Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,435 members, 7,830,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Which Church Is Christ The Head Of? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Is Christ The Head Of? (452 Views)

Which Church Program Would You Want To Attend? (Hilarious Photos) / Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? / Today Is Christ The King Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Church Is Christ The Head Of? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
Is it the man made churches every where today that has replace their gods with tithes and lies or is Christ the Head of His Temple inside the mind of a true worshiper?

John 4:23 - 24
23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”
Re: Which Church Is Christ The Head Of? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2013
Churches of today are owned by pastors who run them like business empires with christ having nothing to do with them. Gone are those days when you'll see a church's signboard looking old and unattractive. Nowadays, they are graced to look colourful with the picture of the pastor and his wife's together to show they own the ministery. If you are still worshiping in such a place, i'll advice you quit or face the risk of worshiping God awkwardly.
Re: Which Church Is Christ The Head Of? by Yvete(f): 3:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
MrBible: Is it the man made churches every where today that has replace their gods with tithes and lies or is Christ the Head of His Temple inside the mind of a true worshiper? John 4:23 - 24
23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”

I don't think that verse has much to do with the Church. IMO, its about your personal relationship with God. "And he did right in the sight of the Lord, yet not with a loyal heart." (2 Chronicles 25:2). A friend of mine is mad that our pastor just bought a lake house and drives a Range Rover while the appearance of the Church is not all that, but I can't be bothered.

Like most people, I sin, I repent, I party responsibly, I pray, I forgive and sometimes I don't. The struggle for a wholehearted committment to God is what matters.

(1) (Reply)

Traditionalist Demandsn1.5m From Ogun Gov,amosun / If God Can Use A 6yrs Old Girl.... / Purpose: Sent To Give Abundant Life (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.