Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,529 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

My Fresh Job - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Fresh Job (2213 Views)

MY Fresh Job Part 4 / My Fresh Job Part 3 / My Fresh Job Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fresh Job by greenmouse(m): 10:06am On Apr 12, 2013
its freshly launched.

http://www.vogueasooke.com/

Tried to make it different...

Whats your review comments....

Re: My Fresh Job by GraphicsPlus(m): 2:45pm On Apr 12, 2013
All ur images didnt have alt description. Instead of wasting time writing keywords in the head section, which search engines dont recognize again for ranking, u should spend the time and describe ur images in alt. Again, ur meta name="keywords" content="..." is double.

It's more professional to reference ur css, images and links like this: http://www.vogueasooke.com/product.html,
http://www.vogueasooke.com/images/slider-one-six.jpg, http://www.vogueasooke.com/css/style.css

The color sense is kind of poor.

<div class="heading">BEADS</div>, this doesnt make sense. You should have used h1 for semantic and styling purposes and more importantly for seo.

BEADS, ASO OKE and HANDFAN writeups should align left with those thumbnail images.

'Read More' link should hav some breathing space from the white container.

Your company name and admin mail written in green doesnt fit in at all. I know u want to proof that green is your company color, but u cant use it to spoil another's company color. Just put ur name in the dorminant color of the website, when one visits urs, he can then see ur own company color.

'Powered by:' doesnt sound good to me. Why not simply, 'Developed by:'

You used too many inline style. It's not professional.

The logo should be a link back to the home page. It's good for seo.

Your markups are not profesional at all. You were just adding text anyhow and using <br> to break them. No <h1 - h6> or <p> tags are found. This is unacceptable.

In the product page, u should use paragraph tag to write those texts for proper paragraphing.

Your gallery link name doesn't make sense. Imagine: prodgal.html. Why not, product-gallery.html. Descriptive urls help in seo.

There is no point having 'Home' and 'Back' buttons in the feedback.html since there are navigation links at the left.

Finally, a simple website as that is not even responsive. You can use css3 @media query to quickly achieve this.

Thank u.
Re: My Fresh Job by cmespeak: 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2013
greenmouse fall my hand
Re: My Fresh Job by sisqology(m): 6:56pm On Apr 12, 2013
The website is poor
Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 12, 2013
Why are you guys criticizing this site, this is what it currently looks like and I think its great

Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 12, 2013
GraphicsPlus: All ur images didnt have alt description. Instead of wasting time writing keywords in the head section, which search engines dont recognize again for ranking, u should spend the time and describe ur images in alt. Again, ur meta name="keywords" content="..." is double.

It's more professional to reference ur css, images and links like this: http://www.vogueasooke.com/product.html,
http://www.vogueasooke.com/images/slider-one-six.jpg, http://www.vogueasooke.com/css/style.css

The color sense is kind of poor.

<div class="heading">BEADS</div>, this doesnt make sense. You should have used h1 for semantic and styling purposes and more importantly for seo.

BEADS, ASO OKE and HANDFAN writeups should align left with those thumbnail images.

'Read More' link should hav some breathing space from the white container.

Your company name and admin mail written in green doesnt fit in at all. I know u want to proof that green is your company color, but u cant use it to spoil another's company color. Just put ur name in the dorminant color of the website, when one visits urs, he can then see ur own company color.

'Powered by:' doesnt sound good to me. Why not simply, 'Developed by:'

You used too many inline style. It's not professional.

The logo should be a link back to the home page. It's good for seo.

Your markups are not profesional at all. You were just adding text anyhow and using <br> to break them. No <h1 - h6> or <p> tags are found. This is unacceptable.

In the product page, u should use paragraph tag to write those texts for proper paragraphing.

Your gallery link name doesn't make sense. Imagine: prodgal.html. Why not, product-gallery.html. Descriptive urls help in seo.

There is no point having 'Home' and 'Back' buttons in the feedback.html since there are navigation links at the left.

Finally, a simple website as that is not even responsive. You can use css3 @media query to quickly achieve this.

Thank u.
Great!!!

you sound like a pro
can i see some of your website you have develop... smiley
Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 12, 2013
I wAnt to believe Nairaland Webmasters have a high taste when it comes to design. Average just wouldn't do. Let's keep learning because you may never or will hardly get praised in any review here.
I learnt that the hard way. angry
Re: My Fresh Job by sisqology(m): 10:05pm On Apr 12, 2013
fewj: Why are you guys criticizing this site, this is what it currently looks like and I think its great

I saw somethng else! Don't let me post screenshot :-P
Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 12, 2013
sisqology:

I saw somethng else! Don't let me post screenshot :-P
I just posted what i saw with a screenshot, are you saying between when you saw it and when i did, greenmouse may have done some modification?
Re: My Fresh Job by greenmouse(m): 11:14pm On Apr 12, 2013
@graphocplus, review this websites built by me so you will know that all I need to see is your best website

http://www.genotypedatings.com/
http://toyinayindeassociates.com/
http://persecondnews.com/
http://bellazzibakery.com/
http://nappsanambra.com/
http://healthyliciousng.com/

They are all websites designed by me as well.
Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 4:22am On Apr 13, 2013
greenmouse: Hmmh, welcome guys... i know a true critics when I see one.

Will be posting about five more new jobs.

So I will await more critics.

Another sample ongoing ....coming soon.
Please request for reviews with screen shots so it would be easier for members to judge without bias.

Thanks.
Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 5:45am On Apr 13, 2013
fewj: Why are you guys criticizing this site, this is what it currently looks like and I think its great
Only Nigerian web Developers hate criticism, he's asking for feedback so do we lie to him, with the suggestion from the previous person, changes can be made to make it finer,also in some places Criticism of website is a paid job.
Re: My Fresh Job by sisqology(m): 6:39am On Apr 13, 2013
Okay, on opera mobile.... Check the upper and lower part

Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 6:41am On Apr 13, 2013
pc guru:
Only Nigerian web Developers hate criticism, he's asking for feedback so do we lie to him, with the suggestion from the previous person, changes can be made to make it finer,also in some places Criticism of website is a paid job.

Critiquing is not just about saying all the negative things about a thing, it also involves saying some of the good, identifying quaility parts, mediocre parts and poor parts, if you're critiquing a site and all you see is the wrongs and misappropriations, you're a bad critique, your criticism is incomplete.
Re: My Fresh Job by sisqology(m): 6:46am On Apr 13, 2013
And on a normal browser on blackberry.

The shot on a 10" screen is coming soon.

And as graphicplus has pointed out, no "alt" tags, inline CSS used in a wrong way and many others.

Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 13, 2013
sisqology: Okay, on opera mobile.... Check the upper and lower part

From your screenshot, its obvious the site didn't completely load and this is majorly caused by slow internet speed or lost connection, please refresh and view again. I've view it with the latest opera mini on my phone and it looks quite thesame.
Re: My Fresh Job by sisqology(m): 7:04am On Apr 13, 2013
fewj:

From your screenshot, its obvious the site didn't completely load and this is majorly caused by slow internet speed or lost connection, please refresh and view again. I've view it with the latest opera mini on my phone and it looks quite thesame.

Lol, are you a learner? So, I won't know if my page didn't finish loading? I've visited the site like 5times. 9700/6.0.0.600
Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 13, 2013
sisqology:

Lol, are you a learner? So, I won't know if my page didn't finish loading? I've visited the site like 5times. 9700/6.0.0.600

I apologize, am not a learner, you are 100% correct.
Re: My Fresh Job by greenmouse(m): 9:25am On Apr 13, 2013
Relax guys I will showcase more jobs soon for ur critics @few, just relax more jobs are coming.
Re: My Fresh Job by GraphicsPlus(m): 9:58am On Apr 13, 2013
greenmouse: Relax guys I will showcase more jobs soon for ur critics @few, just relax more jobs are coming.

It's not a matter of more jobs coming. Who cares if u design incompetent 100 websites in one week. The issue is that 90% of webmasters in Nigeria are below the average. With what we are doing right now, we are still far from standing out in the international community. I mean I cant imagine a webmaster coding his html without h1 and p tags. It's unimaginable. Web design is more than adding text, images and colors and uploading to server using filezila. We must start thinking out of the box.
Re: My Fresh Job by sisqology(m): 10:29am On Apr 13, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

It's not a matter of more jobs coming. Who cares if u design incompetent 100 websites in one week. The issue is that 90% of webmasters in Nigeria are below the average. With what we are doing right now, we are still far from standing out in the international community. I mean I cant imagine a webmaster coding his html without h1 and p tags. It's unimaginable. Web design is more than adding text, images and colors and uploading to server using filezila. We must start thinking out of the box.

I don't know o, tell them.
Re: My Fresh Job by sisqology(m): 10:30am On Apr 13, 2013
fewj:

I apologize, am not a learner, you are 100% correct.

Oh, have u seen the errors too
Re: My Fresh Job by miracle4(m): 11:02am On Apr 13, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

you didn't reply to my mail grappicsplus
Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

BROS SHOW US SOME OF THE WEBSITE YOU HAVE DONE
PLEASE WE ARE WAITING.
Re: My Fresh Job by greenmouse(m): 2:13pm On Apr 13, 2013
Check out for another thread on my new job.

@graphicsplus show me ur job.

Am waiting for your professional website.

I won't talk bad at you for now until I see ur sample job.

Don't decieve your self.
Re: My Fresh Job by Allenbaba(m): 2:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
I think webmasters in Nigeria need to invest more time into reading more books. There are loads on books that will help us improve on developing with web standards. An example is 'Designing with web standards' by Jeffrey Zeldman
Re: My Fresh Job by Snippets(m): 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2013
@GraphicsPlus : Yo assessment of the site shows clear professionalism buh u should know that this is a forum.

The way u address issues or stress Yo Points are a Bit too Harsh. We know u are a Pro in designing department buh u should learn how to interact with people in a public forum.

"Please kindly check yo Inline tags and Header stuffs" is a more professional way of responding instead of saying "Yo outline looks so poor, what were u thinking".

Am still to see the websites u've worked on Brov

2 Likes

Re: My Fresh Job by tabontabon: 6:45pm On Apr 13, 2013
What goes around comes around.i remembered greenmouse joining in running down a complete newbie that sought for encouraging review on a thread.
Re: My Fresh Job by greenmouse(m): 8:18am On Apr 14, 2013
my fresh Job Part 2

www.hybrid-hse.com

Re: My Fresh Job by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:47am On Apr 14, 2013
greenmouse: my fresh Job Part 2

www.hybrid-hse.com

Well, you tried, but I know u know that the css doesn't belong to u. Adobe spry. It's ok.

The links are jerking when hovered. Unless it's part of the style. If it's not part of the style, then add a hidden border-top to the link, so that when hovered, the border-top on hover will be smooth. You may also add a css3 transition.

Again, the drop down menu of Services is delaying even when mouse is not on it. You have to make it such a way that it will wrap up immediately upon mouseout.

Again, when the Services drop down menu drops, and you hover on the first item on the list, you will still see the dark gray background color. Find a way to make it in such a way that the orange color will cover it so that it will blend with the background orange color of the nav bar.

The nav links should come down and logo and login inputs should move up.

Try to power your gallery with jquery lightbox.

Thank u.
Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 14, 2013
greenmouse: my fresh Job Part 2

www.hybrid-hse.com

You have nothing to prove, you are doing great bro, just keep improving.

@ GraphicsPlus
i am seriously waiting to see some of your website oh
Re: My Fresh Job by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 14, 2013
@GraphicPlus: One of your Website pls??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Surest Way To Get 50+ Facebook Page Likes Everyday (admin/invite) Method / 's New Upcoming Brand / Get Ogbongeblog Responsive Template FREE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.