Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Meet The Woman That Breast Feeds Her Monkey And Calls It Her Son - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Meet The Woman That Breast Feeds Her Monkey And Calls It Her Son (702 Views)

Policeman Orders Woman To Bare Her Breast In Public Or Be Arrested (photos) / Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey / RSS Feeds On Individual Topics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Woman That Breast Feeds Her Monkey And Calls It Her Son by coollifesgist: 5:48pm On Apr 13, 2013
Yes, I breastfeed him. He is my son,” says Namita, caressing the monkey.

More than four years ago, her woodcutter husband found a dying baby monkey under a tree after a fierce storm. He brought the animal home in Chandrapur village on the outskirts of the Udaipur town in Tripura’s South District.

“The monkey fell ill after the storm in which it lost its parents. I decided to bring him up with my daughters,” says Namita.

Sibling

Her daughters, Dipti and Tripiti, treat the monkey as a sibling.

“We tie rakhi (a sacred thread) on Buru’s wrists during the Indian festival when sisters wish their brothers well,” says Dipti, the elder of the two. Namita and her husband manage to earn around $100 together every month and barely manage to make ends meet.

But that does not deter Namita from spending to bring up the monkey. It is not uncommon for poor rural families in Tripura to keep pets, but Namita is visibly upset when a photographer calls the monkey a pet.

“This is not a pet, this is my son. Please get that right,” she insists. ”I did not have a son. God finally gave me one,” says Namita, as she continued to breastfeed the monkey.
CHECK lifesgists..com for the complete story and images
Re: Meet The Woman That Breast Feeds Her Monkey And Calls It Her Son by UjSizzle(f): 9:25am On Apr 14, 2013
Oh well, since we supposedly evolved from apes it's only fair we help our 'slow' brothers feel more human undecided.

Thank heavens we don't see such madness in Africa.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I'm In A Hurry / . / 7 Key Differences Between The Rich And The Poor ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.