Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work (36897 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by victorv12(m): 11:00am On Apr 14, 2013
The Worst type of Christians are those who are Poor and yet still vehemently Defend their Millionaire pastors who rob them Blind.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by gratiaeo(m): 11:03am On Apr 14, 2013
rapheal_olami: . Dear oga at d bottom, pls watch ur mouth. Did jesus pay for transportation when he was on earth? Who own d ship dt he use to travel on? Was it a public transport? "Judge not" so dt u will not be judged. U wey no buy private jet r u holy? If God marks iniquity who shall stand? Leave God to his work, the lord who sees what you do in secret will surely reward accordingly in open. Do u know d number of people dt dis pastors affect positively in cash and in kind? Leetts stop talking abt there private jet 'cos talking will get us into sinning and it won't change anything. He that is righteous let him continue, he dt is holy let him continue, he dt is stealing let him continue. God is the rewarder of them dt diligently seek him. If u think they r using ur tithe to acquire it den stop paying if u think u can cope wt it. Wt or without u God has his way of doing is work. God help us.
Your argument is so pathetic
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Tolustar(m): 11:07am On Apr 14, 2013
Nwa oguta: How many private jets did jesus own during his time? GOD will judge all dis 419 pastors.

then there were no jets cool
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by gratiaeo(m): 11:09am On Apr 14, 2013
All this things na watch!
Religious leaders my a.s.s

***Archbishop na miliki*** Imam na***kpalatu***pope***na***enjoyment***
Fela-----------
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Tolustar(m): 11:29am On Apr 14, 2013
jidewin: Kai..is it that bad now he is even refered to as MR Adeboye....na wa o.

i don't like the way the OP referred to him like that..........even though u don't support him at least give him the respect................[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by logica(m): 11:31am On Apr 14, 2013
ChiSun27:

mechi onu dia!!!!! During d tym of Jesus did He not rode on carmel abi na horse sef...so during dis tym of Adeboye...na jets tnz....so let dia b peace.
Wow...so your pastors have started changing the creature Jesus rode from donkey to horse/camel? Na wa o.

I remember when dumba$$es like you jumped off with a story told by one of your pastors that a donkey was very expensive transportation comparable to a private jet back in the time of Jesus. And how I punctured that ret@rded argument by pointing out that Joseph the Carpenter (Jesus father) and Mary (Jesus mother) who were known to be poor also rode a donkey when they escaped from Israel. So now, the creature Jesus rode is indeterminate abi?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by olapluto(m): 11:41am On Apr 14, 2013
ChiSun27:

mechi onu dia!!!!! During d tym of Jesus did He not rode on carmel abi na horse sef...so during dis tym of Adeboye...na jets tnz....so let dia b peace.
oh dear!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by hadizadeezy(f): 12:00pm On Apr 14, 2013
imagin a spiritual tokin lik dis,,he want use d plane go meet God ne
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by dallyemmy: 12:06pm On Apr 14, 2013
WELL, AS FOR ME AS LONG AS IT IS FOR THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST TO GO ROUND THE WHOLE WORLD I AM READY TO GIVE AND GIVE AGAIN FOR MORE PLANES. THIS COMES THROUGH REVEALATION NOT THROUGH HUMAN LOGICS. THANK YOU!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by confusion247(m): 12:40pm On Apr 14, 2013
GraceBestowed: I agree! When you have to be in ten different countries in the space of six or seven days, being able to determine your own travel schedule is necessary.

Please let the man be, let only God be the Judge!
What you are saying is that Pope suppose to have 10 private jets.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by ayenny02(m): 1:00pm On Apr 14, 2013
dallyemmy: WELL, AS FOR ME AS LONG AS IT IS FOR THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST TO GO ROUND THE WHOLE WORLD I AM READY TO GIVE AND GIVE AGAIN FOR MORE PLANES. THIS COMES THROUGH REVEALATION NOT THROUGH HUMAN LOGICS. THANK YOU!!!
Which revelation have you forgotten tha jesus said Matthew 15:23-24
23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

ARE U D LOST SHEEP OF ISREAL OR NIGERIA, they will continue using ur money to buy more jet.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Hilary261: 3:23pm On Apr 14, 2013
GraceBestowed: I agree! When you have to be in ten different countries in the space of six or seven days, being able to determine your own travel schedule is necessary.

Please let the man be, let only God be the Judge!
Why you no go Rev. KING church so Only will jugde. Even when you see a clear mal behaviour. You continue overlabouring God.
This is why Nigerian youths are waiting on God to give them a good leader when they don't vote but watch European football only.
Don't worry wait for God until politicians and pastors milk you dry

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by misstobi: 4:29pm On Apr 14, 2013
Funny how christians condemn christians,if it happend in an islam settin,a muslim won't comment or condemn his broda bt we d so called xtian r quick @ judgement.....:w does it affect ur standard of livin if a man of God is given a jet as a gift...m sure none of u will return 30million if it was paid into ur ccount or given to u if u'v bn despartely askin God for money....abi will u...u think preachin is esy or u think God wants his children to suffer...if d jets were available in d days of peter an sure a member of the crowd wud v volunteered to gv out his own for the service of God,u all wanna b lyk Judas hu condemned mary for washin jesus's feet with an expensive oil.dt's y d rich will continue to b rich and the poor will b poor because d bible mkes me understand dt Givers neva lack.so stop d condemnation and start sowin into God's kingdom,sow into d life of ur pastors for wt dt,der will b a continuity in d grace nd blessins

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 14, 2013
muami:

The fact that the FALSE statement made by Ogbeche77 has so far received 17 'likes' says a lot about the level of intelligence and knowledge of the people who are always looking for what to criticize about pastors.

First of all, the Pope does not only have two PRIVATE JETS (called Shepherd One and Shepherd two), he also owns a COUNTRY, a BANK, a CURRENCY and many other things which no Nigeria General Overseer owns. Even with these jets, the Popes have so far been ineffective in their tasks of overseeing the I billion Catholics you talk about(perhaps because he does not leave the Vatican too often). Apart from the issues of the sex scandals, the Catholic Church also happens to be the most divided church on theology and doctrine. For example, the Church doctrine is against gay marriage. However, majority of Catholics including Priests and Bishops openly go against the Church and support it. Is that the product of effective overseeing? My simple view is this: If the private jet enables these pastors to effectively carry out their tasks, then let them have it! After all, not one is forcing you to contribute to the purchase of the jets.

You are a liar, peddler of falsehood and very deceitful. I do not need to be a Catholic to know that your above statement is false. By the way, did your Pastor tells you this or you just love to peddle lies to deceive your church members?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by raphealolami(m): 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2013
solomon111: what humility are you talking about?
How does someone who owns three private jets in the midst of poverty,be called humble?
How does someone whose university is one of the most expensive in the country,be called humble?
Is that how your bible defines humility?
*someone get a bucket,i want to puke*
and who are you really talking about. JUDGE NOT!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by shamson: 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2013
ayenny02:
23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

ARE U D LOST SHEEP OF ISREAL OR NIGERIA, they will continue using ur money to buy more jet.

y will continue using ur money to buy more jet.[/quote]

GBAM grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by shamson: 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2013
[quote author=ayenny02]

ARE U D LOST SHEEP OF ISREAL OR NIGERIA,

GBAM grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 14, 2013
eriegua83: Do we need jet to go to the creeks and villages especially the northern parts of the country to evangelize?how many jets sorry donkey did christ and his apostles have to preach the gospel. Or how many jets did the missionaries buy to bring us xtianity.

Had it mean there were Jets then, I believe Jesus would have got one in order to spread the good news through out the world but we thank our good God despite the fact that there were no jets then the good news was spread. @Post mind its not a bad thing for a G.O to own a private jet when a president owns 11 and governors own theirs so u wanna tell me the job those people are doing are far important than God's work ?? We have a long way to go in this country undecided undecided undecided
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by thehomer: 7:25pm On Apr 14, 2013
searay: I'm not aware. What church and what reason(s)?
Hope you are not regarding NL as a church?

The Catholic Church is much bigger.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 14, 2013
ziccoit:

See you there. Did Jesus struggle frantically to own the wold via enrichment when he had the opportunity? Since you want to draw comparison;

Jesus would have established private universities for the less priviledges and destitues.

He would have developed his members instead of flying in private jet all around the world

He would have stood by the poor masses when it matters and feed the corrupt politicians with correct words of God

He would have strived to effect positive changes in his society.

Mind Jesus would have done what u said, but he would have done more cos he provides all this it will only benefits the people that lives within the environs in which Jesus was located he would have probably get a jet also and travel round the globe to safe people at large he might not just use it to acquire wealth, power or fame like these today pastors do. But don't get it twisted Jesus would have done anything to safe the wide world then
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by omoba007(m): 8:06pm On Apr 14, 2013
Ogbeche77: But sir, the pope is the leader of over 1 billion catholics worldwide, yet he boards a commercial jet liner. If my memory has not failed me,Pope Benedict visited Benin republic two years ago on Air Italia

pls no offence and i stand to be corrected how often do pope travel? if i can remember very well pope stay more in vatican city than travelling around the world.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by dallyemmy: 8:25pm On Apr 14, 2013
ayenny02:

My dear, I have heard this quote from a moslem classmate of mine when I was in school. You are probably a moslem. Well, let me explain this to you. Christ made the statement you are quoting before his death. He was first sent to the house of Isreal. Then after that John 1:12 says ...as many that believes in him have been given the power to become the sons of God. Also, after ressurection he said in Mat 28:18-20 that we should preach to gospel to all nations. Also, you can read Act 1:8 and the whole of Isaiah 53.

Moreover, have you seen the vision and the Mission statements of RCCG? RCCG has vision of going to the whole world to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. Also, remember, Pastor Adeboye is not the founder of RCCG and he didn't buy the plane in his own name.

You sounded like a moslem. Endeavour to read the Bible passages I quoted. Just in case you have any question do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

God bless you!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by moneyhungry(m): 9:02pm On Apr 14, 2013
coolsegun: 'Touch not my anointed', please leave everything to God. As for me, no comment. I'm out of here
another brain-washed fellow.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by onyoluikechukwu: 9:03pm On Apr 14, 2013
troy20:
Who is d pope when abeboye is the jesus christ of our time just like someone passionately told me

jesus christ of our time my foot.

they are all corrupt leaders.
and sum fanatic members will suppor them whole heartedly cos they are blind and brain washed
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by onyoluikechukwu: 9:20pm On Apr 14, 2013
when jesus christ was on earth he did not av a private secondary school or university ,but these so called men of God uses church members money and manpower to build there schools all in the name of schools for the members children . but wen u go there the schools are the most expensive and you dn't see poor man's children there.
and sum fanatic members are here defendin them.
metwee

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by farem: 9:23pm On Apr 14, 2013
dbride: The mistake, Yes o MISTAKE, our dear pastors make is that they choose their investments according to what they think is right in the sight of God without first asking for the leading of the Holy Spirit. All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient. Worse is that majority of christians have no real relationship with God Himself so give their all to the pastors instead. Non ever stops to inquire of the Lord whether their pastors' actions fall in line with the desires of God. Pastors are human, they make mistakes too.

I really have nothing against Pst Adegboye flying a jet as long as he did it by the express leading of the Holy Spirit. By now, Pst Adegboye's will should be buried in God's will and should beat his chest to say "God told me to do it" with confidence, no further explanations. "As many as are LED by the Spirit, they are the sons of God". Every christian should strive to get there.

In the garden of eden, b4 the great fall, there were no pastors, prophets, evangelists, etc. no church buildings, only Adam and Eve and God all communing together for God's pleasure. Christ came to reconcile us back to that same state of communing together one on one with God. Simple. All we see now is the process of reconciliation having pastors, etc and church buildings that God Himself says He does not dwell in. Hmmmmm.. Deep things and enough said. God give us understanding and cause us to ask You questions as christians without fear or favour.

[color=#990000][/color]
MR SPIRI KOKO. THE TYPE OF CHURCH BUILDING YOU CURRENTLY BUILT OR RENTED WAS EXPRESSLY GIVEN TO YOU OR YOUR PASTOR BY THE HOLY SPIRIT? PR THE CHURCH CAR OR BUS TYPE WAS EXPREESSLY GIVEN BY HIM? (I ASK THESE ASSUMING YOU HAVE/ATTENDED A CHURCH) ANSWER US NOW!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by farem: 9:31pm On Apr 14, 2013
Nwa oguta: How many private jets did jesus own during his time? GOD will judge all dis 419 pastors.
[color=#990000][/color]
JESUS COULD NOT HAVE USED JET AT HIS EARTHLY MINISTRY. HE USED THE BEST AVAILABLE MEANS- SHEEP, BOATS, DONKEY WALKING ON HUMAN CLOTHINGS! WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU HAVE EXPECTED HIM TO USE THEN? HORSES? HE WOULD NOT, because HE WAS NOT FIGHTING WARS. HE IS OUR PEACE!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 14, 2013
money-hungry :
finally, the LAST MAN STANDING is down.
dear Christians, can't y'all see?... IT'S A SCAM!.
RUN!
never baba KUMUYIi never spoil abeg............Depper life is the last popular church standing.......what a pity for baba Adeboye I still respect him sha.............satan has woon him wiith worldly things

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 14, 2013
money-hungry :
finally, the LAST MAN STANDING is down.
dear Christians, can't y'all see?... IT'S A SCAM!.
RUN!
never baba KUMUYIi never spoil abeg............Depper life is the only popular chhurch standing

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by vowiski(m): 10:13pm On Apr 14, 2013
Tolustar:

then there were no jets cool

LOL, What a ridiculous way to justify his purchase.

If you find the truth my dear brother, you will be free. Not my words but the words of Jesus Christ, the Lord over our lives.

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

If the truth sets you free I wonder what Curse delivers can be upon when.

This is one of the numerous truth your lack of studying God words you don't know.

Galatians 3:13
New Living Translation (NLT)
13 But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”

Now There was no private jets in Jesus Christ time Right?

Good, let me be logical with you.

In that same OLD Testaments, Tithes were only Landed products and the 10th herd that crossed under the rod.

The Other truth you don't know.

Money exists at that time, but GOD was never interested in it.

Matthew 17:24-27
King James Version (KJV)
27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

(This verse talks about when Jesus paid temple tax for himself and Peter only. He did not pay for the other disciples, meaning Jesus did not come to obey the Mosaic law but to Fulfill it. You may ask, how can one Fulfill the law and not obey it? It's in scripture I quoted above. Jesus became the curse, all of it so we can be saved hence the reason why he spilled his blood on the cross and said "it is finished- John 19:30" Finished means fulfilled, accomplished., )

How come Modern Day clergy men are doing the opposite, they are interested in only your MONEY! MONEY!! MONEY!!! instead of oil, cattle, fruits. Or @Tolustar Does land no longer exist now? May be we all live in the Central Bank Of Nigeria

If you want to even obey the old mosaic law of tithing that no longer applies to belivers, it must not be money but landed products. The logic is, if everyone starts bringing food items for them, it would be too much and because of greed which won't make them share with the poor, they would constantly demand for money since some clergy-men can store them in countless bank accounts.

But remember, if you must follow the old laws, you can't mix old wine and new wine together

Matthew 9:17
King James Version (KJV)
17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

If you want to learn more on how tithing was used by the levites in the old testament, Kindly pray that God gives you wisdom to understand his word. Our problems is that we do not study the bible, we let our clergy-men do the study while we worship them instead of our maker GOD.

I have been living in the tithing-bondage, but even since I prayed and found the truth I have been free as Christ said.

If any pastors read this I am not saying you are fake, but know that a honest man can be honestly mistaken but when he finds the truth he can choose weather to be honest or mistaken (fraud).

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by elewedu(m): 10:15pm On Apr 14, 2013
It really baffles me seeing very educated Nigerians veiled by sentiments and hypocrisy....I bet thats our bane in the first place.sigh
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 14, 2013
Be mindful of what you say, hmmmm, I don talk my own
Olamyyde: yea right, as if he doesnt have the money to video chat with the pastors of d other branches of the church. At least that would save him money. Later when they ask him if he used tithe money to buy the jet, he go say na book money.

Infact, how does this news stop nairaland mods from putting tonto dike threads on the front page

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Belgrade Police, Christians Clash At LGBT Parade After A Mockery Made Of Jesus / Mast Falls On Chapel In Akwa Ibom During Sunday Service (Photos) / "Don't Bleach Your Skin" - Apostle Suleman Warns Ladies, Men (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.