Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,415 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi (11547 Views)

5 African First Ladies Who Cheated On Their Husbands (photos) / Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Musa Dikwa / Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2012 In One Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by searay(m): 11:02am On Apr 12, 2013
timecop28: They are still cheating us. For instance Eco bank started charging me 200naira ATM maintenance fee which they never mentioned to me initially. The annoying thing is that they backdated it to last year and deducted for every single month. This is apart from the monthly SMS charge they normally remove.
Though, i don't agree with Sanusi's policies on the economy but he is right about this one. These banks need to be checked.
your own better, me I no get ATM, no transaction this year, but N4000.00 dissappear from my account. They keep asking me to come back for retification, it's almost a month now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by DisGuy: 11:04am On Apr 12, 2013
BarryX: 6billion is definitely underestimated, Personally i lost quite a sum due to mistaken account number of which i am still 'digging' it out with the bank since last year and with way things are going i might yield coupled with hidden maintenance charges, nobody has really given me the full details of what the f*kin ATM card maintenance fee is all about. If i am allowed to give their cheating figure, i would say all their profits for last year.

Oh please dont say this in public, apparently we not meant to say bad things about our institutions we dont want to scare away investors and customers now do we?
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by searay(m): 11:07am On Apr 12, 2013
Applestorelagos: APPLE-STORE. For all your apple computers, iPad, iPod, iPhone. All apple laptop & iPad accessories. Repairs & warranty of all apple products.
Contact us at: 11 OTIGBA STREET 3rd FLOOR, OPP FIDELITY BANK OFF MEDICAL ROAD. IKEJA, LAGOS.
Tel: 08135268317,08184215566
Email:bobosas46@yahoo.com
www.pelfman..com
You no get Paw-paw products?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by searay(m): 11:12am On Apr 12, 2013
Let me blame GEJ for this. Why? I don't even know.
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by BarryX(m): 11:18am On Apr 12, 2013
timecop28:
The ATM card maintenance fee is disguised scam. Some banks have been on this ever since while others just implemented it. For a moment, i considered closing my account with one of the banks because of that. i mean they removed four figures from my account just like that. why didn't they remove it all last year when i had money in my account? i guess they just figured out the scam channel.
i'm still waiting for someone to complain about that bank that charges 100naira to withdraw at the counter. like for what reason?
The last time i checked GTB charges for POS usage and also FB still insist on charging for ATM since according to them they can't bear the brunt of the cost alone. We're a dilemma of some sort because the banks insist they've to charge to stay afloat or probably make their shareholders smile while we {customers} on the other side are crying of being ripped off by them banks
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by zikclassiq(m): 11:28am On Apr 12, 2013
maximum007: So are they going to give the cheated customers their money back?
read read read again!
Over N6bn "was recovered for customers"! Haba na? Mak una dy read wel b4 una adrenaline overtak una mouth!
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by zikclassiq(m): 11:33am On Apr 12, 2013
solomon111: you are not very intelligent.
Do you know that such declarations can drive away both local and foreign clients/investors,when part of his job is to attract them?.
He should silently curb any banking excesses without negatively affecting the image of the Nigerian banking system.
That is how it is done.
we need to know wats happening. Its called**FEED BACK** sogbon?
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by Burger01(m): 11:35am On Apr 12, 2013
johnwizey: Birds of d same feather
Feathers of the same 'birds'.... sad
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by BarryX(m): 11:39am On Apr 12, 2013
Dis Guy:

Oh please dont say this in public, apparently we not meant to say bad things about our institutions we dont want to scare away investors and customers now do we?
Dude, If the CBN GOVERNOR of all people can say such to Investors & Customers talk more of me, BTW, THE TRUTH IS BITTER AND WE'VE NO OTHER OPTION BUT TO TASTE IT
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by parki: 11:41am On Apr 12, 2013
That Sanusi is honest enough to come out publicly to announce to you people that he observed that banks swindled customers to the tune of 6bn therefore, the banks should refund these customer's their money is a welcome development. Sanusi should be applauded for this. He saw a bad trend in the bank and spoke against it. This shows transparency and i love what he is doing.

Sanusi is the man.
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by timecop28: 11:41am On Apr 12, 2013
BarryX. Exactly! I was referring to GTbank. As a matter of fact, I didn't even know it applies to POS transactions also. If I'm not mistaken, this policy has been implemented since 08/09 and it's still running. I wonder why no one has complained about this, and u wonder how they get to declare their huge profits after tax. Are they still encouraging the use of ATM after 4 years??
Is there even any sector of the economy that isn't corrupt in Nigeria? angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by timecop28: 11:54am On Apr 12, 2013
Dis Guy:

Later, y'all will start crying that the society is corrupt and the Govt isn't fighting corruption, well except u tell me this Isn't corruption in any sense. I believe one of the ways to transform a thief is to embarrass him. u do otherwise, I bet u hez definitely going down that road again.
Sanusi should even publish the names of the banks involved sef.
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by byteem: 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2013
Boss13: Sanusi, you seem to forget all too soon that you were part of the banking system and also your top priority job is to boost confidence in the banking system.
Your utterances sometimes, sanusi, makes me question your ability to lead. Fyi your recent and previous acts are scaring customers and potential investors away from the Nigerian banking industry. Customers are transferring their monies offshore. Honestly, I do not say there are no irregularities in the system - they are. However, don't be too quick to rush to the media. You are reporting yourself this man.
It is only in Nigeria that banks post huge profits and no significant improvement in the economy. That alone is a huge indicator that something fishy is going on and that is the no 1 headache you need to cure.
Sanusi, please learn from history. "You talk too much".

true talk .. sanusi is a product of the system ..but suddenly has come in to destroy the same system that made him .. why make noise.. why cant he act quietly ... is there really any clean bank world over .. the job is to regulate not bring down the house in the name of clean up .. now we have civil servants in the name of AMCON that dnt know jack running conglomerates (imagine they couldn't even come up with suitable names.. ENTERPRISE, KEYSTONE , MAINSTREET, the names alone scare clients away and turn these banks to shanty stores that remain empty all day with grass growing on their parking lots ). He wrecked thriving banks who refused to kiss his butt, rendered many jobless, sme's are all dead cos they cant cope with high interest rates, banks have to result to cutting corners just to make profit and keep afloat.. while CBN holds grip monopoly on the foreign exchange market, micro banks cant breathe .. what has he achieved , let him talk.. inflation is still hyper .. if all bankers are now crooks as he tries to make everyone believe then what about him.. billions of naira was approved for all this cashless society hype .. wat happened to it all .. all the billions voted for printing new notes wat happened , who gets to audit the CBN ... the pot cannot accuse the kettle of being black when they both sit on the same stove.. history will judge ..
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by Boss13: 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2013
ochukoccna:
I'm sure you are one of this scamming banksters he's talking about
So that he alerted us to the rip offs in the name of banking is now a sin
Any person who banks in Nigeria knows that there are too many bogus charges and opaque transparency regarding rates,benefits,hidden charges etc

I guess you don't understand my write-up. Sanusi should be aware of the games banks are involved in. He was CEO of FirstBank. Because you are CBN governor doesn't change a thing. Chief, banks in Nigeria have erroreously made a mistake by posting unbelieveable profits. Profits I term - Blue Sky Profits- all in the name to impress shareholders and a makeshift perception of being a strong bank.
Sanusi should be correcting the errors and not singing to the media like a pop star.
We don't operate banking in Nigeria. Go and ask a real banker. Banks take money from deposits and flip it via inter-bank for margins (that's how they make most of their income). They rarely borrow nor finance projects. If they do, many are syndications. Then comes the hidden charges. Sanusi is aware of all these practices. Now ask him what sanctions are in place to curb this financial menace. That man -sanusi- has caused more harm to the economy than good.
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by Excellent7(m): 12:47pm On Apr 12, 2013
Only 6 Billion
Let them check again, I think it is much more than that.
Someone said it a long time that the banks are just into "predatory practices/banking"
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by LEvuls(m): 1:53pm On Apr 12, 2013
RoblesOg: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi

The Central Bank of Nigeria said on Thursday that over N6 billion was recovered for customers that were cheated through various transactions undertaken with Nigerian banks in 2012.

The Central Bank Governor, Lamido Sanusi, said this at the annual Isaac Moghalu Foundation, IMOF Lecture and Symposium in Abuja. He also said that the recovery was in furtherance of CBN’s policy aimed at protecting customers’ interests in the financial services sector.

http://premiumtimesng.com/business/129201-nigerian-banks-cheated-customers-by-n6bn-in-2012-sanusi.html
Before you rush to post just make sure to get the information cos in a related news at CHANELS TV..the #6billions has been deposited to the affected customers through the consumer right agency.
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by brownlord: 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2013
NO WONDER I NO GET MONEY FOR MY ACCOUNT AGAIN 2009876458 SANUSI ABEG PAY MY OWN ENTER MY ACCOUNT SHARP SHARP
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by brownlord: 3:12pm On Apr 12, 2013
LEvuls:
Before you rush to post just make sure to get the information cos in a related news at CHANELS TV..the #6billions has been deposited to the affected customers through the consumer right agency.

and i never receive alert? my friend park well, money wen dem don share, the fact that the money money was deposited on the media mean say e reach the customer?
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by ikeyman00(m): 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2013
@@@

this guy

there a similiar cases in other countries and alerting the public is part of confidence building! all this hush hush business does more harm than good, atleast I as a customer would like to know something is being done and some crooked banker is being shamed in public!

Four banks will now compensate tens of thousands of small businesses who were mis-sold complex insurance deals, says the Financial Services Authority.

yes bro cool

u are always quick to defend anything from the north but each time i read bad news from Benue? u hardly comment

anyway when will oga Sanusi tell the banks to compensate customers

abi na talking is enough?

this is uncompleted job oo
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by DisGuy: 3:43pm On Apr 12, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@

this guy

yes bro cool

u are always quick to defend anything from the north but each time i read bad news from Benue? u hardly comment

anyway when will oga Sanusi tell the banks to compensate customers

abi na talking is enough?

this is uncompleted job oo

yes brov superman

I didnt notice that, just not used to painting anything and everything with the same brush- im not too sure about benue, i rarely see topics about that

I belived Oga sanusi said theyve recovered 6billa so far, so uncompleted but a job in progress
only wish smaller customers can get the same attention as the big depositors
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by DisGuy: 3:45pm On Apr 12, 2013
timecop28:
Later, y'all will start crying that the society is corrupt and the Govt isn't fighting corruption, well except u tell me this Isn't corruption in any sense. I believe one of the ways to transform a thief is to embarrass him. u do otherwise, I bet u hez definitely going down that road again.
Sanusi should even publish the names of the banks involved sef.

Sarcasm my dear cop
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by tantita(m): 4:07pm On Apr 12, 2013
Noted!..hs anyone seen my right sucks?
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by Franky9584(m): 4:28pm On Apr 12, 2013
I dnt really undstnd d CBN GOV here. Plz z d #6b jx 4 1 bank or 4 all banks in 9ja. I dnt d amt z underestimated
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by mctemmy(f): 5:24pm On Apr 12, 2013
If your generation yet unborn can boast of 3billion after there demise,you will go gaga in your grave oshisco!
M M M: Dat true

Half of d money is mine undecided

I lost more than 3billion naira last year in d name of transaction & bank charges angry

But nothing

GOD is with me smiley
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by PGON(m): 5:42pm On Apr 12, 2013
Scammers will turn this to another thing:
e.g
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
During our investigation we discovered that your account was illegally debited with the sum of NGN100,000 (Hundred thousand Naira) through series of unnecessary bank charges.
CBN have vowed to refund all your money + little token of NGN1,000,000 (one Million Naira).
To claim your money, please fill the form below.
Name:
Account No:
ATM No:
ATM Card Pin
Mobile No:
Other Email Address

CBN Bank Fraud Refund Department will contact you.
Thanks

CBN information Dispatch Department

Read more news on this issue
http://premiumtimesng.com/business/129201-nigerian-banks-cheated-customers-by-n6bn-in-2012-sanusi.html
============================================================================================================

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by apalemighty(m): 6:03pm On Apr 12, 2013
Boss13: Sanusi, you seem to forget all too soon that you were part of the banking system and also your top priority job is to boost confidence in the banking system.
Your utterances sometimes, sanusi, makes me question your ability to lead. Fyi your recent and previous acts are scaring customers and potential investors away from the Nigerian banking industry. Customers are transferring their monies offshore. Honestly, I do not say there are no irregularities in the system - they are. However, don't be too quick to rush to the media. You are reporting yourself this man.
It is only in Nigeria that banks post huge profits and no significant improvement in the economy. That alone is a huge indicator that something fishy is going on and that is the no 1 headache you need to cure.

Mumu like u. Speakin rubbish say u dey analyse. Up senusi **F4ck U***
Sanusi, please learn from history. "You talk too much".
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by yokiti: 6:37pm On Apr 12, 2013
Only in my dear country; Nigeria will the amount of money you have in your savings account will be depreciating instead of appreciating. So, when are we getting our monies back mr CBN Governor?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by ikweremilitant: 7:52pm On Apr 12, 2013

I lost more than 3billion naira last year in d name of transaction & bank charges angry

But nothing

GOD is with me smiley
ya in your out of space account with inter galaxy bank pluto.ya pls sanusi see d owner
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by Nwogbe: 7:53pm On Apr 12, 2013

But nothing

GOD is with me smiley
Nice dreamer!!!!! I go come make u teach me hw to dream this kind dream oo.
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by smartg(m): 8:10pm On Apr 12, 2013

But nothing

GOD is with me smiley

God is with you. how much have you collected from N6b?
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by smartg(m): 8:20pm On Apr 12, 2013
yokiti: Only in my dear country; Nigeria will the amount of money you have in your savings account will be depreciating instead of appreciating. So, when are we getting our monies back mr CBN Governor?
you are right, that was the very reason i closed my account with UBA.
Re: Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi by MMM2(m): 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2013
kennyonthrone: lmao! Lyk seriously?stp dreamin dude if u ve dat amt of moni u won't ve d luxury of tym 2 spare postin dis shit

Do u know what u re jealous angry

Na GOD do am 4 me smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FCTA Announces Traffic Diversion In Abuja For Independence Day Parade Tomorrow / "2021 Budget Has 316 Duplicated Projects Worth N39.5bn" - BudgIT Nigeria / 10 North West Support Groups Dump Atiku For Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.