Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque (22020 Views)

Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / Kano City Mosque Bombing!! 400yrs Old History Broken / First Mosque In The Arctic Circle. Subhanallah! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by LagosShia: 7:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
Iran Builds Pyongyang’s First Mosque

New pictures show Iran has built a "Shia mosque" in Pyongyang

An inscription of the word "Allah" in Arabic appears from the roof of the mosque

January 21, 2013

New pictures from NK Econwatch show that a "Shia mosque" has been built at the Iranian embassy compound in Pyongyang. Located next to the Romanian embassy, the Iranian mosque puts the number of places of worship in the North Korean capital to five.

The extremely low number of Shia Muslims working in North Korea outside of the Iranian embassy mean that it the mosque was likely built with only embassy staff in mind. Indeed, it is not uncommon for Iran to build prayer facilities at its overseas embassies, with both its Tokyo and Islamabad offices having two such examples.

While there are a number Islamic countries that are diplomatically represented in Pyongyang, North Korea satellite expert Curtis Melvin says that this is the first mosque there to his knowledge,

"There is not a mosque at either the Egyptian embassy or the Pakistani embassy. I am unsure of the location of the Libyan embassy (do any readers know?) or whether it has a mosque. In the meantime, the DPRK might be the only country with a Shia mosque but not a Sunni mosque".

Melvin notes that it might be possible for foreigners to visit the mosque, providing they adhere to Islamic custom,

"If the embassy staff are good Muslims, they should allow you to enter the compound to visit the mosque. Just be sure to bring modest clothes, and women, please cover your heads".

While religion is ostensibly allowed in North Korea, practically speaking there are few if any opportunities for citizens to practice a faith openly.

Some western religious groups claim there are tens of thousands of Christians imprisoned in the North Korean prison system, however, they provide little factual evidence to substantiate their claims.

http://www.nknews.org/2013/01/iran-buillds-pyongyangs-first-mosque/

1 Like

Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by LagosShia: 7:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
DISCLAIMER:

PLEASE NOTE THAT DESCRIBING THE MASJID (MOSQUE) AS "SHIA" IS THE EXPRESSION USED BY THE AUTHOR OF THE ARTICLE,AND I ADDED QUOTATION MARKS WHEREVER THE WORDS "SHIA MOSQUE" APPEAR.IN ISLAM,THE ENTIRE EARTH IS A MASJID (A PLACE OF PROSTRATION) AND THERE IS REALLY NOTHING AS "SHIA" OR "SUNNI" MOSQUE.ALL MOSQUES ARE PLACES WHERE ALLAH (swt) IS WORSHIPPED FOR ALL MUSLIMS.DESCRIBING A MOSQUE AS "SHIA" OR "SUNNI" IS EITHER MEANT OUT OF ILL-WILL TO DIVIDE MUSLIMS,OR TO EMPHASIZE SECTARIAN/POLITICAL DIVISION AS TO WHICH GROUP ADMINISTER A PARTICULAR MOSQUE.HOWEVER REGARDLESS OF WHETHER A SUNNI OR SHIA ADMINISTERS A MOSQUE,A MOSQUE IS A MOSQUE.I WANTED TO CLARIFY THIS,LEST ANY HATER BLINDLY ACCUSE THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN OR THE SHIA FOR WHAT IS FOUND IN THE ARTICLE/THE DESCRIPTION.

17 Likes

Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by ZhulFiqar2: 9:04pm On Apr 11, 2013
"They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it".(Holy Quran 61:8 )

10 Likes

Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by deols(f): 5:55am On Apr 12, 2013
This is a good development.

But don't the people of North Korea have a religion? as it is said that they are not allowed to profess any faith publicly.
Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by anishe(m): 3:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
Good one. may Allah swt show them the straight path, Ameen.

1 Like

Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
That's a good look - there's nothing bad in diversity, if it's going to enhance the relationship between the two countries...
Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by 50calibre(m): 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2013
Countries with similar ideologies and enemies flock together, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

This is a typical quid pro quo situation, Iran builds mosque in Pyongyang and North Korea gives Iran some nuclear and missile technology in return.

1 Like

Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by IleIfe2(m): 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2013
anishe: Good one. may Allah swt show them the straight path, Ameen.

Inside the Iranian compound. Na who go get mouth pass for here now, KIM or MOH?

[img]http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10959/sulu.gif#LMAO%20gif%20290x260[/img]
Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by nagoma(m): 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2013
How many churches are there in North Korea? If the Italian embassy wanted a chapel in the embassy compound in N. Korea, could they have it? I have not seen anything strange, unusual or unexpected in this story.
Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by free2ryhme: 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2013
Will dis affect amnesty for boko haram
Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by tutu1: 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2013
Iran builds mosque, is that suppose to be news? like really, who gives a flying f...k what they decide to build in North Korea, secondly as long as some people keep mixing religion and politics there will always be problem
Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by martin1772(m): 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
I pity them
Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by slimming: 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
ok
Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by oluagness(m): 4:14pm On Apr 15, 2013
50calibre: Countries with similar ideologies and enemies flock together, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

This is a typical quid pro quo situation, Iran builds mosque in Pyongyang and North Korea gives Iran some nuclear and missile technology in return.
. I thought as such. Iran with high level of other religion intolerance can do that. Well God is in control.
Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by jimino(m): 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2013
hw does dis discourage many muslim fellow 4rm partaking in terrorism
Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 15, 2013
Why does the Islam section restrict comments? I guess it's inferiority complex. Good for anyone who worships there. Hope they find the truth soonest.

6 Likes

Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by eminikansoso(m): 4:25pm On Apr 15, 2013
Mad Cow: Iran build North Koreas First Terrorist base. angry

according to your name, in the day of judgement you will be restored as cow Insha Allah bequdratulla

10 Likes

Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by theripper2: 4:32pm On Apr 15, 2013
Trying to raise terrorists in North Korea?
Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by Fishout(m): 4:44pm On Apr 15, 2013
that is good o o o o o o .we want more of it in europe country
Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by ichommy(m): 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by ikweremilitant: 4:54pm On Apr 15, 2013
Zhul-Fiqar.:
"They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it".(Holy Quran 61:8 )
hmm dpnk I no they re ur allies but watch it o , u can come and ask nija for some tutorials
Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by bonetalk(m): 5:00pm On Apr 15, 2013
caukerzee: Iran builds 1st suicide bomb factory in north korea.

Iran establishes 1st terrorist base in north korea.

Iran builds the 1st home of confused R E T A R D S in north korea.
honestly
Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by bonetalk(m): 5:06pm On Apr 15, 2013
Fishout: that is good o o o o o o .we want more of it in europe country
SMH, is North Korea an European country Nawa for u o
Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by Aphrygian(m): 5:20pm On Apr 15, 2013
They can go to the extent of establishing a mosque in anoda country but anodas pple's religion cant be practised in there country

1 Like

Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by Litmus: 5:24pm On Apr 15, 2013
Hate to say it but these days a Mosque is more toxic than any Nuclear plant. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by fitzmayowa: 5:27pm On Apr 15, 2013
jimino: hw does dis discourage many muslim fellow 4rm partaking in terrorism
This your post might offend our dear mujahideen...which in turn might earn you a ban till 2099 grin

1 Like

Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by solomon111(m): 5:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
shymexx: That's a good look - there's nothing bad in diversity, if it's going to enhance the relationship between the two countries...
you are a closet muslim.
Re: Iran Builds North-Korea's First Mosque by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 15, 2013
Av neva tot of the Koreans practising any religion b4, are they Muslim populated or are they of christian discendants? I guess am missn something, arn't i?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Two Wives Of The Same Husband Share The Same House? / The Barcode 666 Is Of No Significance / Ruling On Muslims Congratulating One Another On The Occasion Of The Gregorian NY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.