Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,251 members, 7,818,868 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW (8235 Views)

Nigeria Attains 5,074MW Electricity Generation For The First Time / Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist / Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by anulaxad(m): 10:10am On Apr 11, 2013
phantom: This power issue needs a lot of patience and understanding from nigerians.But lets be honest,we might not have moved from where we are but there seems to be a direction now unlike the 'throw s.hit at the wall and hope it sticks' approach we had in the past.The questions i expect every sensible nigerian to ask are 1.is there a roadmap? 2.how far have we gone on that map 3.what is left?4.what are the bottlenecks in the map? 5.how can we remove them? These are important questions instead of throwing insults up and down in the name of politics.

FUUUCK YOU

MORE THAN THREE YEARS IN POWER,INCLUDING SOME WITH YAR'ADUA,AND YOU SAY PATIENCE,
HEARTLESS EVIL IDIOCRACY PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF SHOT BE SHOT DEAD WITHOUT QUESTIONING.

MAN,WHERE DO PEOPLE LIKE YOU COME FROM,GO SEE HOW JAPAN GAVE LIGHT TO ALL ITS PEOPLE IN 6 MONTHS.OR SEE HOW THEY RESTORED POWER TO THE PEOPLE IN 1 MONTH AFTER THE NUCLEAR EXPLOSION IN 2011.AND GO SEE HOW fast they fixed major infrastructural issues in 1995 when the kobi earthquake to place. IN LESS THAN TWO YEARS.

YOU ARE AN PAID INTEGRATE,WHY DON'T FOR YOU ONCE UNDERSTAND WE ARE FROM A RICH OIL AND GAS PRODUCING COUNTRY,THAT WERE SO RICH WE COULD HAVE DEVELOPED WESTERN EUROPE 6 TIMES FROM HOW MUCH WE HAVE EARNED FROM JUST 1980 TO NOW.WERE SO RICH WE DON'T EVEN NEED TO EXPLORE OUR OTHER FAMOUS NATURAL RESOURCES.

PATIENCE WITH WHO ALL THESE CORRUPT ELITE STEALING OUR MONEY WHILE WE SIT BACK,MAN ARE WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO OTHER THAN TO INSULT THEM. PLEASE. undecided

THERE IS NO HOPE WHATSOEVER,NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by Okijajuju1(m): 10:11am On Apr 11, 2013
anulaxad:

FUUUCK YOU

MORE THAN THREE YEARS IN POWER,INCLUDING SOME WITH YAR'ADUA,AND YOU SAY PATIENCE,
HEARTLESS EVIL IDIOCRACY PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF SHOT BE SHOT DEAD WITHOUT QUESTIONING.

MAN,WHERE DO PEOPLE LIKE YOU COME FROM,GO SEE HOW JAPAN GAVE LIGHT TO ALL ITS PEOPLE IN 6 MONTHS.OR SEE HOW THEY RESTORED POWER TO THE PEOPLE IN 1 MONTH AFTER THE NUCLEAR EXPLOSION IN 2011.AND GO SEE HOW fast they fixed major infrastructural issues in 1995 when the kobi earthquake to place. IN LESS THAN TWO YEARS.

YOU ARE AN PAID INTEGRATE,WHY DON'T FOR YOU ONCE UNDERSTAND WE ARE FROM A RICH OIL AND GAS PRODUCING COUNTRY,THAT WERE SO RICH WE COULD HAVE DEVELOPED WESTERN EUROPE 6 TIMES FROM HOW MUCH WE HAVE EARNED FROM JUST 1980 TO NOW.WERE SO RICH WE DON'T EVEN NEED TO EXPLORE OUR OTHER FAMOUS NATURAL RESOURCES.

PATIENCE WITH WHO ALL THESE CORRUPT ELITE STEALING OUR MONEY WHILE WE SIT BACK,MAN ARE WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO OTHER THAN TO INSULT THEM. PLEASE. undecided

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by anulaxad(m): 10:15am On Apr 11, 2013
Okija_juju:

Your mother. wink
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by Okijajuju1(m): 10:17am On Apr 11, 2013
anulaxad:

You do not want to know that. cheesy

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by nex(m): 11:37am On Apr 11, 2013
Let GEJ go back to Amanpour and lie this new lie.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by Gbawe: 11:53am On Apr 11, 2013
awodman:
U just said it all...both most will prefer to focus on the negatives..well its left to the reform handlers to prove skeptics wrong

Come on dude. GEJ was sworn in as substantive President in May 2010. He would have been in power for 3 years next months. Our greatest and most damaging fundamental problems remains the same or even worse !!!!

Why do you people worship mediocrity so much only to round on ambitious and exposed people, who see what is happening elsewhere, as "negative"? You never look at our fundamental problems , and how they are blatantly being ignored, before you come here calling others "negative" when it is you who is unambitious and happy to worship mediocrity and gradualism that is ruining your life and will surely position your children as a generation no one will respect because they come from a nation everyone has disdain for. If we don't begin to work aggressively to get the right leaders in, and as long as folks like you continue to hold brief for mediocrities, then my prediction will happen i.e Nigeria will become a 'pit' nation.

Search academically and you will find that many respected economic analysts posit we are going nowhere if we don't drastically reduce recurrent expenditure (at around 70%) to free up funds for capital spending. This , despite all the lies to the contrary, can be done if a President is genuinely committed to tackling the fundamental problems keeping the nation down.

What did OBJ do in that regard? Yar Adua nko? How about GEJ who even went as far as saying "leaner government not possible"? I.e a direct taunt telling Nigerians he was going to maintain one of our biggest stumbling block against the nation's progress.

In contrast, do you know how low the UK's recurrent expenditure is in comparison to Nigeria? Still, Cameron and Osborne predicated economic recovery of the UK on aggressive cost-cutting and reduction of waste. Tell me who or what stopped them from coming in and delivering the cost-cutting they propagated. Instead, every Nigerian President deliberately and freely props up the profligate system of patronage rewarding a few with the wealth of Nigeria.

GEJ is doing nothing but being deliberately gradualist with our greatest problems - precisely same as others before him since 1999. This will not change as long as we keep foolishly voting their kind into power and then making excuses for their mediocre leadership while they do whatever it take to maintain the patronage system that robs the majority and rewards the very small minority in the elite/ruling class.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by awodman: 12:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
Gbawe:

Come on dude. GEJ was sworn in as substantive President in May 2010. He would have been in power for 3 years next months. Our greatest and most damaging fundamental problems remains the same or even worse !!!!

Why do you people worship mediocrity so much only to round on ambitious and exposed people, who see what is happening elsewhere, as "negative"? You never look at our fundamental problems , and how they are blatantly being ignored, before you come here calling others "negative" when it is you who is unambitious and happy to worship mediocrity and gradualism that is ruining your life and will surely position your children as a generation no one will respect because they come from a nation everyone has disdain for. If we don't begin to work aggressively to get the right leaders in, and as long as folks like you continue to hold brief for mediocrities, then my prediction will happen i.e Nigeria will become a 'pit' nation.

Search academically and you will find that many respected economic analysts posit we are going nowhere if we don't drastically reduce recurrent expenditure (at around 70%) to free up funds for capital spending. This , despite all the lies to the contrary, can be done if a President is genuinely committed to tackling the fundamental problems keeping the nation down.

What did OBJ do in that regard? Yar Adua nko? How about GEJ who even went as far as saying "leaner government not possible"? I.e a direct taunt telling Nigerians he was going to maintain one of our biggest stumbling block against the nation's progress.

In contrast, do you know how low the UK's recurrent expenditure is in comparison to Nigeria? Still, Cameron and Osborne predicated economic recovery of the UK on aggressive cost-cutting and reduction of waste. Tell me who or what stopped them from coming in and delivering the cost-cutting they propagated. Instead, every Nigerian President deliberately and freely props up the profligate system of patronage rewarding a few with the wealth of Nigeria.

GEJ is doing nothing but being deliberately gradualist with our greatest problems - precisely same as others before him since 1999. This will not change as long as we keep foolishly voting their kind into power and then making excuses for their mediocre leadership while they do whatever it take to maintain the patronage system that robs the majority and rewards the very small minority in the elite/ruling class.

Mr Gbawe I know you can never see anything good in this administration execpt your choice people are I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅ control.

Let me ask you two quick questions
1) Have you ever heard of the power sector reforms?..
Is it on course?

2)have u heard about the Orosanye committee ƒσя streamlining of MDAs?
Is it been implemented?

Let your conscience guide you in answering the above questions
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by otokx(m): 1:02pm On Apr 11, 2013
@awodman

If there is an improvement id be one of the first to shout it from the roof tops, we the people are suffering and suffering terribly, check out small business owners and how much they spend on petrol just to generate electricity.

Yes, there is some on going work at our airports but is that really what we need now? how long will those structures last? Is that of any benefit to the masses?
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 11, 2013
awodman:

Mr Gbawe I know you can never see anything good in this administration execpt your choice people are I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅ control.

Is it on course?

Is it been implemented?

May God work in your life the same way Jonathan is working on power generation. Amen!
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by awodman: 1:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
otokx: @awodman

If there is an improvement id be one of the first to shout it from the roof tops, we the people are suffering and suffering terribly, check out small business owners and how much they spend on petrol just to generate electricity.

Yes, there is some on going work at our airports but is that really what we need now? how long will those structures last? Is that of any benefit to the masses?
Sorry Mr,power supply is not like buying foodstuffs from the market.It takes time to get this things up and running.I know you might remind me about PDP having spent 13 years on this same issue without results but remember that this adminstration has not ended and is barely 2 years old.Why not hold them accountable at the end of their tenure if they fail.
One undeniable fact is that the power sector reforms is on course.The PHCN union,the international community all recognize this.its an undisputed fact
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by Gbawe: 1:31pm On Apr 11, 2013
awodman:

Is it on course?

Is it been implemented?

Stop deceiving yourself. It is not about my "choice people" being in control. For winners and ambitious people , life is about results and not excuses or whining. Simple.

Do your investigation and you will see there is absolutely nothing new in the so-called "Power sector reform". It is the same thing , with minor tweaks, as precisely touted from the days of OBJ. Do you know that vast sums has been approved for "power projects" by the FEC under GEJ when we are supposed to be following a holistic privatisation plan? Dude, wake up and smell the Coffee.

It has never been about the dearth of good plans but about lack of political will. Already, what is the privatisation scheme in reality if not an 'old boys and insider chopulation Party'? I am certainly happy to be proven wrong but we will review this thread in 2014 and even 2015. I am sure it will be you and others like you giving excuses same as Insincere9gerian is trying to launder the failure of the GEJ administration, in 2013, to keep it promise regarding "stable power by 2011".

As for streamlining of MDA's what has that led to in terms of tangible reality and financially quantifiable gains? You lot never fail to amaze. Which Nigerian government do you know that has not pretended to be doing something? You are always 419ned with acronyms you run around with. If Acronyms and soundbites were to be currency then Nigeria would, by far, be the richest nation on earth.

Profligacy and waste is still the order of the day while pretence and deceit takes care of everything else. The sad thing for folks like you is that , factually and in comparison to how things get done elsewhere, the lack of confidence we showed in GEJ in 2010 is validated today while the misplaced belief you had in a man placed far above his level of competence is now discredited by how very little real progress is being made by Nigeria today, three years into the Presidency of GEJ, despite all the lies and rhetoric.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by awodman: 1:57pm On Apr 11, 2013
Gbawe:

Stop deceiving yourself. It is not about my "choice people" being in control. For winners and ambitious people , life is about results and not excuses or whining. Simple.

Do your investigation and you will see there is absolutely nothing new in the so-called "Power sector reform". It is the same thing , with minor tweaks, as precisely touted from the days of OBJ. Do you know that vast sums has been approved for "power projects" by the FEC under GEJ when we are supposed to be following a holistic privatisation plan? Dude, wake up and smell the Coffee.

It has never been about the dearth of good plans but about lack of political will. Already, what is the privatisation scheme in reality if not an 'old boys and insider chopulation Party'? I am certainly happy to be proven wrong but we will review this thread in 2014 and even 2015. I am sure it will be you and others like you giving excuses same as Insincere9gerian is trying to launder the failure of the GEJ administration, in 2013, to keep it promise regarding "stable power by 2011".

As for streamlining of MDA's what has that led to in terms of tangible reality and financially quantifiable gains? You lot never fail to amaze. Which Nigerian government do you know that has not pretended to be doing something? You are always 419ned with acronyms you run around with. If Acronyms and soundbites were to be currency then Nigeria would, by far, be the richest nation on earth.

Profligacy and waste is still the order of the day while pretence and deceit takes care of everything else. The sad thing for folks like you is that , factually and in comparison to how things get done elsewhere, the lack of confidence we showed in GEJ in 2010 is validated today while the misplaced belief you had in a man placed far above his level of competence is now discredited by how very little real progress is being made by Nigeria today, three years into the Presidency of GEJ, despite all the lies and rhetoric.

No misplaced belief man.He promised free and fair elections and he delivered.He said our rails would be back on track and yes they are steadily coming bck with the Lagos-Kano line as the pioneer.

I accept your challenge that we would review this thread in 2014.Then let's see who will eat his words.

But even if you wanna argue that the power reforms is still same with Obj's,thank God you accepted there are TWEAKS to it.One thing you can't deny is that never have appreciable progress been made on this reforms than now
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by otokx(m): 2:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
awodman:
Sorry Mr,power supply is not like buying foodstuffs from the market.It takes time to get this things up and running.I know you might remind me about PDP having spent 13 years on this same issue without results but remember that this adminstration has not ended and is barely 2 years old.Why not hold them accountable at the end of their tenure if they fail.
One undeniable fact is that the power sector reforms is on course.The PHCN union,the international community all recognize this.its an undisputed fact

How come it does not take time in other countries? You are just content to be sending your prayers to the clouds. Let us wake up and throw off the garment of mediocrity and wickedness.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by awodman: 2:23pm On Apr 11, 2013
otokx:

How come it does not take time in other countries? You are just content to be sending your prayers to the clouds. Let us wake up and throw off the garment of mediocrity and wickedness.

Bros, if notin @ all is happening then I will definitely have been on the same page with you.But in this case something is clearly going on @ the moment,why not wait and see how it turns out.I don't understand whr and how your definition of mediocrity and wickedness comes in
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by phantom(m): 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2013
anulaxad:

FUUUCK YOU

err...dude no offence but your kind of incomprehensible.i suggest you learn how to string a sentence together then we can talk.until then please dont quote me no more.thanks for understanding. *i hope*
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by phantom(m): 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2013

you just had to comment didnt ya?
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by Okijajuju1(m): 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2013
anulaxad:

Your mother. wink

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by anulaxad(m): 3:38pm On Apr 11, 2013
phantom: err...dude no offence but your kind of incomprehensible.i suggest you learn how to string a sentence together then we can talk.until then please dont quote me no more.thanks for understanding. *i hope*

A BASTARD IS TELLING ME I AM "incomprehensible",you do not even know the right the phrase for don't.

I DON'T NEED TO TALK TO YOUR EVIL WICKED HEARTED FUCKINGG GAY BATTY ILLTERATE ASSSSSS.

LIKE FIRST OFF ALL IS STRUCTURING EVEN THE MAIN ISSUE OR YOU BEING AN EDUCATED ILLITERATE WHO CAN'T UNDERSTAND SIMPLE ENGLISH.OR WHAT, ITS TO HARD HARD FOR AN IDIOCRACY LIKE YOU TO UNDERSTAND.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by phantom(m): 4:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
anulaxad:

A BASTARD IS TELLING ME I AM "incomprehensible",you do not even know the right the phrase for don't.

I DON'T NEED TO TALK TO YOUR EVIL WICKED HEARTED FUCKINGG GAY BATTY ILLTERATE ASSSSSS.

LIKE FIRST OFF ALL IS STRUCTURING EVEN THE MAIN ISSUE OR YOU BEING AN EDUCATED ILLITERATE WHO CAN'T UNDERSTAND SIMPLE ENGLISH.OR WHAT, ITS TO HARD HARD FOR AN IDIOCRACY LIKE YOU TO UNDERSTAND.
lol....drugs! SMH
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by jmaine: 4:24pm On Apr 11, 2013
phantom: lol....drugs! SMH

Abeg forget that fool . . .
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by Chubhie: 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2013

There are sprinkled improvements scattered across the country ever since GEJ showed geniue concern on light issue.tho its a lil better from what used to be, there are still enough room for improvements.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by jpphilips(m): 9:41pm On Apr 11, 2013
1,2:
Its a pity that the giant of africa does not have lights. Only 4000MW for 160m people, No, that's bad. It will take nigeria 20yrs to go to 20 000MW.

Nigeria must try to partner with other countries to increase their capacity. Or buy electricity to other countries.

Or they can arrange with South Africa, South africa produces power more than the rest of africa combined. 45 000MW, and they are building two extra power plants to a cost of $50 Billion, those two power plant will add up another 9800MW, which means their capacity will go to 55 000 MW.

South africa can transmit power to nigeria, via Angola, Congo, Gabon, Cameroon then to nigeria. They sell Electricity to most Southern african countries, like Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, Botswana, lesotho, Malawi, tanzania, even DRC.

at least a brain has refused to be bamboozled.
first, bro jo must admit he has failed in that regards. he should do what is honorable by apologising to Nigerians for the pack of deceptions he has been feeding us.
perhaps the next govt. will investigate the fraud in the power sector and bring some economic terrorists to book.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW by anulaxad(m): 9:10am On Apr 12, 2013
jmaine:

Abeg forget that fool . . .

WHO YOUR MOTHER THE PROSTITUTED BIITCH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo Of Mamman Vatsa And His Children / Local Boats Being Manufacture In Onitsha Anambra State-photos / Federal Government Help Traffic Warden Service To Get Autonomy From Nig Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.