Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned (11955 Views)

Abba’s Sack Illegal-Police Council Not Consulted As Required By the Constitution / Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide / Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by redsun(m): 5:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
The police and the judiciary are criminal gangs in nigeria,just like the politicians.

There is a case i am partially involved in at the moment in delta state,that the attorney general of delta state is sanctioning the detention of suspects for no identifiable offences,no proofs,no evidences ad no reputable witnesses.Just trumped charges made up by some hooligans who has given them money to torment innocent citizens.

If there is any humane lawyer in the house that wants to take up this case i am talking about,i am ready to give him the details of the case so that he can look it up for real?

Let expose the horrors that are going on in our country on the web.Let fight intellectually and dynamically.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by andyanders: 5:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
[quote author=okpara ugo]When policemen are corrupt, they are simply robbers in uniform...

Their trade starts fom 6:30pm at night...they use all manner of intimidative tactics to extort money. Even pointing a gun at you.[/quote

Your worst enemy is the Nigerian Police Force or any nonsense they call them. They are National Armed Robbers of the Federation. Even having them as relations is just a curse.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by redsun(m): 5:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
They are hooligans,including the judiciary and of course,the kingpins themselves,the politicians.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by kutchs: 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
Thunder fire the Nigerian Police! God punish the Nigerian police.
Whichever of them that fired the shots that killed Nwabueze Santus Korie last night in Lagos will never know peace the rest of his life.
He shall die like an ant and the birds of the air will feed on his rotten carcass.
Cutting short the life of a promising young man for no reason, infact the earth and even hell will never accept your rotten carcass and wicked soul.

Tus mehn good night and may your soul rest in peace.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by tnktosin(m): 5:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
fleps:

Don't you think they have to come back? With the Boko Haram misfortune of Nigeria on the increase, we even need more!
But I totally condemn the extortion. Please those extortionists should be arrested. We need genuine policing...
Wetin dis one dey talk? You obviously are not from around here.
Police and bokoharam, whats the relationship?
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by mrofficial2(m): 5:55pm On Apr 11, 2013
kutchs: Thunder fire the Nigerian Police! God punish the Nigerian police.
Whichever of them that fired the shots that killed Nwabueze Santus Korie last night in Lagos will never know peace the rest of his life.
He shall die like an ant and the birds of the air will feed on his rotten carcass.
Cutting short the life of a promising young man for no reason, infact the earth and even hell will never accept your rotten carcass and wicked soul.

Tus mehn good night and may your soul rest in peace.

Could you please share the story with us?

Thanks.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by BetaThings: 6:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
miteolu: [size=15pt]POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND[/size]

No
[size=15pt]POLICE IS YOUR FIEND[/size]

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Osama10(m): 6:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
I Suggest the IG should post any officer caught on the illegal road block to the North-East of the country. cheesy

I bet they would all run away from the roads. grin
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Fhemmmy: 6:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
Osama10: I Suggest the IG should post any officer caught on the illegal road block to the North-East of the country. cheesy

I bet they would all run away from the roads. grin

You are super wicked oh . . . .Lol
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Osama10(m): 6:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
^^^^^^

grin grin grin
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by vokalguy(m): 6:38pm On Apr 11, 2013
Underdogg: Na today?

haha dats priceless!!
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Policewoman(f): 7:05pm On Apr 11, 2013
ini4brandon: ma broda na waoh... they set their "mobile" on my route to work tis mrng. at Uyo. wasted my precious 15 mins. their oga. was unussually polite sha. PLS. DO YOU KNOW WHICH VEHICLE PAPERS COPS ARE LEGALLY ENTITLED. TO CHECK?
The Police is only empowered to check your Driver's License, Insurance and Vehicle registration. Roadblocks still remain banned as directed by the IG but on some occassions the officers may set up roadblocks with permission from the relevant superiors. For now only Highway partol are allowed to stop and search if need be. On the tinted glass, the law does not affect factory fitted glasses and no oficer should stop you for that reason.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by iesusluvz: 7:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
At Ago Palaceway where I stay, "the men in black" now issue numbers which serve as passcode for d comm motorcycle & tricycle riders. As long as those @ d helm of affair kp paying lip-service attn to d canker of corruptn, opportunist like police shl keep inventing all manners of "technologies" and all that d naive government dat cannot deal with pension & subsidy thieves do is go back to d "drawing board" which has either bn kidnapped or bombed.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by NLGwoodey: 8:04pm On Apr 11, 2013
ini4brandon: ma broda na waoh... they set their "mobile" on my route to work tis mrng. at Uyo. wasted my precious 15 mins. their oga. was unussually polite sha. PLS. DO YOU KNOW WHICH VEHICLE PAPERS COPS ARE LEGALLY ENTITLED. TO CHECK?

Police are not checking your papers to ensure that they are correct. They check to see what you don't have so they
can conveniently extort money from you. Sometimes, these guys don't even know what the original documents look like.
It is not uncommon for them to ask you a stupid question like receipts for your car radio, new antenna, or even
insist that some number or letter in your document is wrong eg.

Officer: This one na zero abi 8?
You: OC, na 8.
Officer: No, na zero o! This ur papers na fake. This na stolen vehicle. You must reach station to explain.
Officer: Serg! Take this man to station. Na forged papers e carry. U no see im eyes. E resemble armed robber.

NOTE: All these na shakara to extort you. From illegible digits to fake papers to armed robbery. These trumped
up charges are just to scare you into settlement.

I was pulled over along Okigwe-Owerri Road. The officer (Black and Black) went through my papers and found out that everything was complete. Then he made one final request that pissed me off. He asked for the ORIGINAL PURCHASE receipt from whoever I bought the car from b/4 shipment. I told him that I will not answer anymore questions unless they take
me to Area Command so I can talk to the AC or best to the headquarters to see the Commissioner of Police.

This infuriated them and the officer placed my documents in his side trouser pockets and walked back to their van.
He shouted over to his colleagues,"this one dey blow grammar, we go show am today!". That officer was fuming.
I wanted to approach him and he yelled at me to stay over where I was. So I started placing calls. My contact
called whoever and they were radioed to release me. My contact then called me back and advised me to always give them small something next time because it is obvious they are frustrated. I was shocked at the suggestion especially
coming from a very senior military officer. Apparently, even the big ogas see it as a way of life.

Lessons learned: Just be courteous with the police. Hail them if you must. Massage their egos if you have to.
Otherwise, how can you explain arguing with a mentally deranged, hungry and frustrated individuals armed by the state?
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by andyanders: 8:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
NLG_woodey:

Police are not checking your papers to ensure that they are correct. They check to see what you don't have so they
can conveniently extort money from you. Sometimes, these guys don't even know what the original documents look like.
It is not uncommon for them to ask you a stupid question like receipts for your car radio, new antenna, or even
insist that some number or letter in your document is wrong eg.

Officer: This one na zero abi 8?
You: OC, na 8.
Officer: No, na zero o! This ur papers na fake. This na stolen vehicle. You must reach station to explain.
Officer: Serg! Take this man to station. Na forged papers e carry. U no see im eyes. E resemble armed robber.

NOTE: All these na shakara to extort you. From illegible digits to fake papers to armed robbery. These trumped
up charges are just to scare you into settlement.

I was pulled over along Okigwe-Owerri Road. The officer (Black and Black) went through my papers and found out that everything was complete. Then he made one final request that pissed me off. He asked for the ORIGINAL PURCHASE receipt from whoever I bought the car from b/4 shipment. I told him that I will not answer anymore questions unless they take
me to Area Command so I can talk to the AC or best to the headquarters to see the Commissioner of Police.

This infuriated them and the officer placed my documents in his side trouser pockets and walked back to their van.
He shouted over to his colleagues,"this one dey blow grammar, we go show am today!". That officer was fuming.
I wanted to approach him and he yelled at me to stay over where I was. So I started placing calls. My contact
called whoever and they were radioed to release me. My contact then called me back and advised me to always give them small something next time because it is obvious they are frustrated. I was shocked at the suggestion especially
coming from a very senior military officer. Apparently, even the big ogas see it as a way of life.

Lessons learned: Just be courteous with the police. Hail them if you must. Massage their egos if you have to.
Otherwise, how can you explain arguing with a mentally deranged, hungry and frustrated individuals armed by the state?

You said the truth. Just smile like goat and behave as if nothing happen. Ask, my broda, how your family and work.Just to pass them.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by ictmarket: 10:55pm On Apr 11, 2013
Why should the Nigeria police not mount road blocks when their DPO sits in the office waiting for returns from patrol vehicles and do you even think their stations make provision for fueling patrol vans?
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by confusion247(m): 11:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
miteolu: [size=15pt]POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND[/size]
When you here that police is your friend, Nigeria police is not among and not one of those police formation that is your friend.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by chucky234(m): 11:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
dulphines: Corrupt practices of the Nigerian Police is like Malaria! You can't totally get rid of it. Just get anti-malaria handy!
Anti-police you mean
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by mallamaliyu: 12:24am On Apr 12, 2013
okpara ugo: When policemen are corrupt, they are simply robbers in uniform...

Their trade starts fom 6:30pm at night...they use all manner of intimidative tactics to extort money. Even pointing a gun at you.
we complain that police are corrupt. its not just the police, its US as well. until, we are willing to do something about it. abeg, make dem carry dey go joor
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by mallamaliyu: 12:25am On Apr 12, 2013
confusion247:
When you here that police is your friend, Nigeria police is not among and not one of those police formation that is your friend.
how do you expect them no to be corrupt, when we as public are not willing to support and fight their leaders to train them properly instead of putting the money set aside for their training in individual's pockets.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by mallamaliyu: 12:29am On Apr 12, 2013
andyanders:

You said the truth. Just smile like goat and behave as if nothing happen. Ask, my broda, how your family and work.Just to pass them.

well said, i personally got into fight with one on chrismas day 2012 in sango, abeokuta. this guy tear my shirt into pieces then once he saw my us military id. the guy begin to beg. it was a very interesting scene that day. but later on i thought about how easily they could have discharged their weapon and kill me then lie and add me among boko harams. a life is worth preserving..
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by mallamaliyu: 12:32am On Apr 12, 2013
tnktosin:
Wetin dis one dey talk? You obviously are not from around here.
Police and bokoharam, whats the relationship?
. Police and boko haram are like two peas in a pod. both bring sorrow and tragedy in once's life. both cause financial burden. both are public enemy # 1
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 12, 2013
timpaker: The Nigerian Police are outlaws, imagine disobeying a directive from the IG, dia boss...
those found guilty should be jailed and have all dia entitlements striped off! Nonsense!! angry angry angry

Ummmm.... and why wouldnt they?! The President violated all laws known to mankind by not only pardoning a known criminal, but by also entrenching corruption in the country and you expect the Police to adhere to the law?

Law ko, Lawrence ni! Its Fresh Air jo, make una dey enjoy am dey go.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by dc555: 4:35am On Apr 12, 2013
Experience have thought me never to trust a policeman. they say one thing and do something else.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by cffb: 4:48am On Apr 12, 2013
...on awolowo just before you enter lagos-ibadan express way at alausa ,the useless police are always at one corner at nite harrassing people with gun while extorting road users.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Btruth: 7:16am On Apr 12, 2013
What a country! Things never really work here though. Police in Nigeria are just a scumbag; useless, dirty, unpatriotic & very rude too. I mean there is nothing wrong with Police been on the road for a routine control of vehicles & their occupants, but their harassment of law abiding citizen is something that should be look into. To be honest, majority of Nigerians do not fancy our Police men. We see them as a treat, and as such, many have concluded that Police are indeed an enemy to them rather than a friend. Personally, I don't like them. They are such a nuisance to me because of their way of approach sometimes to me; both on the road & at the station. Always been aggressive, abusive, & defensive, even on a small case that can be resolved. It is only a Nigerian Police that can make a simple case worst. They are never to be trusted. They see the Police station as their own Bank, and themselves as the banker. Nothing really work. Anyway, as for the road block thing, I think we could just start listing where they are on the road here so that people will know that and not be caught on aware.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by 190: 7:20am On Apr 12, 2013
Pray: I was in Ekiti recently for the Easter break and passes through not less than 5 police road blocks on my way to Ikogosi warm spring.

The Lagos road blocks i assume is due to ban on Okadas and tinted Glass.(Chap pepper)

Police seized an okada parked in front of an okada mechanic workshop! Imagine.

Rotfl
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by oyeladeomoniyi: 10:19am On Apr 12, 2013
we are experiencing the same problem here in Rivers State
there is a road block around Rupokwu new airport link road
Iwofe Road and some other places
the police that suppose to enforce law are the one violating it
is only God dat can save us from the problem of bad and irresponsible leaders them
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by oldave: 1:11pm On Apr 12, 2013
@Policewoman,I think the law on tinted glass permit does not exempt factory fitted glasses,here is a publication from CSP Frank Mba police PRO.The Publication shed light on all the grey areas.http://odili.net/news/source/2013/apr/10/824.html.
Regards
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Aarenaija: 9:47pm On Apr 12, 2013
Only God knows the reason for the urgency to milk this Country dry by the 'leaders'. The police is doing their own too. I see them every time at the tail end of old Ota road everyday extorting money from commercial bus drivers at gun point. So it is no new story.
Re: Illegal Police Roadblocks Have Returned by Kairoseki77: 3:06am On Apr 13, 2013
mr.official2:
Also at Ojodu Berger, under the bridge, they are always there from 11pm.

Maybe you should stop sleeping under the bridge and get a job!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AFCON: President Buhari Encourages Super Eagles / Imo Insecurity: Sen. Orji Kalu Condemns Attack On Gov Uzodinma’s Country Home / Igboho: I Have Not Asked Any Retired Soldier Or Politician To Beg The Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.