Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,371 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

How Does The Connections On Nairaland Work In Relation To Private Messages? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Does The Connections On Nairaland Work In Relation To Private Messages? (825 Views)

How Does The Mentions Feature Of Nairaland Work? / Does Naijaloaded And Nairaland Work Together? / The Fastest Web-browser For Slow Internet Connections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does The Connections On Nairaland Work In Relation To Private Messages? by soloqy: 4:16am On Apr 12, 2013
I get Nairaland system emails like this: "Lagbaja would like to send you an email message, but since you're not connected, you'll need to contact Lagbaja by replying this email." .

I would like to receive messages from members on here if the private messaging system still works and not having to contact the sender via my own email.

Please how does this Private Messaging and connections work?

2 Likes

Re: How Does The Connections On Nairaland Work In Relation To Private Messages? by Nobody: 6:12am On Apr 12, 2013
You both have to follow each other to send messages directly. That's what keeps you "connected".
Re: How Does The Connections On Nairaland Work In Relation To Private Messages? by sisqology(m): 6:21am On Apr 12, 2013
And if you're not following eachother, you will have to check your email(the one you registered with), an email will be there. You can mail the person from there.
Re: How Does The Connections On Nairaland Work In Relation To Private Messages? by soloqy: 11:09am On Apr 12, 2013
sisqology: And if you're not following eachother, you will have to check your email(the one you registered with), an email will be there. You can mail the person from there.

If I mail the person from there, would my email address not be visible to him? I would like to know who is contacting me before replying the person with my email address.

I thought there was a Private messaging system on Nairaland before that didnt require connections?
Re: How Does The Connections On Nairaland Work In Relation To Private Messages? by Cool: 12:37am On Apr 13, 2013
I suggest that users should have an option to determine whether they only want to be contacted by people who are following them or they want to be able to receive PMs from anybody.

Given the current structure of general collaboration on the forum, the current private messaging system seems suboptimal in its usefulness.

Cool
Re: How Does The Connections On Nairaland Work In Relation To Private Messages? by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 13, 2013
Cool:

Given the current structure of general collaboration on the forum, the current private messaging system seems suboptimal in its usefulness.

Cool
What do you mean by sub-optimal?

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Making It With Addynamo?? / Free Blog+domain Name+ Customised Email Account+ Facebook Plugin For 5000k / Please Review This Site And Suggest Css Code Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.