Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,789 members, 7,831,550 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Kindly Review This Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Kindly Review This Website (810 Views)

Kindly Review My Website With Constructive Critisim.... / Please Kindly Review And Rate This Website / Plssssssssss Kindly Review This Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Review This Website by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 11:40am On Apr 09, 2013
Fellow geeks, kindly give your comment about this website.

Link is here

Still waiting for client to suggest image for the slider. and content for a few pages.
Thank you.

[size=16pt]A[/size]fols[size=16pt]N[/size]etworks

Re: Kindly Review This Website by GraphicsPlus(m): 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2013
1. Your slider images are very heavy. Which software are you using? I guess Fireworks. Pls use Photoshop and always save using 'save for web and devices.' Your current image size is 516KB, but I resaved it using Photoshop 'Save for Web and Devices' and I got it 154KB.

2. Your image alts make no sense for search engine robots.

3. The color sense is very poor. And the text-shadow is very childish. Text-shadow is not always used by professional webmasters. When used, they have a way of implementing it subtly, so that it will look cool and matured.

4. The 'Contact Us' link is not on the same line with other links.

5. The layout is just the same all through. You just created one and started copying and pasting and changing the page links and contents. There should be some variations in the layouts of each page.

Well done sir.
Re: Kindly Review This Website by GraphicsPlus(m): 1:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
After filling a dummy information on http://www.afolsnetworks.com/contact.html, I was sent to: http://www.gloryconstructioncompany.com/. What does that mean?
Re: Kindly Review This Website by antontech(m): 3:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
GraphicsPlus: 1. Your slider images are very heavy. Which software are you using? I guess Fireworks. Pls use Photoshop and always save using 'save for web and devices.' Your current image size is 516KB, but I resaved it using Photoshop 'Save for Web and Devices' and I got it 154KB.

2. Your image alts make no sense for search engine robots.

3. The color sense is very poor. And the text-shadow is very childish. Text-shadow is not always used by professional webmasters. When used, they have a way of implementing it subtly, so that it will look cool and matured.

4. The 'Contact Us' link is not on the same line with other links.

5. The layout is just the same all through. You just created one and started copying and pasting and changing the page links and contents. There should be some variations in the layouts of each page.

Well done sir.

that site is not dat bad
Re: Kindly Review This Website by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2013
@ graphic plus
1. The site is still being worked on, thats y I hav not exported the whole images.
2. I dont have time for the alt values, but if I am encouraged enough, I will edit d alt values.
3. What will u suggest d colors to be, or which of d color is off?
4. As for d layout, I guess its not bad.
5. I have edited d contact page link.
6. Thanks a lot for the review.

More comments from others.
Re: Kindly Review This Website by Cool: 5:30pm On Apr 09, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS: @ graphic plus
1. The site is still being worked on, thats y I hav not exported the whole images.
2. I dont have time for the alt values, but if I am encouraged enough, I will edit d alt values.
3. What will u suggest d colors to be, or which of d color is off?
4. As for d layout, I guess its not bad.
5. I have edited d contact page link.
6. Thanks a lot for the review.

More comments from others.

Hi.

I'm completely new to webdesign etc. Infact, if you check my last few posts in this forum, you will realise how much of a newbie I am wink

Preparatory to getting online, I've been reading up on things that are important. I'm therefore a bit 'worried' that you need to be specially encouraged to edit the alt values of the images on the website you're working on. Online visibility has everything to do with search engines. Why do you need special encouragement to work on that?

If you don't make the alt values readable, the images mean nothing to the search engines and essentially play no part in getting visitors to the site.

Please be encouraged and do it well!

Kindly educate me if I'm getting it wrong; I'm here to learn from the experts.

Cool
Re: Kindly Review This Website by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 09, 2013
Looks like an upgrade, but you can do better. wink
Re: Kindly Review This Website by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2013
Brand_new: Looks like an upgrade, but you can do better. wink

Thanks, can u point out one or two places dat needs improvement? Also didint get d upgrade part.

It is a redesign for a company.
Re: Kindly Review This Website by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS:

Thanks, can u point out one or two places dat needs improvement? Also didint get d upgrade part.

It is a redesign for a company.
I think I've seen the website before and it's much more better than what I saw in the past hence the use of the word "upgrade". Is it nor your website?
Re: Kindly Review This Website by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 9:18pm On Apr 09, 2013
Brand_new:
I think I've seen the website before and it's much more better than what I saw in the past hence the use of the word "upgrade". Is it nor your website?

U seem to be mixing things up man, the link there isnt my website, just hosted it on my site for exclusive view and review. If u think u hav seen d site b4 in any berra form think again.
Re: Kindly Review This Website by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 09, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS:

U seem to be mixing things up man, the link there isnt my website, just hosted it on my site for exclusive view and review. If u think u hav seen d site b4 in any berra form think again.
I really got it mixed up. Why didn't you upload it on a subdomain? Anyone who see that would think it's your website. Or am I mixing things up here again?
Re: Kindly Review This Website by sisqology(m): 9:21am On Apr 10, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS:

You just rebuilt your site and changed the colors. Shikena
Re: Kindly Review This Website by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 10:29am On Apr 10, 2013
It is not my site, This is a job for another IT company, I am not floating a new company, I am not green zone technology. I am AfolsNetworks. www.afolsnetworks.com wld remain d way it is for sometimes cos I am busy.
Re: Kindly Review This Website by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 10, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS: It is not my site, This is a job for another IT company, I am not floating a new company, I am not green zone technology. I am AfolsNetworks. www.afolsnetworks.com wld remain d way it is for sometimes cos I am busy.

Just had to get webmasters opinion cos d guy was going back and forth.
Clients always go back and forth...What could be the reason for this, could it be that they don't respect the Web developers opinion on how to go about their job?
Re: Kindly Review This Website by 0racle(m): 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
Its a nice site, but you need more works on the graphics blend plus your dpi is low, try working on higher resolution, knock out all other layers to maintain loadable size ..
Re: Kindly Review This Website by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 3:34pm On Apr 10, 2013
0racle: Its a nice site, but you need more works on the graphics blend plus your dpi is low, try working on higher resolution, knock out all other layers to maintain loadable size ..

Dint get that. What is dpi pls?
Re: Kindly Review This Website by pisolution(m): 11:20am On Apr 18, 2013
This site is too dull for my likeness. Compare yours with http://www.ourwebtutor.com

If your site is this dull, how will your client site look like.

(1) (Reply)

Your Help Is Urgently Needed!!! / Can Videos Be Downloaded From Youtube / The Most Effective #keywords #research To #rank High In #google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.