lesson: People should always get their own property. Family property can never be yours. If you like convert it. When you die, your family members will definitely come to take back their parents property, held in trust for them and not you. So get yours, and leave family stuff alone.

Creating a will is good but may have been useless in this circumstance because someone has to step up for the kids
If the executor of the will is also a devil, the kids can't do anything

NYgirl,
Are the kids grandma alive or can any elder be trusted to help the kids out to ensure their education is at least sorted
Re: Uncles Fighting Over Their Dead Parents Property by dayokanu(m): 4:36pm On Apr 09, 2013
Is there any elder in the community you can report to or even write to the police and social services
Re: Uncles Fighting Over Their Dead Parents Property by NYgirl: 6:59am On Apr 10, 2013
dayokanu: Is there any elder in the community you can report to or even write to the police and social services

My hubby is looking into that, he is trying to see if there is any kind of help social services can render for these kids, as for the police, thats out of the question. He is planning on going to their village and speaking to their grandfather to see if he could be of any assistance.As it is right now, these pple fighting over the property have pushed the corner. And if worst comes to worst, we will take those kids in and give them a home.
Re: Uncles Fighting Over Their Dead Parents Property by NYgirl: 7:07am On Apr 10, 2013
[quote author=biolabee In this case, creating a will is useless cos the executor of the will would most probably have been his wife and she died along with him. The only reason this pple can take advantage of these kids is due to their young age. and to the person that asked if the propr\erty was his in the first place.My hubby and I knew this man when he had nothing, we were there when he built his magnificient house and we saw how he built up his business from scratch. So in answer to ur question, everything he had was built from his sweat and now scavengers who had no hand in it have come to reap where they didn't sow.

True bro

Creating a will is good but may have been useless in this circumstance because someone has to step up for the kids
If the executor of the will is also a devil, the kids can't do anything

NYgirl,
Are the kids grandma alive or can any elder be trusted to help the kids out to ensure their education is at least sorted
[/quote]
Re: Uncles Fighting Over Their Dead Parents Property by tpia5: 12:38pm On Apr 10, 2013
So who is currently handling the business?

Who is holding the business papers?

If there's no will then the next of kin has to take responsibility for the children, and the finances have to be handled by somebody.

Not saying anyone is right or wrong, since i do not know the situation, but if there's a possibility someone else ( possibly an outsider) may cash in on the situation and take those papers, then these matters have to be straightened out.

If the fear is the uncles will run the business into the ground, well, thats a risk people have to take unless there's another relative who is experienced and who can work with them.

To me, this situation does not look the same as family members demanding for the car, house, cutlery, etc.

I could be wrong though.
Re: Uncles Fighting Over Their Dead Parents Property by biolabee(m): 9:44am On Apr 11, 2013
May God help those kids
Re: Uncles Fighting Over Their Dead Parents Property by MrMcJay(m): 5:55am On Apr 12, 2013
@ OP, you need to talk to a lawyer. Even if the couple died intestate (without making a will), a letter of administration could still be obtained for the property to be held in trust for the kids.

Payment for all these need not come from your purse as this can be done on a contingency basis with fees drawn from the property.

Cheers
M MCJ

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where Did It go Wrong? Tale Of A Hanging Marriage. / Advise For Women In Abusive Relationship / Photo: Land Owners Around Ajah Beware Of Ritualists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.