Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? (11354 Views)

White Man Urinating In Public In Lagos (photos) / Policeman Orders Woman To Bare Her Breast In Public Or Be Arrested (photos) / 6 Things You Must Not Do Before You Sleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by greatgod2012(f): 1:33pm On Apr 13, 2013
Sometimes, when i travel, i do travel through and with public transport system, since im not used to driving a long distance, what amazes me is the way people sleep during the journey. You see very handsome guys and very pretty babes all swaggling their heads inside the vehicles, some, even to the extent of snoring.....chai!sleeping in a commercial vehicle is what i have never done, so, it amazes me how and why people sleep in commercial vehicles that is always filled with people that are almost not known to us.
Its another thing, if its a private vehicle, at least few people and known people are the ones the person is going to be together with, but in a public car/buses, nay, i dont subscribe to it at all, but i know those who do it must have their reasons for it, so, lets share, this is weekend, lets relieve our tension and laugh/learn.
Also, the positive and negative effects of sleeping in public vehicles can also be discussed, which may serve as a kind of lesson to others.
Thanks and may God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:35pm On Apr 13, 2013
No.. especially not when I am sitting in front.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by vivianc(f): 1:50pm On Apr 13, 2013
Yes I do sleep in public vehicles but it depends on the distance of the journey. For instance, if I'm going to Phc or Warri, there won't be need for sleep, but if I'm going to Abj or Lag? I'd definitely sleep at some point. I do not snore tho.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Freiburger(m): 1:54pm On Apr 13, 2013
No, not even in an aircraft.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 13, 2013
I didn't know if i slept or not, grin grin all i know is that i was woken up by the woman next to me just to inform me that we are now in Berger bus stop. grin grin grin

30 Likes

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by greatgod2012(f): 2:09pm On Apr 13, 2013
You know what, i was discussing this issue with someone, and he said and i quote....."i use to sleep in public vehicles before, but i can never do it again, because, through sleeping, i have for once lost my bag and i have also missed dropping at the busstop i was supposed to stop, it cost me a lot of money and stress before i got back to my presupposed busstop"
on hearing this, i laugh so teeeh, i almost fell off a chair, but jokes apart, this is one of the adverse effects of sleeping while travelling with/through public transport system.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by greatgod2012(f): 2:11pm On Apr 13, 2013
991: I didn't know if i slept or not, grin grin all i know is that i was woken up by the woman next to me just to inform me that we are now in Berger bus stop. grin grin grin

thank God for the good samaritan that sat beside you, if not so........na osodi straiiiiiiiiiight, you for know say, u don reach Lagos

1 Like

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by vivianc(f): 2:13pm On Apr 13, 2013
greatgod2012: You know what, i was discussing this issue with someone, and he said and i quote....."i use to sleep in public vehicles before, but i can never do it again, because, through sleeping, i have for once lost my bag and i have also missed dropping at the busstop i was supposed to stop, it cost me a lot of money and stress before i got back to my presupposed busstop"
on hearing this, i laugh so teeeh, i almost fell off a chair, but jokes apart, this is one of the adverse effects of sleeping while travelling with/through public transport system.

Lmao! She must be a deep sleeper, grin .
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by slimyem: 2:13pm On Apr 13, 2013
Yes o..and its nothing to be ashamed of especially when i'm travelling on roads i have travelled countless times.Its just boring watching trees go by.Infact,that's why i like sitting by the window so i can rest my side or head when sleep beckons,with dark shades on and my ears plugged with a earpiece too.grincheesy

8 Likes

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by greatgod2012(f): 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2013
Freiburger: No, not even in an aircraft.

you must be a good observer then.
I have observed that when i travel, i observe everything i see along the journey, i even ask questions from those who sit beside me, i always want to know about every junction, every tree i see.......funny?, yes, i know but its kind of relieveing ones tension.

1 Like

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by greatgod2012(f): 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
slimyem: Yes o..and its nothing to be ashamed of especially when i'm travelling on roads i have travelled countless times.Its just boring watching trees go by.Infact,that's why i like sitting by the window so i can rest my side or head when sleep beckons,with dark shades on and my ears plugged with a earpiece too.grincheesy

lol@ your black shade and your earpiece............so that other passengers will not know that you are no longer in this same place with them, they wont be able to know that you are already far away..........i love your style.

1 Like

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
It's understandable if it's a long distance journey of over 8hrs.
But if it's between a short distance of one state to another which is between 1-2hrs i.e: Plateau to Kaduna State, it's not good.
However, if you wanna sleep, carry dark shaded glasses for your face if you are the shy type & place your head where you ll not likely rest it on the shoulder of the passenger(s) beside you.
------------------------
Last Bullet: Some people can't even hold their sleep for 30minutes when they are in a commercial vehicle. Imagine a short journey in a BRT from Ketu Mile 12 to Ojota in Lagos which is not up to 15minutes if the road is traffic free. You ll see people dozing off like fowls wey get bird flu.
The most annoying are those that ll rest their heads on your shoulder, snore & even drop a litre of stinking saliva on your cloth. Damm it's just so irritating.

10 Likes

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 13, 2013
If its in a taxi or something, no I don't because where I'm going with a cab isn't that much of a distance, a public bus like a train? Same thing.. but if its a flight, oh mehn I even have to take sleeping pills cos I do hate altitudes. So, I sleep smiley

Though I see people sleep in the train( which could be termed public too). Well, you can never cheat nature whenever it comes. Sometimes, these people sleep as a result of hard job they do and that's part of the way they have to overcome stress, most of them hardly sleep at night so you don't be surprised if you see people sleeping over a short distance
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 13, 2013
I sleep when in a bus,there was a time,I slept off,that I was taken like 10 bus stop ahead my destination. That didn't deter me from sleeping in a bus again.

Infact I like resting my head on a girl's shoulder in the bus.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
Yomieluv: I sleep when in a bus,there was a time,I slept off,that I was taken like 10 bus stop ahead my destination. That didn't deter me from sleeping in a bus again.

Infact I like resting my head on a girl's shoulder in the bus.

It sure does help to relieve stress, innit? smiley

1 Like

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 13, 2013
For sleeping during short journeys, u don't know what the person has been tru that day! Mutum ba jaki ba! ( Person no be horse)....fatigue is not a respecter of person oº°˚!
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by greatgod2012(f): 4:37pm On Apr 13, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: It's understandable if it's a long distance journey of over 8hrs.
But if it's between a short distance of one state to another which is between 1-2hrs i.e: Plateau to Kaduna State, it's not good.
However, if you wanna sleep, carry dark shaded glasses for your face if you are the shy type & place your head where you ll not likely rest it on the shoulder of the passenger(s) beside you.
------------------------
Last Bullet: Some people can't even hold their sleep for 30minutes when they are in a commercial vehicle. Imagine a short journey in a BRT from Ketu Mile 12 to Ojota in Lagos which is not up to 15minutes if the road is traffic free. You ll see people dozing off like fowls wey get bird flu.
The most annoying are those that ll rest their heads on your shoulder, snore & even drop a litre of stinking saliva on your cloth. Damm it's just so irritating.

lol at stinking saliva.....

So, u mean some people can sleep off in a journey of less than 15 minutes?, if yes, then, e get as e be o...........
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by greatgod2012(f): 4:42pm On Apr 13, 2013
tchidi: For sleeping during short journeys, u don't know what the person has been tru that day! Mutum ba jaki ba! ( Person no be horse)....fatigue is not a respecter of person oº°˚!

yeah! Thats true, but not in less than 15 minutes journey that is even within the same town......
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Agimor(m): 7:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
I simply dnt do it
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:18am On Apr 14, 2013
Yomieluv: I sleep when in a bus,there was a time,I slept off,that I was taken like 10 bus stop ahead my destination. That didn't deter me from sleeping in a bus again.
Don't worry, you ll soon learn another lesson. Next time it ll be from one state to the other, & not missing your bus stop.
Yomieluv: Infact I like resting my head on a girl's shoulder in the bus.
If I m a lady & you rest your head on my shoulder in a bus, I ll gladly give you a thunderous knock on your head...I mean it!
greatgod2012:

lol at stinking saliva.....
As in, some people ll forget themselves in the sleep till they start dropping saliva.
t's so irritating.
greatgod2012:

So, u mean some people can sleep off in a journey of less than 15 minutes?, if yes, then, e get as e be o...........
Yes. Some people doze off few minutes when they enter a vehicle. It may be due to fatigue as tchidi wrote earlier. Nobody can control sleep when you are stressed out.
But those that are fond of dozing off like fowl ll just not cease to amaze me. Moreso, one have to be security conscious. You can't afford to sleep in a 'One Chance' bound bus. You ll just wake up at the kidnappers ritual shrine.
---------------------------
Last Bullet: There's a tragic story of a lady who slept off while travelling from Ibadan to Lagos...But that's to be shared another time.

1 Like

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by greatgod2012(f): 4:49am On Apr 14, 2013
This thread is becoming interesting.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by greatgod2012(f): 4:54am On Apr 14, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa:
Last Bullet: There's a tragic story of a lady who slept off while travelling from Ibadan to Lagos...But that's to be shared another time.

pls, share, so that we will all laugh and at the same time learn from it. Thanks.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Nobody: 5:40am On Apr 14, 2013
I know a woman that sleeps like mad!! It embarrases me sef! One time we were on a survey n went to see the chairman of one LG in kebbi state, few minutes into our talk, she had slept off..
She says every morning she leaves masaka for Central area (ABJ), she sleeps off, passes her office and wakes up at Berger last bustop, so she has to take a bus back to Central Area! embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by MrUzo: 8:44am On Apr 14, 2013
I sleep oo. But not all times sha

1 Like

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:27pm On Apr 14, 2013
greatgod2012:

pls, share, so that we will all laugh and at the same time learn from it. Thanks.
It's tragic o!
I don't think you wanna laugh after reading it.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by greatgod2012(f): 4:15pm On Apr 14, 2013
tchidi: I know a woman that sleeps like mad!! It embarrases me sef! One time we were on a survey n went to see the chairman of one LG in kebbi state, few minutes into our talk, she had slept off..
She says every morning she leaves masaka for Central area (ABJ), she sleeps off, passes her office and wakes up at Berger last bustop, so she has to take a bus back to Central Area! embarassed embarassed

lmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by greatgod2012(f): 4:16pm On Apr 14, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: It's tragic o!
I don't think you wanna laugh after reading it.

really
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:49pm On Apr 14, 2013
greatgod2012:

really
yeah, yeah.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by slimyem: 7:41pm On Apr 14, 2013
greatgod2012:
E nor get as e be o.I don sleep am before.I nor know wetin knack me that day.cheesy
I dey also sleep inside traffic sometimes .It makes me oblivious to the discomfort of it all.I never pass my bus stop before sha..grin
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2013
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by greatgod2012(f): 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2013
slimyem: E nor get as e be o.I don sleep am before.I nor know wetin knack me that day.cheesy
I dey also sleep inside traffic sometimes .It makes me oblivious to the discomfort of it all.I never pass my bus stop before sha..grin

thank God you didnt miss your bus stop then.
Re: Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles? by Akpaife(m): 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2013
Yes n no

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20 Funniest Quotes From Patience Jonathan You’ve Never Heard. / Cat Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet cats. / How Do You Know A Man That Really Loves You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.