Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Lessons From Uefa Cup Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lessons From Uefa Cup Final (1271 Views)

Leo Messi With Uefa Cup While Eating Breakfast / Exodus Of English Teams From Uefa / UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by Akolawole(m): 9:35pm On May 10, 2006
Is this a final match with basket of goals?

Spanish team against English team.

Is this the First leg of next Week's Match in Paris?

Middlesborogh 0 Vs Seville 4.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4759555.stm

What do think?

Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by mukina2: 9:42pm On May 10, 2006
nooooooooooooooo imao
barca cant .wont.even do dat to us cus we are goin to win maybe borough didnt da dere homwework well
we are the mighty gunners remember
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by vichel(m): 9:58pm On May 10, 2006
u know english teams can't win both of them, so one team has to loose one, amd boro just didi the honors, so come may17th we the Gunners are going to make it even. Now if u believe that let me hear u shout HELL YEAH!!!  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by mukina2: 10:04pm On May 10, 2006
[color=#990000][/color]HELL YEAH wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by vichel(m): 10:10pm On May 10, 2006
Now that's the spirit cheesy
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by jagenne(m): 10:16pm On May 10, 2006
All y'all should expect the same result.
Arsenal 0-4 Barcelona.

The UEFA cup final is just an evidence the Spanish league is much stronger than the English Premiership.
Barcelona will tear Arsenal into shreds.
Mark ma words.
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by twinstaiye(m): 10:28pm On May 10, 2006
You dont win all the time, you win some, you lose some.
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by vichel(m): 10:30pm On May 10, 2006
jagenne:

All y'all should expect the same result.
Arsenal 0-4 Barcelona.

The UEFA cup final is just an evidence the Spanish league is much stronger than the English Premiership.
Barcelona will tear Arsenal into shreds.
Mark ma words.

u don't even know nothin about football if u think the spanish la liga is better than the english premiership
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by Jackal(m): 11:32pm On May 10, 2006
Only a fool does not know the Spanish La Liga is better than The English Premiership.

The English Premiership only comes atop when it comes to organisation and stuffs because a lot of money is spent on the league but the quality of football is better in La Liga.

2 seasons ago,Arsenal went unbeaten in a full season of 38 games. This simply shows a weakness in the English league. It will never happen in La Liga because the difference between the bottom team and the top teams aint large like we have in the English league.

The difference between the top 4 teams in the England and the others is annoyingly humungous. The Premiership can never change. Arsenal, Chelsea, Man utd and Liverpool will continue to dominate the league till Kingdom come.
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by Akolawole(m): 12:24am On May 11, 2006
More pic:

Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by spikelord(m): 1:02am On May 11, 2006
We are lifting that trophy Hate it or Love it!! grin grin grin
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by debosky(m): 1:14am On May 11, 2006
I'm sure Wenger was watching the game and has learnt a few lessons from it. The best team will win on the 17th, will it be Arsenal? i hope so, but i just want to enjoy the game. It definitely won't end 4-0, unless Barca is on the receiveing end, (remember they're the only one to lose by that margin in a CL final). Go Gunners Go!!
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by Skintite(f): 10:33am On May 11, 2006
Lesson for wenger? nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

We wud do the reverse
we wud do england proud!
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by Priscila(f): 10:50am On May 11, 2006
I must post on this.
I just felt sorry for Steve Mc Laren. What a sad farewell from middle brough?
England must be in doubt about his coaching!

At club level, being white washed into a 4-0 hiding was a moment of disappointment.

Lessons here are!
1. If someone is injured, he must be left out.
Look at what that masked goalie did! he was protecting himself from more injuries and cared less about the goals.
2. I think an angel we know is better than a devil we don't know. Its not better trying new players in a major match.
3. Strikers should also be defenders not like that match It was like Sevilla were eleven against four. Middle strikers were spectating and enjoying as their four defenders were being tormented. Very selfish players!
4.Another final lesson is that La liga is the best. middle have rocked very big teams in England and that 4-0 rout to them by no 6 sevilla is embarrassing!
Yakubu pitch entry killed Middle completely. Some subs are not good as per the situation
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by vichel(m): 5:10pm On May 11, 2006
Jackal:

Only a fool does not know the Spanish La Liga is better than The English Premiership.

The English Premiership only comes atop when it comes to organisation and stuffs because a lot of money is spent on the league but the quality of football is better in La Liga.

2 seasons ago,Arsenal went unbeaten in a full season of 38 games. This simply shows a weakness in the English league. It will never happen in La Liga because the difference between the bottom team and the top teams aint large like we have in the English league.

The difference between the top 4 teams in the England and the others is annoyingly humungous. The Premiership can never change. Arsenal, Chelsea, Man utd and Liverpool will continue to dominate the league till Kingdom come.

Did u just read ur post. Football is business, it deals with passion, and the fans are a big part of it. Now if think the premiership has more of these than the la liga, then the premiership is definitely better, and i say it is the best league in the word. What ever counter claim u've got bring it on.
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by Akolawole(m): 12:21am On May 12, 2006
Na wa o.

Fatique is one of the reason why they lost woefully.
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by sage(m): 1:51am On May 12, 2006
Only goes to show that the EPL is so much hype
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by Swish(m): 9:38am On May 12, 2006
Simple. Sevilla was ready for the big occasion. They were more co-ordinated. Boro struggled to settle into the game truout the whole 90 minutes. Passing, tackling, they were just not in there.
Never go into a big game without full confidence:Lesson 101.
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by babaragold(f): 11:13am On May 12, 2006
but which thourough football analyst cannot see that la liga is stronger, intereting and intertaining than anyother? no one is totally saying that eng premiership is not strong. but there is just one truth. that, the strong and high quality league is tha spanish la liga. so, that is the more reason why Barca FC is going to crush arsenal from england. come may 17 to grab tha eufa cup. though they both seem to have same play style, but the master must be known on that day. and certainly it is going tobe barca to carry the master's crown on that day. and that will be called the EUFA cup lesson learnt by arsenal from their supperior FC barca.
WHO WANTS TO DENY? grin
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by Skintite(f): 12:24pm On May 12, 2006
@babaragold
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by 4Play(m): 4:46pm On May 12, 2006
because the Final is a one-off match anything can happen but I still think that Barca will prove to be too strong for Arsenal .My prediction is 3-1 to Braca.The premiership stiil has a long way to go catch up with La Liga as Boro showed on Wednesday but in 5 to 10 years it will probably become the best because of the financial resources available in the Premiership.
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by Grizzly(m): 10:34pm On May 12, 2006
Learnt spanish clubs are "dont play around"[color=#990000][/color] xpecially in finals, tongue tongue tongue cool
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by Skintite(f): 11:09am On May 13, 2006
We will see about that in a few days tongue
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by vichel(m): 4:47pm On May 13, 2006
u guyz simply amaze me when i hear u compare la liga to premiership, well i have notin else to say but wait till may17th and lets see if barca can really put up a challenge against the gunners.
Re: Lessons From Uefa Cup Final by Fimmy(m): 5:39pm On May 13, 2006
debosky:

I'm sure Wenger was watching the game and has learnt a few lessons from it. The best team will win on the 17th, will it be Arsenal? i hope so, but i just want to enjoy the game. It definitely won't end 4-0, unless Barca is on the receiveing end, (remember they're the only one to lose by that margin in a CL final). Go Gunners Go!!

(1) (Reply)

2006 World Cup Quiz By The British Council / Is This Chelsea's New Away Jersey? / Ayc Final:nigeria Vs Cameroun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.