Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,277 members, 7,957,702 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:50 PM

Whats The Situation With The Victims Of The Last Year's Ravaging Flood. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whats The Situation With The Victims Of The Last Year's Ravaging Flood. (478 Views)

Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater / Jonathan Presents Cheques & Appointment Letters To Victims Of NIS Tragedy - Pics / "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whats The Situation With The Victims Of The Last Year's Ravaging Flood. by Dreal1247: 2:10pm On Apr 10, 2013
I remember heard that billions of Naira was budgeted 4 the victims. I also know that those of them that went to the refugee camps provided by the government were adequately taken care of feeding wise which is commendable
Oweing to the fact that most of then lost virtually all their means of livelihood. Name them, farmlands, poultry/livestock farms, business outfits, machines [motor vehicles, motorcycles(okada) generators, working tools and implements etc] schools, churches, buildings, and other things that could not be mentioned.
I think that it is the right thing for the government to make sure that this people are reestablished. And this should be done by providing them with a reasonable financial base. Or are we to believe that the billions of Naira provided were all used up within the two months spent in the camp? Even if it was used up, something could still be done to reduce the effect on the people. I learnt that those who camped in Oharisi Primary School, Ughelli in Delta state were given a token of about three thousand Naira to transport them back home. But what could a person that has lost virtually everything that he/she lived on do with this?
The ticket and numbers given to the victims while evacuating them from the villages which i believe is supposed to be used to access aids has not been used even after about five months since they left the refugee camps. I want Nairalanders who have knowledge to please inform us. I stand to be corrected as i am not Mr I-Know-It-All. I rest my case for now.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Situation With The Victims Of The Last Year's Ravaging Flood. by boladez(m): 6:25pm On Apr 10, 2013
........Retardeen has condemned the floods and assured the people of his support, and gone back to sleep, the thieving governors have gathered the funds through appeal funding and excess revenue account, have new cars and bullet proof toys. The victims are being offered 3k per family.

Nothing , the people have all counted their losses and gone back to hustling. The media has also forgotten them ........kai , Nigeria

Daz all!

(1) (Reply)

Former Deputy Governor Of Anambra Killed By Kidnappers-sahara Reporters / Patience Makes First Public Appearance After Medical Trip / The Missing Link In Jonathan's Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.