Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Nigerian Youths Wake Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths Wake Up (2823 Views)

Where Did We Go Wrong? Nigerian Youths Wake Up! - Prof Soyinka / Open Letter To AREWA Youths: Wake Up! Do The Right Thing!! Take The Shackles Off / Nigerian Youths Wake Up!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Youths Wake Up by yemisiabiodun: 6:00am On Apr 12, 2013
Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other country except Nigeria, We have been suffering in silence while our Leaders put our future in their bank accounts. How can we remain like this? How can a youth go to school and suffered to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40 and still your future is as bleak as a dark room. Did your parents send you to school to sit at home because our Government have failed us. Let us come out one day and say No. We must not remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to find a better life, our better life is here in our country. We have the money, oil and resources but only a selected few have continue to suck it dry why we keep believing God for a change, wake up now I challenge you.

We need 500,000 youths in each of the 36states to challenge the Government. We say NO, we will destroy this country and rebuild it afresh, we will fight those who stand on our way as they are considered the enemy. A man cannot have billions of naira while millions of youths roam the streets every day looking for daily bread. Our young men must not all be kidnappers, our young girls must not all be prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has come for us to react, the only way our Government listens is violence, they have shown it to the Niger delta militants and now they are planning to show it to the boko haram..whereas a simple gesture of N20,000 per month to the unemployed is rejected and you pay militants N75,000 per month.

How much do they pay as minimum wage? How much do they pay to elected officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria will burn to be rebuilt again like Libya, Iraq, Egypt and Turnisia...please spread this message unless you want to die in poverty in a country where God has destined all of us to be happy and prosperous...!!! Pls send this msg to all ur contact cos anytin can happen o!!!
I knw sum will say NO BC PLS

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by seedord247(m): 6:13am On Apr 12, 2013
Where are we meeting.. ? undecided
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by idsamoo(m): 6:57am On Apr 12, 2013
Seconded! Hw do we get started?we need strategies to handle nd bring down the fools (military)who wld stand our way!after datt deyy are wil be as gd as dead!togeda we wil make it happen!!one nation one naija!!
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by abuliveyoung(m): 7:02am On Apr 12, 2013
lets get it started! enough is enough....i've been patient all this while believng d change would come but is not forthcomng. lets strategise now......MOD, abeg front page
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by Zakkyoz: 7:06am On Apr 12, 2013
I'm interested. Please count me in!
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by pomporiking: 8:32am On Apr 12, 2013
Naso dem dey talk..na when kasala bust now everybody go miss
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by linsa01(m): 8:49am On Apr 12, 2013
Yes! With one voice let's start the struggle for a better Nigeria. Our future is in danger if we allow 'them' to continue this way. We should also realise it's not only online revolution but we must start from here. I believe it's possible. Rebroacast this to all the youths you can reach.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by linsa01(m): 8:55am On Apr 12, 2013
pompori king: Naso dem dey talk..na when kasala bust now everybody go miss

exactly my thoughts but to you know what? We need to start by a peaceful protest. These politicians don't seems to know what an average Nigerian youth is going through. If we can mobilise a 1m youths protest across the country, they would probably see we've broken our silence.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by Ololade1999: 9:37am On Apr 12, 2013
It is easier said than done but who is ready to bell the cat?.nobody wants to die for others to survive and this is our biggest problem. some people have to pay the supreme price for others to survive. our leaders are not as rigid as those arabian leaders. a month is enough for removing those devilish leaders of this nation.if the war starts,I'm in. I won't run
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by metro10: 10:01am On Apr 12, 2013
Too much words, less action....
Lets march from lagos to abuja....one million jobless graduate...we will beg for food while we march....call at all state government offices along the way...sleep in d bush and road as we march...occupy abuja...aso rock...peacefull protest...no weapon...we are tired of this nonsense.

Date: May 1st, 2013
Venue: National stadium gate, surulere
Time:10am
Arrival in Aso rock: when ever we get there.
Dressing code: Green white green.
Come with food, tootpaste and water only.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by luxzzy4ever(m): 11:03am On Apr 12, 2013
Am afraid of people backing down when it comes to real decision making. as for me 100% in bt hope all will be in? me go run when people run o o. but let us make it real as we had french revoloution of 1789 and d english of 17th century. ALUTA CONTINUA. . .Peace to us all. . .
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by metro10: 11:08am On Apr 12, 2013
My personal opinion. Pls, your suggestion.

metro10: Too much words, less action....
Lets march from lagos to abuja....one million jobless graduate...we will beg for food while we march....call at all state government offices along the way...sleep in d bush and road as we march...occupy abuja...aso rock...peacefull protest...no weapon...we are tired of this nonsense.

Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by Uziehot(m): 1:43pm On Apr 12, 2013
Lets go. We d youth need dis pls,lets make it work.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by Cholls(m): 2:01pm On Apr 12, 2013
Ai yaaembarassed and i have plans this year o.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by duality(m): 4:49pm On Apr 12, 2013
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by adim2(m): 6:49pm On Apr 12, 2013
I did post something like this in politics section but did not get a favourable reply from others. But now am seeing a similar mindset and am ready. I will advice will start with a peaceful gathering allowing tv stations to video us and we say enough is enough. There are many things they need to correct.

1. Some states since the introduction of democracy have never created any job yet they eat from the masses
2. You see adverts that keep asking for 5years and above experience.
3. What about subsidy removal money. SURE-P is the worst thing that can happen to we youth. Let post the value, spread it out in our facebooks and tweeter and let our government knows that its takes only a thin line to move from level of sanity to insanity and unemployment is one sure way to get a sane person insane.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by ayoolapaul(m): 7:41pm On Apr 12, 2013
i would advice young youths to go into fish farming business.If you are interested in learning how to hatch catfish fingerlings contact me via my signature...
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by metro10: 8:15pm On Apr 12, 2013
adim2: I did post something like this in politics section but did not get a favourable reply from others. But now am seeing a similar mindset and am ready. I will advice will start with a peaceful gathering allowing tv stations to video us and we say enough is enough. There are many things they need to correct.

1. Some states since the introduction of democracy have never created any job yet they eat from the masses
3. What about subsidy removal money. SURE-P is the worst thing that can happen to we youth. Let post the value, spread it out in our facebooks and tweeter and let our government knows that its takes only a thin line to move from level of sanity to insanity and unemployment is one sure way to get a sane person insane.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by metro10: 8:19pm On Apr 12, 2013
adim2: I did post something like this in politics section but did not get a favourable reply from others. But now am seeing a similar mindset and am ready. I will advice will start with a peaceful gathering allowing tv stations to video us and we say enough is enough. There are many things they need to correct.

good one...maybe we meet in the capital of our states...meet your governor withe the press presence.

Also, maybe leaders of the movement should meet first for structure implementation. Peace!
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by adim2(m): 9:17pm On Apr 12, 2013
The main issue now is who are the core leaders and proponent of this campaign? I would like to work with a team we meet fashion out modelities and know d best way to go out it without interrupting peace in the land. So guys let's start gradual revolution to help the undergraduates.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by MORPHYLEE: 10:38pm On Apr 12, 2013
LAGOS STATE, LETS START FROM TBS TO ALAWUSA.CHANNEL TV & TVC WILL JOIN US LIVE.LET THERE BE A UNIFORM DATE THROUGHOUT THE FEDERATION
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by remzytimer: 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2013
metro10: Too much words, less action....

yea! I love this but instead of green white green w'll put on rag dt will signifies hunger among the graduates,lets find a way to inform the media and the general public and it will be tagged peaceful protest, get this across to other social websites, let this be everywhere.....may 1st
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by remzytimer: 11:16pm On Apr 12, 2013
ayoola paul: i would advice young youths to go into fish farming business.If you are interested in learning how to hatch catfish fingerlings contact me via my signature...
i hate this kind of talk with passion, where do graduates get their capitals from, asides that we are the future leader and there are lots of wrong doings in the country that needs to be corrected, we need to create ground and respect for the youth other than use and dump and been humiliated by the so call leaders....can't u see that naija is grooming poverty....;->
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by metro10: 12:31am On Apr 13, 2013
adim2: The main issue now is who are the core leaders and proponent of this campaign? I would like to work with a team we meet fashion out modelities and know d best way to go out it without interrupting peace in the land. So guys let's start gradual revolution to help the undergraduates.

if you believe in this course, indicate your interest publicly here of bn a core leader. We will have to meet...the earlier the better...in a central place in lagos, likely surulere, next week saturday...10am prompt.
Register your participation now.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by mrofficial2(m): 12:44am On Apr 13, 2013
Wrong section. Where are the mods?
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by adim2(m): 12:59am On Apr 13, 2013
lets do this way we have some core leaders from each local government and we fix date and venue. we really have to take it slow, start with broadcast of message and make the unemployed youth know that this is not a violence protest. I will compile some venues and we will get some leaders to man those venues. every local government area will be represented and we need to discuss issues so that they wont see us as threat to peace in the land.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by adim2(m): 1:04am On Apr 13, 2013
metro10:

good one...maybe we meet in the capital of our states...meet your governor withe the press presence.

Also, maybe leaders of the movement should meet first for structure implementation. Peace!

we really need the press to be on our side. like i keep saying some state government since they handed over to civilian rule have never created jobs for their people yet they get revenue from the federal. if this people provide jobs the unemployment rate will reduce. since we have signed the social contract, we have been keeping to our own contract let them also keep to their own contract. we have the man power let them put us into positive use. post this on your Facebook, tweeter handle, broadcast it on your bbm and let our youth know that it time to stand up for our right
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by metro10: 7:03am On Apr 13, 2013
adim2:

we really need the press to be on our side. like i keep saying some state government since they handed over to civilian rule have never created jobs for their people yet they get revenue from the federal. if this people provide jobs the unemployment rate will reduce. since we have signed the social contract, we have been keeping to our own contract let them also keep to their own contract. we have the man power let them put us into positive use. post this on your Facebook, tweeter handle, broadcast it on your bbm and let our youth know that it time to stand up for our right

Good one adim...
@All...Our silence is their victory. Let your voice be heard.
@Adim...compile the local goverment areas, lets start getting listings from those areas and we meet to formulate objectives and structure...very essential. We will go places with this...its time we are heard. Again, i won't subscribe to violence...let us legitimate express our pain...we need jobs...and social benefits as jobless graduates/youth...we are the future of this country....i don't want to run abroad...we all don't have to....
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by Nwogbe: 7:32am On Apr 13, 2013
wow!!! Interesting thread. I have been wanting to push for such campaign ever since, this is just the right time for this i tell ya. Pls Op wot will happen is for us to have a complete representation from each state from this forum first. This can be done by simply indicating your interest and the state u are reping. We will however fix a meeting @ a venue in lagos by that nextweek to deliberate and familiarize as well as streamline issues.
Lemme start, am from Abia and will be reping Abia.
NB: the essence for stating your state is to make sure that we have at least a representative from each state during the meeting by nextwk. Thks.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by metro10: 7:52am On Apr 13, 2013
Representing lagos.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by metro10: 8:00am On Apr 13, 2013
yemisiabiodun: igerian Youths wake up, We have no other country except Nigeria, We have been suffering in silence while our Leaders put our future in their bank accounts. How can we remain like this? How can a youth go to school and suffered to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40 and still your future is as bleak as a dark room. Did your parents send you to school to sit at home because our Government have failed us. Let us come out one day and say No. We must not remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to find a better life, our better life is here in our country. We have the money, oil and resources but only a selected few have continue to suck it dry why we keep believing God for a change, wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000 youths in each of the 36states to challenge the Government. We say NO, we will destroy this country and rebuild it afresh, we will fight those who stand on our way as they are considered the enemy. A man cannot have billions of naira while millions of youths roam the streets every day looking for daily bread. Our young men must not all be kidnappers, our young girls must not all be prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has come for us to react, the only way our Government listens is violence, they have shown it to the Niger delta militants and now they are planning to show it to the boko haram..whereas a simple gesture of N20,000 per month to the unemployed is rejected and you pay militants N75,000 per month. How much do they pay as minimum wage? How much do they pay to elected officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria will burn to be rebuilt again like Libya, Iraq, Egypt and Turnisia...please spread this message unless you want to die in poverty in a country where God has destined all of us to be happy and prosperous...!!! Pls send this msg to all ur contact cos anytin can happen o!!!
I knw sum will say NO BC PLS

@Yemisiabiodun, i would suggest you change the title of this post to ''Nigerian Unemployed Youth Movement''. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up by luxzzy4ever(m): 8:15am On Apr 13, 2013
@metro is it only unemployement that is wrong wit ds nation? we only need one reason to start and they have given us that. Victory assured. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day: African Leaders Caught Sleeping In A Meeting(a.u)lol! / History Of Armed Robbers, Company Liquidators, Rapists And Notoriours Official.. / This Boy Is Now A Serving Governor In Nigeria. Who Is He?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.