Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work (36864 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by troy20(m): 4:20pm On Apr 13, 2013
donvinchi :

Don't be a fool.who is pope? A religious leader and adeboye is ur Jesus Christ of ur time,stupid talk.mind u am nt condemning adeboye but ur stupidity which is seen in ur post. Thank u.
easy my broda u dnt hav 2 read in haste n post in haste.even if u did, u shudnt hav missd d gentle sarcasm in my comment.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 13, 2013
Kamsy10:

No problem as long as you're not milking church members. Jesus never emphasized tithe

exactly jesus never emphasized tithe neither did adeboye! Ur tithe is a personal thing ok? No one can "force" u! grin no one is a learner!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Dee60: 4:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ogbeche77: But sir, the pope is the leader of over 1 billion catholics worldwide, yet he boards a commercial jet liner. If my memory has not failed me,Pope Benedict visited Benin republic two years ago on Air Italia

There is possibly not a lot of demand for the pope to travel around. A church like the Redeemed Christian Church of God is massively evangelizing to countries. There are thousands of churches around the world who would wish and who are inviting the GO of RCCG and that is the difference. Let God be the judge in this matter. The GO of RCCG and the church has been a blessing to Nigeria's image in more than 100 countries, yet we never learn to appreciate our own. Let god be the judge. Let us not compare people. Round pegs do not fit into square holes!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by ibabz(m): 4:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
it's obvious you don't study your Bible, pls go back to the book of Lev. And read what Tithe is meant for.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by aku626(m): 4:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
this is a funny discussion lol! the interviewer was certainly there to get another type of information. very funny indeed
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by pappythinko(m): 4:27pm On Apr 13, 2013
[quote author=muami]

The fact that the FALSE statement made by Ogbeche77 has so far received 17 'likes' says a lot about the level of intelligence and knowledge of the people who are always looking for what to criticize about pastors.

D fact dt you knew xo little about the Pope's schedule speak xo little of ur intellect.Jst try make ur point clear without throwin tantrums elxwer wen u r supos 2 provide valid evidence.The pope is very effective if you don't know &He doesnt have to inform u abt anytn.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Godsate: 4:27pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ibro Yaya:

^^^ Big Fat lie!!
The Pope doesn't travel in commercial airline. Haven't you heard of Sheperd 1 and sherperd 2 ?. Those are the private plane the pope travels in. They are almost as big as US Airforce One

GOD BLESS YOU IBRO YAYA

The men of God need these Jets to meet up with the task in front of them. If some of you that are condemning them now are in their shoes, you won't buy plane but Rocket.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by niyiduke01(m): 4:27pm On Apr 13, 2013
Why are we so gullible to these so called religious leaders antics....Is it necessary to always visits the 160 countries afterall you have pastors overseeing them...thats why he is the general overseer....So methinks that its the other pastors from other branches all over the world that should come to redemption camp and give account of their stewardship...maybe there is no holy ghost in them or its a personal business venture cos i dont believe that mere mortals should try to supervise God work...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2013
carr96:

exactly jesus never emphasized tithe neither did adeboye! Ur tithe is a personal thing ok? No one can "force" u! grin no one is a learner!

YES, I'M 100% SURE REDEEMED EMPHASIZE TITHE LIKE CRAZY. I'VE ATTENDED IT BEFORE.
THE FUNNY THING IS THEY TELL YOU JESUS HAS DIED SO THE OLD TESTAMENT RULES ON DRESSING N D LIKES NO LONGER HOLD.
BUT THEY QUICKLY RUN TO MALACHI 3:10 TO EMPHASIZE TITHE.
FOR ME I PREFER TO KEEP ALL THE RULES INCLUDING TITHING. NOT THAT WE PLAY DOWN ON SOME BIBLE INSTRUCTIONS TO ATTRACT MEMBERS AND EMPHASIZE MALACHI 3:10 TO COLLECT MONEY

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by solomon111(m): 4:29pm On Apr 13, 2013
People like olukoya and t.b joshua are following christ foot-steps,by sowing treasures in people,this charlatan is ridiculing christianity by his words and actions.
A truely disgusting situation.
I wonder how adeboye's members go to his church everyday,despite his continous flagrant display of un-christlikeness.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by muami(m): 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2013
matrixme: Though I am not a Catholic, I won't stand by and watch you propagate your hear-say on the internet about the Catholic church. The pope does not have a private jet, and I don't think he drinks from golden chalet. Infact, the present pope is such a moderacy-loving pope that he "has been known for his humility, his concern for the poor, and ...has displayed a simpler and less formal approach to the office, including a decision to reside in the Vatican guesthouse rather than the papal residence used by his predecessors since 1903." According to Wikipedia. Please bring up your facts with proof next time.

Firstly, the pope 'owns' a private jet the same way Pastor Adeboye 'owns' a private jet. No jet is registered in their name. However, they both have jets that is available for their use whenever they want it.

In any event, we don't have to copy the pope. People do mortgage in the UK and US but in Nigeria, we buy houses outright. That is our style. So if any Nigerian pastor believe their own 'overseeing' is better achieved by the use of a private jet, whether registered in their name or not, the yardstick should not be what the pope does. If we must copy the pope, then we should support all Nigerian pastors to be treated like heads of states, own their own bank and print their money!

By the way, I don't get it about the rant about the humility of the new pope. Pastor Adeboye is also well known for his humility, even the report under reference acknowledge that as follows: "Though considered unique in his simple appearance and un-flamboyant lifestyle..."

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 13, 2013
Kamsy10:

YES, I'M 100% SURE REDEEMED EMPHASIZE TITHE LIKE CRAZY. I'VE ATTENDED IT BEFORE
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 13, 2013
Kamsy10:

YES, I'M 100% SURE REDEEMED EMPHASIZE TITHE LIKE CRAZY. I'VE ATTENDED IT BEFORE

ok, let's pretend I agree with u!! Redeemed emphasizes on tithe but does adeboye threaten wit a gun or sumfin ehn?? Who's a kid?? Spare me dat! Like I said, ur tithe is a personal thing ok, No one can "force" u!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by kacheezy: 4:34pm On Apr 13, 2013
But wait o...why cant this pastor who communes with God every day explain his schedule to the Holy spirit so God can give him a chariot of fire like Elijah or maybe a little of God's omnipresence...
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Dee60: 4:35pm On Apr 13, 2013
GraceBestowed: I agree! When you have to be in ten different countries in the space of six or seven days, being able to determine your own travel schedule is necessary.

Please let the man be, let only God be the Judge!

I agree with you. Let God be the judge.

I actually marvel at our reasoning. The MD of NNPC travels around with a jet acquired on taxpayers back and no one complains. Why develop so much bad belle because someone else is making progress? If you have the means to acquire a jet good if you have one, if not, God bless those who can. There was a time people abused those who acquired Mercdes Benz, but they stopped abusing the moment they acquired theirs. I pray that many more people will have the means to buy jets, and i pray they use it for a good cause like evangelism.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by solomon111(m): 4:36pm On Apr 13, 2013
GraceBestowed: I agree! When you have to be in ten different countries in the space of six or seven days, being able to determine your own travel schedule is necessary.

Please let the man be, let only God be the Judge!
Are you daftt?
So people who don't own jets cannot serve God?
Reinhard bonnke,one of the foremost evangelists of our time,a man whom adeboye cannot hold a candle to,does not even own a single jet.
He has been to more countries and preached to more people than adeboye would ever hope to accomplish in his life-time.
Smh vigorously.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by palugycolina(m): 4:36pm On Apr 13, 2013
Billyonaire: Jesus did not have overseas membership Goddamnit. Our pastors have millions of members in over 160 countries. How many members did Jesus have ? Jesus needed a boat and a donkey and he used them. There was no private jet then, I am sure Jesus would have got one, if there was jet then and if he could afford to.

So why didnt he buy a chariot then..for easy transportation..

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by realking(m): 4:36pm On Apr 13, 2013
Any time pope is flying with shepherd 1, it is alway a chartered plane frm Alitalia. vatican is a country and so hv their currency and central bank. pope is also a head of state and is always given a presidential treatment in any country he arrives.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by foreignstudy: 4:38pm On Apr 13, 2013
Symphony007: Pastor, mother theresa became one of the most famous preachers of christ and agent of charity with an entire life's possesion of two pairs of her nunnery uniform and sweater, a chaplet,a prayer book, sandals and toothbrush!!

Very close to my house the sister of mother theresa have a house for the poor and still the sisters of mother theresa have not more that belonge to them than mother therese has.

The new pope is good for this moment because he takes a name from a very popular catholic franz (franciscus) von Assisi a man who comes from a rich family and give all to the poor. The pope live in a normal flat before and he goes to his work with puplic trafic.

I am catholic but i go to a different chuch it is old catholics, and the bishop there is from nigeria before he was a catholic priest he change the church because he found his wife here and marry her. I speak with him about nigeria and he is not happy what he hears at the moment.

The pope has no privat jet he takes the plane from italien airways. The Vatican state is not big but no catholic bishop has a privat jet.
The president from Austria live stil in his flat in vienna we have no Villa for the president and our president has no privat jet, but we are not a poor country.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 13, 2013
Dee60:

I actually marvel at our reasoning. The MD of NNPC travels around with a jet acquired on taxpayers back and no one complains. Why develop so much bad belle because someone else is making progress? If you have the means to acquire a jet good if you have one, if not, God bless those who can. There was a time people abused those who acquired Mercdes Benz, but they stopped abusing the moment they acquired theirs. I pray that many more people will have the means to buy jets, and i pray they use it for a good cause like evangelism.

GBAM! grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by pappythinko(m): 4:38pm On Apr 13, 2013
carr96:

oh so because he's a man of God, he shouldn't buy a private jet?? undecided a man of God is till a human being! Like I said people can't reason! When a man of God gets angry or does something irrational people den say he's not a true man of God! Lyk wtf!

In fact let God bless my hustle! I'll buy more than a private jet.......my God isn't a poor God grin
But ur god is xo avaricious abi.. Itx not illegal to dream though. keep it up!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 13, 2013
Dee60:

Church is always the last hope for the poor and our pastors have bn bought over by greed and luxury.
So just because md of nnpc does it,makes it right.
If Jesus was in Nigeria right now,would he have bn copying MD of NNPC who is buying jet with taxpayers money?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by solomon111(m): 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
muami:

Firstly, the pope 'owns' a private jet the same way Pastor Adeboye 'owns' a private jet. No jet is registered in their name. However, they both have jets that is available for their use whenever they want it.

In any event, we don't have to copy the pope. People do mortgage in the UK and US but in Nigeria, we buy houses outright. That is our style. So if any Nigerian pastor believe their own 'overseeing' is better achieved by the use of a private jet, whether registered in their name or not, the yardstick should not be what the pope does. If we must copy the pope, then we should support all Nigerian pastors to be treated like heads of states, own their own bank and print their money!

By the way, I don't get it about the rant about the humility of the new pope. Pastor Adeboye is also well known for his humility, even the report under reference acknowledge that as follows: "Though considered unique in his simple appearance and un-flamboyant lifestyle..."

what humility are you talking about?
How does someone who owns three private jets in the midst of poverty,be called humble?
How does someone whose university is one of the most expensive in the country,be called humble?
Is that how your bible defines humility?
*someone get a bucket,i want to puke*

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ok ooooooooo,Mr.Adeboye.God is watching us.I don't blame you,i blame the people who worship you.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Lucasbalo(m): 4:45pm On Apr 13, 2013
That's my pastor and I love him but no-one is beyond reproach.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by oncolor1: 4:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
Is it really critical that the "Man of God" must visit all those countries? I would have thought the money used in buying a private jet or if it is a "Gift" the money raised from the sale would go a long way in establishing more churches in those countries and other places without a church of their own. This argument is for the religious zealots.

In reality, the money would be better spent taking care of the needs of less fortunate people that abound in a poverty ridden society like Nigeria. I would think Jesus would appreciate that more than jetting off to various countries to visit churches that are doing just fine on their own.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by solomon111(m): 4:49pm On Apr 13, 2013
The attitude of Nigerians disgust me.
I can't believe people are trying to justify this.
Any Nigerian that support these jet-hugging charlatans do not have any moral right to castigate politicians for reckless display of extravagance.

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by akymme(m): 4:51pm On Apr 13, 2013
http://www.aljazeera.com/video/africa/2013/04/2013413121750387870.html
watch Adeboye talk, someone that can't tell mr president the truth, the guy don finally hit jackpot. Maggas continue paying the money.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Isiterere(m): 4:54pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ogbeche77: But sir, the pope is the leader of over 1 billion catholics worldwide, yet he boards a commercial jet liner. If my memory has not failed me,Pope Benedict visited Benin republic two years ago on Air Italia
. This man of God will need witchcraft whenever his church members reaches catholic church members....

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by muami(m): 4:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
solomon111: what humility are you talking about?
How does someone who owns three private jets in the midst of poverty,be called humble?
How does someone whose university is one of the most expensive in the country,be called humble?
Is that how your bible defines humility?
*someone get a bucket,i want to puke*
I can see your definition and conceptualization of 'humility' is being affected by your poverty mentality. No wonder you erroneously believe and are angry that 'someone' owns three jets and an expensive university. If we take your poverty-infested definition of humility to be true, then the pope must be the proudest religious leader since he owns a country, a bank, prints his own money and has very expensive universities worldwide
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by solomon111(m): 4:56pm On Apr 13, 2013
It is even more sad that this piece of news is on aljazeera.
Adeboye just disgraced christ before the muslim world.
Pathetic.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by oncolor1: 4:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
solomon111: The attitude of Nigerians disgust me.
I can't believe people are trying to justify this.
Any Nigerian that support these jet-hugging charlatans do not have any moral right to castigate politicians for reckless display of extravagance.

Honestly, when it comes to religion a lot of Nigerians have mental issues. All sense of reasoning seem to elude them that you wonder if these people just descended from Apes. Anybody can call himself a "Pastor" on Facebook and post a status with a religious connotation and say type "Amen" if you want your blessing. Before you say Jack, there are thousands of comments already with "Amen" and you ask yourself, do these people actually believe they will receive some sort of blessings or reward by typing "Amen"? How can Nigeria as a country develop when majority of its populace are like this?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Former Cultists, Prostitutes And Militants Undergo Water Baptism In Rivers. PICS / "Don't Bleach Your Skin" - Apostle Suleman Warns Ladies, Men (Video) / Prophet Wale Olagunju 2020 Prophecies: Speaks On APC, Tinubu, El-Rufai, Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.