Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? (2800 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? / About Married Women And Male Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by taiyesoul(f): 2:38pm On Apr 09, 2013
[b]What would make a Marreid woman still want to keep "male" friends even after marriage?.Does the Nigerian context accept this?.Is it "legal"?.Most of these male friends may be her ex boy friend during school days and all other acquaintances at the office,social media or even peer?.Is it okay if such male friend is allowed to even pay her a visit at her Matrimonial home for any reason?.If so,what's the take of the husband in such actions?.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by HARDDON: 3:56pm On Apr 09, 2013
you didnt trash this out b4 the wedding??

and of what purpose if i may ask is this friendship ?

help you do your job?

any correlation btw light and darkness?

1 Like

Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2013
taiyesoul: What would make a Marreid woman still want to keep "male" friends even after marriage?

What would make a woman want to dump her old friends automatically just because she is married?
Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by coogar: 4:17pm On Apr 09, 2013
if you don't trust your wife around her male friends, why did you marry her?

1 Like

Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 09, 2013
This topic again?
Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2013
It is totally unacceptable to me for both a married man and his wife to keep friends of the opposite sex.Of what use is such friendship?Their is no point keeping friendships that is of no benefit to the marriage.If you are contented with your spouse,what other friendship do you seek with the opposite sex?

1 Like

Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by taryour(f): 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
@op it depends on your definition of friendship if its just the hi hi friend is very ok,but to the point of paying each other visits or having unnecessary and meaning less long calls is un acceptable,there are different kinds of friends and each one has a different meaning to it.there just as to b a limit to all contact to all opposite sex friends.and such friends should also be matured enough to know the right thing. am sure you do have opposite sex as colleagues at work or business place. It can not be avoided there just has to be respectful limits to it.
Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by greatgod2012(f): 8:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
Its not bad, but the friend has to be known and accepted by the two of us, infact, such friend becomes a family friend, the same way my hubby's female friends/colleague friends have to be known and accepted by us.
Why will i deny my male friends because of marriage, any man infuriated by such is suffering from INSECURITY and insecurity is one of the cankerworms eating up marital trust.
May God help us all.

P. S......this topic has been trashed many times, @op, you can use local search to get more reply if you arent satisfied with the ones you get here.
Shalom!!!
Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by SisiKill1: 8:45pm On Apr 09, 2013
Is it acceptable for a woman to breath when her husband is nowhere near her?

In my opinion it is not acceptable because a married woman is not allowed to have a life outside her husband, so when she breaths when her husband is not around, she could be breathing in air that may have been mixed with another man's own and it defeats the purpose of the whole "living only for her husband".

1 Like

Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by baby124: 8:49pm On Apr 09, 2013
Keep the ones you know are good friends, but respect your union by always being open about meeting them to your spouse. The ones you know want more, and cant respect themselves no matter what the situation, drop them straight. grin cheesy
Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by Airpure(f): 9:16pm On Apr 09, 2013
So am guessing the husband does not have any female friends. God Help the Nigerian Woman.
Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by taiyesoul(f): 9:08am On Apr 10, 2013
taryour: @op it depends on your definition of friendship if its just the hi hi friend is very ok,but to the point of paying each other visits or having unnecessary and meaning less long calls is un acceptable,there are different kinds of friends and each one has a different meaning to it.there just as to b a limit to all contact to all opposite sex friends.and such friends should also be matured enough to know the right thing. am sure you do have opposite sex as colleagues at work or business place. It can not be avoided there just has to be respectful limits to it.

I understand u,tayour.i have this experience of a brother's wife,who came accross this guy whom she's one dated at university days.They exchanged PINs' and the guy once in a while visits her at the office,and trust men,he asked her out.This woman has got 3 kids already!,and this intruder is also happily merreid with 2 kids.In a matter of days,this woman's attitude to her hubby changed suddenly.She hisses,nags and snubs her hubby a'home,which is very unusual.The husband then got suspicious,and placed a close watch on her.She got hold of her wife's phone and saw everything!.This housewife and this guy are already in love!.According to their bbm converstaions,the wife now refers to the guy as "my love" and the guy also refers to the woman as "Ife mi'.She started pleading and begging her husband to forgive her,that she didnt knew when she started falling in love with the guy.Can u justify these?.What is realy the heart of this miatter?
Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by taryour(f): 9:32am On Apr 10, 2013
taiyesoul:

I understand u,tayour.i have this experience of a brother's wife,who came accross this guy whom she's one dated at university days.They exchanged PINs' and the guy once in a while visits her at the office,and trust men,he asked her out.This woman has got 3 kids already!,and this intruder is also happily merreid with 2 kids.In a matter of days,this woman's attitude to her hubby changed suddenly.She hisses,nags and snubs her hubby a'home,which is very unusual.The husband then got suspicious,and placed a close watch on her.She got hold of her wife's phone and saw everything!.This housewife and this guy are already in love!.According to their bbm converstaions,the wife now refers to the guy as "my love" and the guy also refers to the woman as "Ife mi'.She started pleading and begging her husband to forgive her,that she didnt knew when she started falling in love with the guy.Can u justify these?.What is realy the heart of this miatter?

Nothing what so ever justifies her actions, its was very silly of her to have exchange pins in the first place with an ex, as far as am concerned an Ex should remain an Ex/enemy. If by chance u meet an Ex after marriage,you should totally snub him or her or just say hi.there should be no roon for any talk or smiles. You shouldn't even do business with an Ex. A woman that did such a thing after 3 kids is a shame to woman hood and her kids,what example is she laying as a wife,mother,friend,sister and a role model? She has the cheating blood in her and had waited for the opportunity,she deserves whatever treatment her husband gives her.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 10, 2013
Ordinary Friends/ colleagues .....yes

Ex boyfriends/lovers.....No

1 Like

Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 2:46am On Apr 11, 2013
Yep,there is nothing wrong with it! Hubby has friends way back from school! Will I stop them from gettin along cos I'm married to him,hell no! I hv mine too. We hv collective friends.there r things one should not worry abt unless its choking,then u can treat it accordingly.
Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 2:52am On Apr 11, 2013
taiyesoul:

. Her greatest fuckup was exchangin pins.why is she beggin? Abi her eye don clear,there r friends u can keep but surely not an ex! Well,I hope they resolve it and she must hv learnt her sweet lesson!

1 Like

Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:17am On Apr 11, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Is it acceptable for a woman to breath when her husband is nowhere near her?

In my opinion it is not acceptable because a married woman is not allowed to have a life outside her husband, so when she breaths when her husband is not around, she could be breathing in air that may have been mixed with another man's own and it defeats the purpose of the whole "living only for her husband".
Hahahahaha *dies* grin grin

....continues laughing in heaven grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by taiyesoul(f): 8:29am On Apr 11, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Yep,there is nothing wrong with it! Hubby has friends way back from school! Will I stop them from gettin along cos I'm married to him,hell no! I hv mine too. We hv collective friends.there r things one should not worry abt unless its choking,then u can treat it accordingly.

hey!."ex",not casual friends mind u!.what is the benefit of a woman still reaching out to an ex after wedlock?
Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 11, 2013
taiyesoul:

hey!."ex",not casual friends mind u!.what is the benefit of a woman still reaching out to an ex after wedlock?
. Can u pls go back to d topic before attacking me. Thanks
Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by abc13: 4:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
Its to the man or woman that is wearing the shoe.
But if u ask me, its unacceptable cos it can lead to murder case.
Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by slimyem: 5:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
Vikin: Ordinary Friends/ colleagues .....yes

Ex boyfriends/lovers.....No
Some ex-boyfriends/lovers can still be friends worth keeping......at a distance though.cool
Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by taiyesoul(f): 5:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
slimyem: Some ex-boyfriends/lovers can still be friends worth keeping......at a distance though.cool

"worth keeping"?.for what?.over what?.and what's the gain from keeping such?.to fall in love or lust again and sack the hubby?.Nope!
Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by simdam500(m): 11:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
Why do u wana do away with them in d first place And even if u do, who do u expect to see wen u wana do your anniversary Let rememba no1 is an island of knowledge. Your lover cant play 2roles(lover and a friend) perfectly... Atleast...
Re: Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? by taiyesoul(f): 8:54am On Apr 12, 2013
simdam500: Why do u wana do away with them in d first place And even if u do, who do u expect to see wen u wana do your anniversary Let rememba no1 is an island of knowledge. Your lover cant play 2roles(lover and a friend) perfectly... Atleast...

Bigamy, so to say?

(1) (Reply)

* Wife Beating And Domestic Violence * / Woman Gives Birth To A Goat In Port Harcourt / New Thermocool Double Door Fridge For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.