Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

The Unseen Implication Of Amnesty To Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unseen Implication Of Amnesty To Boko Haram (716 Views)

PHOTO: Pres. Buhari Appoints Head of Amnesty Programme For Ex militants / Ijaw Youths Criticize Buhari’s Comment On Termination Of Amnesty / Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unseen Implication Of Amnesty To Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 09, 2013
Before now, i had been of the opinion that GEJ will be giving himself a mortal shot on the feet should he proceed with the macabre dance of shoving amnesty down the throats of unwilling terrorists. Terrorists should be killed, not pardoned.

A closer reflection suggests that the offer of amnesty with the condition that the terrorists "unghost" themselves, lay down their arms (Fertilizers, empty beer cans, gas cylinders etc)and promise total repentance, may have been an advice given by a deep thinker just with this reason:

Abu Quaqa led Boko haram doesn't believe in Nigeria as a sovereign country having her members' allegiance.Therefore GEJ is not their Leader neither did they break any law by murdering innocent souls. Accepting amnesty means that the philosophy of Boko haram has been defeated!

Methinks that in an unlikely event that Boko Haram terrorists accepts amnesty, Then they have roundly accepted defeat!
Re: The Unseen Implication Of Amnesty To Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2013
The amnesty is most meaningful if and only if the leader accepts it unconditionally.
Re: The Unseen Implication Of Amnesty To Boko Haram by laykhorn(m): 12:37pm On Apr 09, 2013
At this point, I'm like a sheep confused between two herds.
Should the goverment continue fighting invisible enemies? Thereby endorsinn the continuity of the blood-shed of innocent people of all ramifications
OR
Should they pardon terrorists and safe n secure people lifes and properties??
@OP, answer the above and make a choice of the two OR propound your own solution that solves BH and secure lifes and properties
Re: The Unseen Implication Of Amnesty To Boko Haram by laykhorn(m): 12:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
Okoro2015:
The amnesty is most meaningful if and only if the leader accepts it unconditionally.
Oh! You reply b4 I could...
Why the leader again? GEJ is the president of Nigeria, deal with it
**not one of GEJ's advocates on NL**
Re: The Unseen Implication Of Amnesty To Boko Haram by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2013
laykhorn:
Oh! You reply b4 I could...
Why the leader again? GEJ is the president of Nigeria, deal with it
**not one of GEJ's advocates on NL**

Leader of Bokos i mean.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Boko Haram Rejects Jonathan's Amnesty Idea / Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion: We Will Bring You To Justice / Child Marriage: Senator Weeps, Claims Voting In Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.