Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,205 members, 7,860,337 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:35 AM

Where Do You Call Prison? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Do You Call Prison? (610 Views)

See The Prison Sule Lamido And Sons Are Being Kept...disgrace / So Skinny! See What Obasanjo Looks Like After Being Released From Prison In 1998 / Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Do You Call Prison? by ANYPEN(m): 3:19pm On Apr 11, 2013
I grew up in a neighborhood where some of us describe our homes as 'prisons'...why?... because we were always denied by our parents a play on the field using our very energetic, restless and risk friendly BODY... it was always like there is something in the body to put to test and it is lying there idle not knowing
the joy of winning by winning a 'monkey post' contest;
the anger of losing by losing a 'ten ten' challenge;
the pain of a breakdown by the cracking of bones;
and of course the happiness of being able to play with once a broken bone again...

Not being able to feel the joy and the happiness as well as the anger and the pain and all the lessons in them was what made home 'prison' then.

WHERE DO YOU CALL PRISON?

Now that we are youths, we no longer need our bodies to feel
pain through bruises;
happiness through winning a 'ten ten' contest;
or anger through losing a 'monkey post' match
still we need our restless, energetic and risk friendly MIND to feel anger, happiness, joy and sadness because we still need the lessons in them... and the fact is, where we can have all these is where FREEDOM is and where they are all taken away is where PRISON is.

I once visited a prison yard and seriously, it was a terrifying experience and I DREAD it... where your body is put under total restriction and your mind given a lot of freedom can be a very scary place but you know what? I dread more of a place where your mind is given total restriction and your body a lot of freedom.

I watched with keen interest lately a huge and beautiful church building built and donated by the vice senate president (senator Ike Ekweremadu) to his people in his homeland and I thought to myself

"if this man has driven through roads ridden with pot-holes, passed through non tarred roads, zoomed through the beggars and the homeless to build a church of that magnitude in a place where there is no electricity, no jobs for the youths, no portable water and well equipped clinics, then what he built and donated in the real sense is a 'prison' where the minds of the people will be restricted to feeling...

JOY: because truly there is no joy.
SADNESS: though written all over their faces, it becomes unholy to feel it in the 'house of God'.
HAPPINESS: because that is already promised in heaven and so there is no qualms not having it here & now on earth and
ANGER: because it automatically becomes a sin to be angry in 'the house of the Lord'."

WHERE DO YOU CALL PRISON?
Re: Where Do You Call Prison? by Rapmaestro(m): 3:21pm On Apr 11, 2013
Hmmm?

(1) (Reply)

Should A 'northerner' Ever Lead This Great Nation Again? / Toronto Mayor Filmed Smoking Crack Cocaine / Save Doctor In Cross River State Government Net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.