Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,251 members, 7,829,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

My Fresh Job - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Fresh Job (2219 Views)

MY Fresh Job Part 4 / My Fresh Job Part 3 / My Fresh Job Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 14, 2013
Judinho59: @GraphicPlus: One of your Website pls??
Re: My Fresh Job by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:23pm On Apr 14, 2013
so reviewing a website is now a crime on nl? even greenmouse said he wil not 'talk bad to me' until he sees my website. so i did a bad thing by reviewing a website he requested us to review? does he expect me to just pat him on the back? this is immaturity.

guys, just wait patiently until the day i wil ask for a website review. no amount of pressure wil make me show u any website now. i wil do that at my own time. just relax. i cant be cajoled.

1 Like

Re: My Fresh Job by greenmouse(m): 4:42pm On Apr 14, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

Well, you tried, but I know u know that the css doesn't belong to u. Adobe spry. It's ok.

The links are jerking when hovered. Unless it's part of the style. If it's not part of the style, then add a hidden border-top to the link, so that when hovered, the border-top on hover will be smooth. You may also add a css3 transition.

Again, the drop down menu of Services is delaying even when mouse is not on it. You have to make it such a way that it will wrap up immediately upon mouseout.

Again, when the Services drop down menu drops, and you hover on the first item on the list, you will still see the dark gray background color. Find a way to make it in such a way that the orange color will cover it so that it will blend with the background orange color of the nav bar.

The nav links should come down and logo and login inputs should move up.

Try to power your gallery with jquery lightbox.

Thank u.

I choose to remain quiet about all this your baseless review @graphicplus.

For your information, all this things you mentioned are styles I decided to add, if you don't know what to review kindly keep quiet and let others with good review comment.

I can see that you are simply a talkative without a portfolio, simple and shot. QED.
Re: My Fresh Job by greenmouse(m): 4:44pm On Apr 14, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

It's not a matter of more jobs coming. Who cares if u design incompetent 100 websites in one week. The issue is that 90% of webmasters in Nigeria are below the average. With what we are doing right now, we are still far from standing out in the international community. I mean I cant imagine a webmaster coding his html without h1 and p tags. It's unimaginable. Web design is more than adding text, images and colors and uploading to server using filezila. We must start thinking out of the box.

I will need to see your profeessioanl website built by you.
Re: My Fresh Job by greenmouse(m): 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2013
@graphocplus, review this websites built by me so you will know that all I need to see is your best website

http://www.genotypedatings.com/
http://toyinayindeassociates.com/
http://persecondnews.com/
http://bellazzibakery.com/
http://nappsanambra.com/
http://healthyliciousng.com/

They are all websites designed by me as well.
Re: My Fresh Job by sisqology(m): 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2013
Somethings are overlapping on this website on a 10" screen.
Re: My Fresh Job by GraphicsPlus(m): 6:33pm On Apr 14, 2013
Ok. So u deliberately chose to not to use p and h1 tags? I can see.
Re: My Fresh Job by omotodun1(m): 7:25pm On Apr 14, 2013
I do not understand why some posters are demanding that @GraphicPlus show his work. His reviews were not only extremely professional but they were also on point. I wouldn't want critics to tell me what I have done well with my site; I would want them to tell me what I have done wrong.

We need to shed this mentality that critics are haters. Also, a good critic does not necessarily make a good web designer or programmer; the converse is also true. Film critics do not have to be good actors or directors; they just have to understand what makes a good movie.

2 Likes

Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 14, 2013
@omo_to_dun its a common thing on Nairaland but greenmouse am disappointed in you guys or you, you are a company that teaches the youth on web development, obviously criticism is about taking the positive from any statement, i get lots of criticism which sounds personal but i pick only what is constructive and never reply in a manner that shows any hint of emotion. Greenmouse do me a favour sign up for DevaintArt and submit your work, let's see how many comments you want to take personal. take what you can and ignore the rest. Nigerian Web Designers hate criticism. and yes my personal website wasn't built by me, its a template but i do build websites just incase the arguments needs to go to that area. still like your work (teaching web development to youth) take care

1 Like

Re: My Fresh Job by omotodun1(m): 7:59pm On Apr 14, 2013
@pc_guru

I wholeheartedly agree. One of the primary reasons the West leads the world is because of the manner in which they criticize every aspect of their lives and society. Go to DevianArt and Reddit to read reviews. You will want to hang yourself. Those folks do not hold back.

1 Like

Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 14, 2013
ọmọ_τó_dùn: @pc_guru

I wholeheartedly agree. One of the primary reasons the West leads the world is because of the manner in which they criticize every aspect of their lives and society. Go to DevianArt and Reddit to read reviews. You will want to hang yourself. Those folks do not hold back.
pc guru: @omo_to_dun its a common thing on Nairaland but greenmouse am disappointed in you guys or you, you are a company that teaches the youth on web development, obviously criticism is about taking the positive from any statement, i get lots of criticism which sounds personal but i pick only what is constructive and never reply in a manner that shows any hint of emotion. Greenmouse do me a favour sign up for DevaintArt and submit your work, let's see how many comments you want to take personal. take what you can and ignore the rest. Nigerian Web Designers hate criticism. and yes my personal website wasn't built by me, its a template but i do build websites just incase the arguments needs to go to that area. still like your work (teaching web development to youth) take care

have you ever validate facebook on The W3C CSS Validation Service and Markup Validation Service, please do and comeback to comment

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=facebook.com&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=facebook.com&profile=css3&usermedium=all&warning=1&vextwarning=&lang=en
Re: My Fresh Job by omotodun1(m): 8:17pm On Apr 14, 2013
^
Yes I have validated Facebook, eBay, Google, and so many top websites. It is not a secret that these sites--and many of the top websites--do not validate, so what's your point?
Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 14, 2013
ọmọ_τó_dùn: ^
Yes I have validated Facebook, eBay, Google, and so many top websites. It is not a secret that these sites--and many of the top websites--do not validate, so what's your point?
Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 14, 2013
you don't necessary have to adhere to standards even Microsoft,Apple,Mozilla don't from time to time hence which is why HTML5 was to force certain standards. besides we are talking about Visual Design not W3C, those are easily fixed anyway.
Re: My Fresh Job by omni1: 8:40pm On Apr 14, 2013
Mehnnnnnnnnnn............... I'm tired of seeing all these talks. Let's get this once and for all.
Some people here think they are the best so if you see them say website review, don't respond. Just pass by. If you say an 'A', they'll start attacking you like 'mad dogs'. So avert all these kinda talks, just see their reviews and get blind once you scroll through the thread. You don't learn anything from them rather you only have to make enemies.

Don't bore your Sunday night with fights here. If you feel you are the best, carry on but I remember once someone put his portfolio and the Oga feeling 'Mr. Ultimate Warrior' simple went into thin air. Let's spare ourselves of these many arguments. Get busying learning one thing or the other. We are yet to where we dream to be so let's keep on working until we are where we dream to be and even beyond.

Cheers!

NB: You can attack me o. From day 1, those that know me will tell you that IDC!
Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2013
pc guru: you don't necessary have to adhere to standards even Microsoft,Apple,Mozilla don't from time to time hence which is why HTML5 was to force certain standards. besides we are talking about Visual Design not W3C, those are easily fixed anyway.

p tags
h tags
e.t.c contribute to what W3C uses

so they are the same
Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 14, 2013
am talking about aesthetics and not markups, layout ,colors, positioning, those are minor things that can be fixed anyway
Re: My Fresh Job by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 10:41pm On Apr 14, 2013
Why all this fight? Greenmouse has only asked g a review and rantting began.

Me I no dey.

Criticize my work, that is what I want from NL webmaster, little or non from my client.
Re: My Fresh Job by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 10:42pm On Apr 14, 2013
Why all this fight? Greenmouse has only asked g a review and rantting began.

Me I no dey.

Criticize my work, that is what I want from NL webmaster, little or non from my client.

By the way, I have requested for ur review on my latest job. I need ur criticism.
Re: My Fresh Job by GraphicsPlus(m): 5:40am On Apr 15, 2013
Talking about w3c validation, we must know that the validator is just a web application, which is not even up to date with modern web codes. For instance, facebook use such code as Open Graph Meta, and OAuth, which w3c validator doesn't validate at the moment. They are currently working on improving the validator to accommodate some modern code. Again w3c doesn't understand facebook sharing title: <meta property="og:title" content="Recording Service/>".

Guys, it is web development sin to just put a bunch of texts inside your html document without enclosing them in a <p> tag. That's still dwelling on the elementary part of web development. Every web page must have one <h1> tag for SEO purposes, then other headings can have multiple <h2> tag. For instance, if you have three headings that you want to give the same size of font, just give one a <h1> tag and put the other two inside <h2> tag, then use css to make their font-size to be same.

I know GreenMouse is trying, but he needs to try more. All of us are learning every day. Do you know that sometimes, I will just go to SitePoint and StackOveflow forums and just be reading comments on website reviews? I have learned a lot from those comments both mild and harsh ones.

To even design a website without declaring a document type, modern browsers will not have problem with that. As in just starting your html document like this:
<html>
<head>
<title></title>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>
The website will still run and will still be beautiful as you designed it, but it's a bad practice.

Let's get this, every paragraph MUST be between <p> tag. Every heading MUST be between <h1> to <h6> tag. Do u know u can achieve a list in html by doing this:?
First List<br/>
Second List<br/>
Third List<br/>
Fourth List<br/>
Fifth List<br/>

OR

1. &nbsp;&nbsp;First List<br/>
2. &nbsp;&nbsp;Second List<br/>
3. &nbsp;&nbsp;Third List<br/>
4. &nbsp;&nbsp;Fourth List<br/>
5. &nbsp;&nbsp;Fifth List<br/>

You can, but it's wrong. You MUST use <ul><ol><li> tag. These are stages I believe we should have passed. We should be taking about designing beautiful and RESPONSIVE websites right now. Most of our websites are not even responsive.

2 Likes

Re: My Fresh Job by DualCore1: 8:26am On Apr 15, 2013
People in an endless loop of mediocrity. Break away from the small waters and free yourselves from the same sh1t different URL.
Re: My Fresh Job by omotodun1(m): 8:37am On Apr 15, 2013
^
I doubt that will ever happen. The chief reason for a mediocre website is the customer who is willing to pay for it.
Re: My Fresh Job by Allenbaba(m): 9:12am On Apr 15, 2013
"To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.” ― Aristotle
Webmasters, please view this website I designed and hosted on a free host, mealsonwheels.eu5.org and tell me how I can improve it. I am open to constructive criticisms. Thanks!
Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 15, 2013
Allenbaba: "To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.” ― Aristotle
Webmasters, please view this website I designed and hosted on a free host, mealsonwheels.eu5.org and tell me how I can improve it. I am open to constructive criticisms. Thanks!
Damn Hommie, this is nice, seriously nice, all the images and icon are neatly cut, the issue for me though is the background it makes it hard for me to focus on the content, i would a subtle background or the image shoud have some kinda transparency, you get. to be frank the way the page loads without the background image even seems better. the contact form are not aligned, try using bootstrap, there is an example there or if not, you can use the <p> tag. the submit order button has some white element in it, you can use some css3 button or some buttons at dribble.com or deviartart or specky boy there are all free grin. gallery doesn't exist but am sure its something you are still working on so i will leave that. apart from all that your site is really nice and clean, now that i have reviewed it, oya send boys free plate of everything. wink

1 Like

Re: My Fresh Job by Allenbaba(m): 10:54am On Apr 15, 2013
pc guru:
Damn Hommie, this is nice, seriously nice, all the images and icon are neatly cut, the issue for me though is the background it makes it hard for me to focus on the content, i would a subtle background or the image shoud have some kinda transparency, you get. to be frank the way the page loads without the background image even seems better. the contact form are not aligned, try using bootstrap, there is an example there or if not, you can use the <p> tag. the submit order button has some white element in it, you can use some css3 button or some buttons at dribble.com or deviartart or specky boy there are all free grin. gallery doesn't exist but am sure its something you are still working on so i will leave that. apart from all that your site is really nice and clean, now that i have reviewed it, oya send boys free plate of everything. wink

Thanks pcguru. I am thinking of blurring the background a little bit more to allow visitors to focus more on the contents. I'm working on the gallery page. I will host the website soon. Thanks for the review!
Re: My Fresh Job by greenmouse(m): 12:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
very busy, will return when am less busy.

Can't waste my time here for now.

@Pc_Guru, when you learnt from me last year, didn't I teach you well ?.

Let review be separated from simple bad belle, thats al;l am saying.....

You know your talk, you are only promoting me here sincerely speaking @graphicplus, u can't run me down....
Re: My Fresh Job by greenmouse(m): 12:15pm On Apr 15, 2013
pc guru: @omo_to_dun its a common thing on Nairaland but greenmouse am disappointed in you guys or you, you are a company that teaches the youth on web development, obviously criticism is about taking the positive from any statement, i get lots of criticism which sounds personal but i pick only what is constructive and never reply in a manner that shows any hint of emotion. Greenmouse do me a favour sign up for DevaintArt and submit your work, let's see how many comments you want to take personal. take what you can and ignore the rest. Nigerian Web Designers hate criticism. and yes my personal website wasn't built by me, its a template but i do build websites just incase the arguments needs to go to that area. still like your work (teaching web development to youth) take care

Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 15, 2013
greenmouse:

lol i can't remember but if i did, i know i learnt well, because i know about your school and i really respect it,but am just saying regardless of the tone people use, just ignore it and pick what you can. because i came from Aptech and i know they teach deprecated stuff on web development and i have seen yours and its quite good. take care greenmouse
Re: My Fresh Job by GraphicsPlus(m): 1:08pm On Apr 15, 2013
greenmouse: very busy, will return when am less busy.

You know your talk, you are only promoting me here sincerely speaking @graphicplus, u can't run me down....

I am not running you down. I don't even know you and we are not competitors. I am not even in Lagos. I have never bid any job with you. I just gave you a simple criticism. Sorry if my review sounded as if i was out to run you down. Run you down for what? Are we struggling over anything?
Re: My Fresh Job by greenmouse(m): 11:44pm On Apr 16, 2013
@graphicplus, if you see my review request just know is not for you

You must not review my website job, since you have no sample website to show.

Good day.
Re: My Fresh Job by omotodun1(m): 12:32am On Apr 17, 2013
@greenmouse

Haba. So that means only those who have websites can review your websites?
Re: My Fresh Job by miracle4(m): 1:46am On Apr 17, 2013
ọmọ_τó_dùn: @greenmouse

Haba. So that means only those who have websites can review your websites?
such myopic reasoning

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Surest Way To Get 50+ Facebook Page Likes Everyday (admin/invite) Method / Newly Approved Nigeria, U.s.a And U.k Adsense For Sale @cheap Price / I will crack any computer trial version for you

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.