Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

An Embarrasing Moment That Almost Got Me Killed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Embarrasing Moment That Almost Got Me Killed (833 Views)

Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Embarrasing Moment That Almost Got Me Killed by ibiso1986: 3:00pm On Apr 12, 2013
This happened at Garison in Port harcourt. An elderly man(in his 50's) accused me of being a pickpocket in front of a massive crowd
Re: An Embarrasing Moment That Almost Got Me Killed by ibiso1986: 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2013
It happened around 6pm at Garison busstop.. They were so many people waiting to board either a taxi or a bus heading towards rumola.. So once a car stops, people tend to drag or push each other just to enter any commercial vehicle.. I waited for a car close to 30 minutes and decided to do the dragging game. A car came and I was trying to struggle close to d back door, then I mistakenly touched one elderly man(who was also struggling to enter) by his back(close to his pocket area and not inside his pocket).. It was a mistake cos we were all pushing and dragging with our hands.. The guy shouted that I was a theif.. That he will slap me(see me, see wahala).. Everybody(close to a 100) focused on the scene.. I shouted back and explained to him.. The guy told me to shut up.. I dragged and explained even to others.. But the crowd seemed to believe the man(I even heard a lady saying na so dem go dey dress well dey thief). Can u imagine the embarrassment.. One of the agberos wanted to bring out tyre.. But another agbero stopped him and told me to leave the man.. He probably saved me. Cos I think I would have been brutally injured or killed if it were to be some other places in nigeria(don't want to mention names).. The man was still shouting and I shouted back while explaining.. He later boarded a vehicle and I left the scene. Majority of d crowd started avoiding me after my explanation.. How can I be a pickpocket when I'm a graduate. Its so sad.. I JUST DONT KNOW WHY MOST NIGERIANS ARE NAÏVE AND SO QUICK TO BELIEVE. So please, if u are stocked in a bus stop
, be careful how u place ur hand when dragging with people just to enter a bus or taxi cos someone might wrongly accuse you.. THAT'S THE MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT IN MY LIFE. Feel free to share ur most embarrassing moment..
Re: An Embarrasing Moment That Almost Got Me Killed by babanne(m): 3:56pm On Apr 12, 2013
double post. see it below.
Re: An Embarrasing Moment That Almost Got Me Killed by babanne(m): 3:56pm On Apr 12, 2013
ibiso1986: It happened around 6pm at Garison busstop.. They were so many people waiting to board either a taxi or a bus heading towards rumola.. So once a car stops, people tend to drag or push each other just to enter any commercial vehicle.. I waited for a car close to 30 minutes and decided to do the dragging game. A car came and I was trying to struggle close to d back door, then I mistakenly touched one elderly man(who was also struggling to enter) by his back(close to his pocket area and not inside his pocket).. It was a mistake cos we were all pushing and dragging with our hands.. The guy shouted that I was a theif.. That he will slap me(see me, see wahala).. Everybody(close to a 100) focused on the scene.. I shouted back and explained to him.. The guy told me to shut up.. I dragged and explained even to others.. But the crowd seemed to believe the man(I even heard a lady saying na so dem go dey dress well dey thief). Can u imagine the embarrassment.. One of the agberos wanted to bring out tyre.. But another agbero stopped him and told me to leave the man.. He probably saved me. Cos I think I would have been brutally injured or killed if it were to be some other places in nigeria(don't want to mention names).. The man was still shouting and I shouted back while explaining.. He later boarded a vehicle and I left the scene. Majority of d crowd started avoiding me after my explanation.. How can I be a pickpocket when I'm a graduate. Its so sad.. I JUST DONT KNOW WHY MOST NIGERIANS ARE NAÏVE AND SO QUICK TO BELIEVE. So please, if u are stocked in a bus stop
, be careful how u place ur hand when dragging with people just to enter a bus or taxi cos someone might wrongly accuse you.. THAT'S THE MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT IN MY LIFE. Feel free to share ur most embarrassing moment..

Sorry for your ordeal. But people have suffered a lot from those pick pockets. i have personally lost two gsm phones to them while struggling to enter buses at Ikeja along bus stop and at iyana Ipaja under bridge respectively.
Re: An Embarrasing Moment That Almost Got Me Killed by Mobsync(m): 4:38pm On Apr 12, 2013
Some people are slowpokes. U're a lucky fellow man, some others weren't that lucky sad (I also won't mention names). It just baffled me how a human being 'll bring out a tyre and want to burn another fellow man 2 death, it's bad, very bad.
Re: An Embarrasing Moment That Almost Got Me Killed by ninja4life(m): 5:42pm On Apr 12, 2013
Haa eyah sorry well na taxi i dey usually board nothing concern me with those bad damaged buses dat we hav on our roads
Re: An Embarrasing Moment That Almost Got Me Killed by ibiso1986: 6:52pm On Apr 12, 2013
babanne:

Sorry for your ordeal. But people have suffered a lot from those pick pockets. i have personally lost two gsm phones to them while struggling to enter buses at Ikeja along bus stop and at iyana Ipaja under bridge respectively.
that's true but they shouldn't assume everybody are pickpockets
Re: An Embarrasing Moment That Almost Got Me Killed by Super1759: 11:35pm On Apr 12, 2013
Thank you stars,if it were to be in ABA, your story would been a headline news for daily sun.

1 Like

Re: An Embarrasing Moment That Almost Got Me Killed by ibiso1986: 8:42am On Apr 13, 2013
Super1759: Thank you stars,if it were to be in ABA, your story would been a headline news for daily sun.
that's true man.. Seriously, na aluu treatment that one go be..
Re: An Embarrasing Moment That Almost Got Me Killed by ibiso1986: 11:16am On Apr 13, 2013
Seun, this should go to the front page so that people will heed to my advise and be very careful at busstops
Re: An Embarrasing Moment That Almost Got Me Killed by slimming: 11:32am On Apr 13, 2013
thank god for you o

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Do No Wrong But Igbo , Hausa-fulani, Ijaw And Other Do Wrongs Ayo Akinfe / Dpos’ Confessions: We Run Police Stations On Bribes And Charity / House Of Reps Report Indicts Adoke, Shell And Agip In Malabu Oil Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.