Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Web Developers, Why Aren't We Using Titles? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Developers, Why Aren't We Using Titles? (797 Views)

7 Reasons Why You Aren't Getting Enough Clicks On Your Adsense Ads - Mediapace / Web Developers Needed / For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Developers, Why Aren't We Using Titles? by my2cents(m): 4:50pm On Apr 07, 2008
Given the average Nigerian's love for titles in his name (both prefix and suffix - Pastor, Chief, Dr, Okon Lateef Lukman PSC, MON, SAN), it just hit me that I haven't noticed any developer here using any titles.

For example, why am I not seeing something like:
webemarald MCSE, MCDBA, DWA (sorry to pick on you webemarald. Your username was the first to come to mind grin)

Just wondering. Any thoughts? wink
Re: Web Developers, Why Aren't We Using Titles? by tundewoods(m): 5:18pm On Apr 07, 2008
Well to start with the basic recognized web developer certification which is CIW is quite not basically a prequisite to developing web applications or designing very well.

By the way i believe real web developers are far busy handlng web projects that fluanting ancronyms of certifications just to show off.

Reminds me of medical doctors in Nigeria,once you are a doctor here you will certainly see a stesthoscope hung on the front mirror on top of the dash board.

typical of all doctors.

So back to the issue of web developers,who the heck needs a title to massage his ego when we aint medical doctors or typical nigerian politicians that would die for just an ordinary traditional title.
Re: Web Developers, Why Aren't We Using Titles? by webemerald(m): 5:45pm On Apr 07, 2008
my2cents:

webemarald MCSE, MCDBA, DWA (sorry to pick on you webemarald. Your username was the first to come to mind grin)

MCSE,MCBDA,DWA haba all for me, NOT IN THIS LIFETIME.

By the way if u need book on the above visit:
www.getfreeitbooks.com
cheesy
Re: Web Developers, Why Aren't We Using Titles? by webemerald(m): 5:49pm On Apr 07, 2008
oops sorry, the correct link is

www.myfreeitbooks.com
grin
Re: Web Developers, Why Aren't We Using Titles? by aphoe(m): 12:55pm On Apr 09, 2008
why are we so much interested in titles. a friend once told me that the poorer the more title a man has. big men don't have titles e.g. when you want to refer to a local champ, you say Chief, Dr. Adekunle Joseph Nnamdi, CON OON, Aladiye of Ijora II

but when you are referring to a great man you just call his one or two names only ie Bill Gates, Atiku, George Bush etc

and i think he's right

i will prefer "Aphoe" rather than some crazy titles
Re: Web Developers, Why Aren't We Using Titles? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2008
aphoe:

Chief, Dr. Adekunle Joseph Nnamdi, CON OON, Aladiye of Ijora II

grin grin I cant fit laugh o

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Industry Price(charge) For A Php Site Running On Mysql? / Rate My Dating Site / Views On Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.