Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey (37882 Views)

Police Arrest Rams For Attacking 65-Year-Old Woman In Ado-Ekiti / Another Rampaging Disease-sextape / Rampaging Soldiers Burn BRT Buses In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by MRLINGTON(m): 7:08am On Aug 18, 2014
Residents of Federal Housing Estate in Ado Ekiti and its environs have appealed to the state government to assist in taming a rampaging monkey in the area.

Report says the monkey, which was domesticated by its owner, escaped and terrorise the people of the area.

The fearful animal had caused panic by jumping fences, attacking women and children and seizing fruits from hawkers in the area any time of the day.

A resident in the area, Ajayi Abiodun, said it was about two weeks ago when a woman shouted she saw a monkey come out of a nearby bush around her house in the estate, adding, “Given her age, we believed her. Since then, we have been looking for it”.

He explained that officials of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) had visited the area many times when they were alerted but could neither kill nor catch the fearful animal.

Abiodun said: “Last Sunday, I invited officials of the Civil Defence Corps when I saw it on a tree. But before it could be shot, it dived into a compound and vanished. It comes and goes anytime and anyhow. Residents in the area especially around Plot Four have been seeing it. But no one has been able to arrest it”.

Appealing to the state government to support the NSCDC, Abiodun noted: “We wish government would come to our rescue. Last week, it attacked about two people around Covenant Academy and Housing Estate on Afao Road here”.

His words: “The monkey is real. There is no one in this area who can say he has not seen it. Children cannot play freely again and, women, especially ladies are being harassed by the monkey. This is a period of Ebola. Government should help us”.

Confirming the incidence, the Public Relations Officer of the Corps in the state, Tolulope Afolabi, maintained the Corps had made several attempts at killing the monkey to no avail.

Said Afolabi: “The species is different from the common small ones. It is big enough to cause anyone fears. It has been seen beside Covenant Academy and Upperland areas.”

Source:www.dailyindependentnig.com/2014/08/panic-ado-ekiti-rampaging-monkey/

4 Likes

Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by macsika: 7:27am On Aug 18, 2014
Supposing there was no ebola scare, most of them would have turned the monkey into a trophy searching for it day and night just to either sell it or convert it to meat.

Monkeys know they have the power do what they like so they're using the opportunity very well.

But that can't happen in igboland, even if it has hiv, that monkey is still valuable.

57 Likes

Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by Tolexander: 7:44am On Aug 18, 2014
Appealing to the state
government to support the
NSCDC, Abiodun noted: “We
wish government would come
to
our rescue. Last week, it
attacked about two people
around Covenant Academy
and
Housing Estate on Afao Road
here”.
appealing to the government to help the NSCDC in killing a monkey?

Dem no get odetode(hunters)?

21 Likes

Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by priscaoge(f): 7:59am On Aug 18, 2014
Pastors preached against kissing,touching and
romancing among unmarried people,but they
refused to listen. Now, Ebola is preaching it and
everybody is trembling with fear,even the sight of a monkey de make people piss for pant cheesy grin. People don't want to associate with monkeys anymore cheesy cheesy. Omo I no blame them jare, this Ebola na nightmare sad

7 Likes

Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by Tallesty1(m): 8:02am On Aug 18, 2014
A whole community cannot capture a monkey?

25 Likes

Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by BishopMagic: 8:42am On Aug 18, 2014
Yorubas can fear

106 Likes

Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by hatux: 10:01am On Aug 18, 2014
Just a monkey! cheesy funny thread

6 Likes

Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by 175(m): 10:14am On Aug 18, 2014
BishopMagic: Yorubas can fear

True! But in the time of contagious viruses, the destiny of a great tribe lies on the shoulder of one man. . . .his name's adEBOLA!!!

89 Likes

Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by Donfamous(m): 10:16am On Aug 18, 2014
Don't know what to type. Lmao

2 Likes

Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by ElFenomeno1: 10:16am On Aug 18, 2014
Tallesty1: A whole community cannot capture a monkey?

Maybe you can help them by heading down to the town to go and capture the insane monkey............

17 Likes

Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:24am On Aug 18, 2014
Tallesty1: A whole community cannot capture a monkey?
The fear of Ebola naa grin

2 Likes

Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by jmoore(m): 10:58am On Aug 18, 2014
Monkey drama.

This country got so much interesting stories.
They can catch a witch but can't catch a monkey.

18 Likes

Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by Tallesty1(m): 11:03am On Aug 18, 2014
BecaciaBarbie:
The fear of Ebola naa grin
hahahahaha.... I see?
Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by gsparks01(m): 11:07am On Aug 18, 2014
since when did monkey become a fearful animal??

6 Likes

Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by emeralddayo(f): 11:09am On Aug 18, 2014
[quote author=Tallesty1]A whole community cannot capture a monkey?[/quote if we can we wouldnt av askd for help...u can com over to help sha
Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by emeralddayo(f): 11:10am On Aug 18, 2014
gsparks01: since when did monkey become a fearful animal??
since wen it startd attacking people

3 Likes

Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by emeralddayo(f): 11:11am On Aug 18, 2014
fearless bishopmagic u can come over nd help capture it

3 Likes

Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by Tallesty1(m): 11:15am On Aug 18, 2014
[quote author=emeralddayo][/quote]Meet my P A, she wll tell what u ll need to do.
Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by Dreyl(m): 11:16am On Aug 18, 2014
Huh! Just a monkey
Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by emeralddayo(f): 11:19am On Aug 18, 2014
sometimes i cant help bt wonder why some grownups reason lik retarded fools....
Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by ibdeals1(m): 11:32am On Aug 18, 2014
ic angry
Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by Philipmems(m): 11:36am On Aug 18, 2014
grin
Ebola on rampage
grin
Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by Tolexander: 12:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
gsparks01: since when did monkey become a fearful animal??
exactly my question when i read the enugu state house thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1862257/gov-chimes-ostrich-monkey-attack

5 Likes

Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by Tolexander: 12:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
na the same yoruba dey live for enugu state government house.
https://www.nairaland.com/1862257/gov-chimes-ostrich-monkey-attack

10 Likes

Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by cirmuell(m): 12:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
grin
Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by Tallesty1(m): 12:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
emeralddayo: taaarh!!!
I tat you need my help?
Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by emeralddayo(f): 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
Tallesty1: I tat you need my help?
nt me bt d community
Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by Tallesty1(m): 12:31pm On Aug 18, 2014
emeralddayo: nt me bt d community
ait, tell the elders to meet my P A
Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by WoodcrestMayor(m): 12:40pm On Aug 18, 2014
Something tells me the monkey has godzilla's build undecided

1 Like

Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by SporaD8: 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2014
propably a Baboon not a Monkey.
Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by emeralddayo(f): 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
Tallesty1: ait, tell the elders to meet my P A
P.A my foot..
Re: Panic In Ado-ekiti Over Rampaging Monkey by priscaoge(f): 2:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
Who wan catch Ebola grin The fear of Ebola

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LASEMA Rescues Woman Trapped In Mud Under Third Mainland Bridge / Difference between A Santa Claus and A Father Christmas (Photos) / 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.