Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,727 members, 7,955,764 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:32 PM

Court Rejects Man's Plea For Dissolution Of Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Rejects Man's Plea For Dissolution Of Marriage (787 Views)

Pastor, 70, Seeks Dissolution Of 41-year-old Marriage Over Sex Starvation / Husband Seeks Dissolution Of 10 Years Marriage Over Alleged DNA Result / Pastor Seeks Dissolution Of 15 Years Marriage Over Nagging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Rejects Man's Plea For Dissolution Of Marriage by maclatunji: 3:50pm On Apr 12, 2013
Couple disagrees over paternity of children

Umuahia – An Abia High Court in Uzuakoli on Tuesday rejected the plea of a man, Mr Richard Harrison, for the dissolution of his marriage over the paternity of two sets of twins in his home.

The presiding Judge, Justice Joyce Adiele, rejected the application on the ground that the petitioner had no basis to deny the paternity of the children since they had been part of his household.

She said that the petitioner had earlier told the court that the two sets of twins were his children and that he had great plans for them.

Adiele said that Section 69(c) of the Matrimonial Causes Act provides hat children in a marriage whether by birth or adoption are part of the marriage.

Harrison had pleaded with the court to dissolve his marriage to Mrs Julia Harrison over a disagreement on the paternity of the children.

In the suit number HUZ/2D/2011 brought through his counsel, Mr Stanley Amakwe, Harrison sought the leave of the court to dissolve the marriage on the ground that the marriage contract had broken down.

He said that the two sets of twins were adopted by his wife without his consent and that he would have nothing to do with them.

Harrison told the court that he initially accepted the children in his home out of sympathy, noting that it was time for them to leave with his wife.

Amakwe opposed a motion brought by counsel to the respondent for a paternity test on the grounds that the children were adopted and the adoption was done without the consent of the petitioner.

Counsel to Julia, Mr Nelson Emeruo told the court that the husband was the biological father of the children and stressed that the children were not adopted.

Emeruo applied for an order of the court for a DNA test between Harrison and the children to authenticate the claims of his client.

(NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/couple-disagrees-over-paternity-of-children/
Re: Court Rejects Man's Plea For Dissolution Of Marriage by thorpido(m): 4:48pm On Apr 12, 2013
A DNA test should settle the issue of paternity.
If the man did not think the children were adopted initially,why is he now raising eyebrows?I think the man might be financially challenged and is running away from responsibility.
Re: Court Rejects Man's Plea For Dissolution Of Marriage by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 12, 2013
The man must be a clown. Whether they were adopted o, whether they were biological, it doesn't matter. They are still his kids. To me a DNA test showing he is not the biological father shouldn't even make a big difference in this case. His excuse is that they were adopted! shocked does he think you can adopt a child and just return them when you're tired of them?
Re: Court Rejects Man's Plea For Dissolution Of Marriage by maclatunji: 4:03pm On Apr 16, 2013
ileobatojo: The man must be a clown. Whether they were adopted o, whether they were biological, it doesn't matter. They are still his kids. To me a DNA test showing he is not the biological father shouldn't even make a big difference in this case. His excuse is that they were adopted! shocked does he think you can adopt a child and just return them when you're tired of them?

Why not?

(1) (Reply)

Now My Rent Is Due And Am Yet To Find A Decent House Having Told Of My Living / Not Between My Legs / What Posts Or Trends Did You Miss When Nairaland Was Off.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.