Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,656 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned (11945 Views)

Abba’s Sack Illegal-Police Council Not Consulted As Required By the Constitution / Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide / Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by bloggernaija: 12:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
A typical nigerian police or military man dreams of getting posted to the southwest.not only is potential returns from extortion greater, but the sheer variety of places and people that can be extorted.from articulated lorries from the east,trailers from the north,tankers from oil depot,sand tippers,containers,imported cars,okada,buses etc.the most annoying part is that most of these officer have no roots of either being born ,lived or schooled in the southwest .In fact ,many of these semi- illiterate come from places and background where it is the highest honour to be a police officer.and as such ,they have no link to the community .Unfortunately ,this has led to many "accidental".
N.B :the DPO of my hometown(we call it town but it is bigger than most state capitals) once complained to my dad that ,nobody has applied for appointment into the nigerian police by indigens, 3 months after the vacancies came up.
My dad told him that the people regard the job of a nigerian police officer as a dishonourable job.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by bloggernaija: 12:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
A typical nigerian police or military man dreams of getting posted to the southwest.not only is potential returns from extortion greater, but the sheer variety of places and people that can be extorted.from articulated lorries from the east,trailers from the north,tankers from oil depot,sand tippers,containers,imported cars,okada,buses etc.the most annoying part is that most of these officer have no roots of either being born ,lived or schooled in the southwest .In fact ,many of these semi- illiterate come from places and background where it is the highest honour to be a police officer.and as such ,they have no link to the community .Unfortunately ,this has led to many "accidental".
N.B :the DPO of my hometown(we call it town but it is bigger than most state capitals) once complained to my dad that ,nobody has applied for appointment into the nigerian police by indigens, 3 months after the vacancies came up.
My dad told him that the people regard the job of a nigerian police officer as a dishonourable .
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by omoobanla(m): 12:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
They are too many around Ogun State most expecially at Sagamu - Benin Express way and Please we are asking Ogun State governor to call off those customs standing at the roadside to enter sagamu from Lagos - Ibadan express way.
Those customs are just there to suck money out of any driver. and they can easilly cause accident at that conner.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Annie2gud(f): 12:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
Return of the marauders.

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by vokalguy(m): 12:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
Ugh they seem to be defeating the whole purpose of a roadblock.A roadblock can be defined as barricade or obstruction across a road set up to prevent the escape or passage, as of a fugitive or enemy troops. but apparently the definition is not in the dictionary of the NPF. This has to stop, it has been happening for decades now!
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by aieromon(m): 12:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
Onitsha-Owerri road

Owerri-Aba road
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by pekelepekele(m): 12:36pm On Apr 11, 2013
Those men in blacks ehn! . I entered a commercial bus from Oshodi to Sango otta lastweek and a policeman entered at Abule egba and the whole vehicle odour changed because of this dirty smell coming out from his uniform. What is wrong with those people called police ?
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Boazizzy08: 12:44pm On Apr 11, 2013
is it not the confused Inspector General of Police who has re ordered them beck to the roads because he wants to enforce his personal decree on tinted vehicles.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by BlueMagic2(m): 12:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
why don't everyone take pictures & videos & paste it everywhere on the internet. Youtube, Facebook, etc even print out hard copies & paste it on ur fences & walls & show the world what a joke the Nigerian Police Force is

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by mshd5: 12:58pm On Apr 11, 2013
Ds surprised me wen i saw them @ idumota Lagos island in d night extorting money 4rm d motorists wt their guns. Ds is so bad
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by dederocs(m): 12:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
it might be due to the insecurity,maybe its a directive from the IG.
which one do you guys prefer,giving police 100naira or being shot by robbers or terrorists? undecided
Nigerians please think widely before talking ish.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Venchy: 1:16pm On Apr 11, 2013
EBA MI KIGBE OLE.....OLE
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by bros856: 1:33pm On Apr 11, 2013
I am tired about Nigerian Police, so IG doesn't mean any personality to them. What is wrong with our country? Police road block are everyway all over the country again. They are collecting money. IG IG IG police help us oooooooooh. We have not heard about arm robbers on the road again but now they will soon return as their partners in crime are gradually going back to the road. Shame on Nigerian Police management. They can't keep an order.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Afolabs101: 1:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
There back in VI and Ikoyi in the evenings.

TINTS

1- Tinted windows are banned unless they are factory fitted.

2- By law, factory fitted tinted windows are exempt from the ban.

3- The police and local governments sell permits for "factory fitted tinted windows", even though by law you do NOT need a permit for factory fitted.

4- Motorists buy "factory fitted tinted window" permits and then put non-factory tints on their car windows.

5- Police allow motorists to move about freely with non-factory tinted windows as long as they have a permit for factory fitted tints.

6- IG makes an announcement and for some few months it is enforced and the Police make huge money from motorists with non-factory tints who have permits.

7- After some time Police relax a bit and we go back to Number 3.

NOTE: It is wrong for the Police or anyone else to sell permits for factory fitted tints, that's extortion.

3 Likes

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by chayooh(f): 1:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
@
op this is so true. They are on d roads again from Babcock junction to
Ijebu-ode, they lie menacingly in waiting for one meal ticket who wud
buy breakfast, lunch and supper for them. What a shame!!!
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
conyema12: I have also witnessed it. it is so disheartening. I have heard it countless times that you cannot separate Nigerian Police and Road blocks.

I think most of the bad pot-holes witnessed by most of our federal highways is caused by indiscriminate road blocks.
The !??(NPL)??! should do something.
wetin you want make Nigerian premier league do?
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Everest9(m): 2:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
they will see what they are looking for one day
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 11, 2013
poster u sound as if its a new thing. i want u or anyone in this house to point to one single law that everyone abides too. just one. u should know by now that everything is legal in 9ja. killing stealing raping looting blackmailing slaughtering terrorising lying f.ucking spitting urinating shitting cheating. u just name it. its all legal.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by playcharles(m): 2:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
Also on Third Mainland Bridge towards obalende axis, they have upgraded they now collect N500 what agbero will call figo from commercial vehicles, will make sure i take picture of them today.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by udokpuenyi(m): 3:04pm On Apr 11, 2013
Blue Magic: why don't everyone take pictures & videos & paste it everywhere on the internet. Youtube, Facebook, etc even print out hard copies & paste it on ur fences & walls & show the world what a joke the Nigerian Police Force is

They will likely shoot you if they find out what you are trying to do unless you have spy gadgets
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by metti(m): 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2013
cryTry Port harcourt to Enugu, u will cry. They are all over shamelessly extorting motorist. cry
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Ekans: 3:12pm On Apr 11, 2013
The other day,a police constable was asking an okada man for his okada tinted permit at a checkpoint.It really that bad now.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by fleps(m): 3:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
Sherlock Holmes:

You must be new to Nigeria or have been on an island on faraway land. Here, the Police have no business with BH, e pass their power so they have resorted to turn to harmless civilians. The SSS and the Soldiers are those you can talk about when it concerns BH the main koko.

berem: Come back and do what? have you heard of Nigeria Police kill Boko Haram members?

I'm not new to naija o o! Dem born moi tee tee for hia! What I mean is that at least they can discover arms and devices when they are being transported. When D boko guys were discovered at Ijora, who would blived before then that such could be there. Abi no be the same highway dem pass (only that it was in a fuel tanker). But with the police on the way to make those searches with interior motives, probably the West (or Third Mainland bridge its poeple and the likes) can be saved again
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Kairoseki77: 3:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
The answer is simple. With amnesty, presidential pardons, and 750,000 naira fines for stealing 22 billion, this is to be expected.

Impunity at the top, breeds impunity at the bottom. Even oil bunkering is starting up again.

Not at single person from the FG has the right to tell them to stop. All of the police officers had their pensions stolen, and the guy who did it got away unpunished. If the FG doesn't care about them, they gotta do what they gotta do to survive.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by MiloRambaldi(m): 3:38pm On Apr 11, 2013
Sherlock Holmes:

The IG wont do shi.t cos he is on it too... He is the at the helm of the whole corruption abunna... Abeg the man has failed!

True. The IG is the reason for the Police corruption. The harassment of motorists over tinted glasses is caused by the IG and it does nothing other than encourage police corruption.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by aku626(m): 3:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
Ketu police station all of Dem are thieves their road block starts from command road to their station.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Underdogg(m): 3:57pm On Apr 11, 2013
Na today?

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by ini4brandon(m): 3:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
fleps:

Don't you think they have to come back? With the Boko Haram misfortune of Nigeria on the increase, we even need more!
But I totally condemn the extortion. Please those extortionists should be arrested. We need genuine policing...
ma broda na waoh... they set their "mobile" on my route to work tis mrng. at Uyo. wasted my precious 15 mins. their oga. was unussually polite sha. PLS. DO YOU KNOW WHICH VEHICLE PAPERS COPS ARE LEGALLY ENTITLED. TO CHECK?
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by mrofficial2(m): 4:16pm On Apr 11, 2013
Also at Ojodu Berger, under the bridge, they are always there from 11pm.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 11, 2013
Before nko.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by remmydada(m): 5:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
fleps:

Don't you think they have to come back? With the Boko Haram misfortune of Nigeria on the increase, we even need more!
But I totally condemn the extortion. Please those extortionists should be arrested. We need genuine policing...
Do you think we have any genuine police also do you think they are there for security purpose very far from it
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by 1800bc(f): 5:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
fleps:

I'm not new to naija o o! Dem born moi tee tee for hia! What I mean is that at least they can discover arms and devices when they are being transported. When D boko guys were discovered at Ijora, who would blived before then that such could be there. Abi no be the same highway dem pass (only that it was in a fuel tanker). But with the police on the way to make those searches with interior motives, probably the West (or Third Mainland bridge its poeple and the likes) can be saved again

so how would you discover arms without catching suspects? They arranged it from their archives jare!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Joseph Daudu: Northern Governors Should Develop Economies Not Bicker Over VAT / INEC To Hold Supplementary Elections In Rivers State On Saturday April 15 / Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.