Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,397 members, 7,830,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Those Were The Good Old Days - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Those Were The Good Old Days (908 Views)

Photos: Good old memories! / Meet My Daughter! (pic) - Dickdastardly As The "GOOD DAD"! / The Good Old Days. Drop Your Favourite Users, Topics And Comments That Was Lost. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Were The Good Old Days by SeanT21(f): 5:08pm On Apr 07, 2008
since i move to the U.S i love it here but Liberia is still my home. There are things i miss about Liberia so much.

I remember me and my brothers and our neighborhood friends use to go to the well or the creek in our neighborhood and fill our playtoy guns with water and have a waterwar. I remember us running all over the neighborhood and screaming. Mostly the guys will beat the girls because they could run just a little bit faster.

I also miss swimming in the river. When it rains the river at the well gets full and we will all just swim in it. It was so fun and relaxing.

I also miss waking up early in the morning to get the mango from under the tree before my family wake up. Alphonso always woke up just a little bit early before me and i use to be piss because he took the good ones and went and sold it at school or the town nearby. He use to give me only a few.

I mostly miss hangin with my grandmother and brading her hair(eventhough i use to suck at brading). I remember when she use to cook pepper soup her favorite. she use to have all kinds on meat in it. I remmember her telling me stories of the old. Damn i miss my grandma SO much. R.I.P ELIZABETH COX- see u in the beautiful heaven. make sure you meat me at heavens gate when its my time.

WHAT DO YOU MISS ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY? WHAT DO YOU MISS WHEN GROWING UP?
Re: Those Were The Good Old Days by iice(f): 7:19pm On Apr 07, 2008
Hehehehe grin grin

First of all i miss food grin
I miss trekking shocked grin grin - cutting across land to reach your destination.
I miss trying to cross the overflowing river near my old home grin grin
I miss climbing trees cheesy
I miss just calling someone to braid ma hair pronto tongue
I miss those crazy skeletal cars grin grin The wonders of man is ever fascinating grin

Yup the good ol' days. . .
Re: Those Were The Good Old Days by SeanT21(f): 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2008
I will make sure i go back to LIBERIA before i die.
Re: Those Were The Good Old Days by fayahsoul: 1:43am On Jan 07, 2009
I miss the food, the sky, the weather, the culture, fresh water, black love, my home boyz and the sense of belonging.

Alkebulan, the land of the Gods.
Re: Those Were The Good Old Days by JJYOU: 1:47am On Jan 07, 2009
oga seun pls move this to front page pls
Re: Those Were The Good Old Days by osisi3(f): 1:51am On Jan 07, 2009
fayahsoul:

I miss the food, the sky, the weather, the culture, fresh water, black love, my home boyz and the sense of belonging.

Alkebulan, the land of the Gods.

no, you miss the girls plaiting their hair
bathing with black soap
and using elo aki for lotion
andĀ also using akanwu to brush your teeth
mr au naturel grin
Re: Those Were The Good Old Days by Hauwa1: 3:43am On Jan 07, 2009
i miss the sound of rainfall on the roof
the scent when it rains or the early morning after rainfall
i miss the good scent of earth/soil

i miss the whitish sand of the village river. . .

those were the good ol' days.

africa my africa by David Diop
Re: Those Were The Good Old Days by fayahsoul: 5:27am On Jan 07, 2009
*osisi*:

no, you miss the girls plaiting their hair
bathing with black soap
and using elo aki for lotion
and also using akanwu to brush your teeth
mr au naturel grin

See this weave wearing perm loving self-hating chicken head.

Erm, sorry I don't speak chickenese. tongue
Re: Those Were The Good Old Days by SeanT21(f): 7:15am On Jan 07, 2009
LOL.This is an old topic. shocked

*Hauwa*:

i miss the sound of rainfall on the roof
the scent when it rains or the early morning after rainfall
i miss the good scent of earth/soil

i miss the whitish sand of the village river. . .

those were the good ol' days.

africa my africa by David Diop

The sound of the rain on the roof always put me to sleep.It was so lovely!!

are u Liberian by the way? Hawa is a Liberian name eventhough yours is spell differently.
Re: Those Were The Good Old Days by yam: 2:11pm On Jan 07, 2009
Life can be so interesting,
I Love and appreciate people.
Nothing can be like the good old days.
I missed several things both good and bad.
I do wonder how i have grown so big.
Re: Those Were The Good Old Days by Raymond88(m): 7:13am On Jan 08, 2009
OMO IBO:

finally, i loved pen fights. u wont believe it. it was like a competition
Aha you mean the pen game of which i am still the undefeated champion of the bic pen weight class!
Re: Those Were The Good Old Days by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 08, 2009
I miss waiting for NTA to start @ 4pm daily. Remember those green,yellow,brown, and red stripes? And the National Anthem before they actually start. I think Voltron used to be on then.

I miss Tales by moonlight
I miss table soccer
I miss making bird cages and catapults to shoot down birds
I miss that thing in class we used to make from paper that you'd write all sorts of things on and ask someone to choose from.
I miss making paper boats and aeroooplaness.
I miss palm wine
I miss monkey post soccer
I miss going to the secondary school library just to get some air conditioning "OYE"

In short, i miss my childhood

(1) (Reply)

$eun You Locked The Q&A Thread: $o Here Are My Question$ / The Massive Corruption Story Untold: Abacha, Gilbert Chagoury, Clinton. . . / Dbang Or Jenyvive Who Is Richer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.