Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 (4330 Views)

Poll: Which team will win the UEFA cup?

Zenith St. Petersburg: 76% (10 votes)
Rangers: 23% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Classic Zenit St Petersburg Team Photo / Transfer News: Tiago Mendes Turns Down Monaco And Zenit To Rejoin Chelsea / 'No Black Or Gay Players' Say Zenit St Petersburg Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by FOD(m): 7:35pm On May 01, 2008
Bayern crashed out of the UEFA CUP SF 5 - 1 on aggregate, so Zenit are through to their first ever european final.

Rangers also went through on penalties.

The final takes place on the 14th of May.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by tosinadeda: 9:00pm On May 01, 2008
they were lucky to get to this stage, getafe should av knocked them out in the previous round
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by ritchboy(m): 10:05pm On May 01, 2008
tosinadeda:

they were lucky to get to this stage, getafe should av knocked them out in the previous round

they were also very fortunate to win the german cup, dortmund ran them ragged for most of the game.

where is dayokanu grin
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by Ibime(m): 10:54pm On May 01, 2008
Somebody needs to do a study on Zenith St Petersburg style of play. I also saw their 4-1 win over Leverkusen in Germany and they were rampant.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by Akolawole(m): 12:16am On May 02, 2008
DayoKanu has to go on holiday for a while o. grin
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by pahtahkee: 1:22am On May 02, 2008
What a shame on Bayern with the way dayokanu makes his charade about them. angry grin grin
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 6:38am On May 02, 2008
Well cowardice is not one of my attribute.

Last nite was hell but you know shit happens particularly in this UEFA cup. The small clubs are always fired up for it.
Last nite we put up a shocking display

Those that are not new to European football would remember when Celta Vigo eliminated Juve scoring 4 goals in the process with Zidane , Del piero, Inzaghi and Kovacevic on parade. Some years back also AC Milan conceeded 4 goals on their way out of the UEFA cup. with Maldini, Stam? Shevchenko and co

Well Shit happens
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by presido1: 8:59am On May 02, 2008
@Dayokanu,
If it happens to other big club will accept it that shit happens.
Bayern Looked like Nasarawa United last nite.
Couldn't beleive it ma self but all the same
its Rangers V Zenit, for eastland.
Man United is Heading to Moscow while Zenit is heading to Manchester.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by nyabinghi(m): 9:29am On May 02, 2008
dayokanu, dayokanu bayen were kayoed by the russians, sorry brother so u now know that shit happens. When last was united thrashed 4-0. I can't remember both in europe and in the EPL.
if Bayern is to do well next season, lots of work has to be done. I now believe the Bundesliga is crap.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by loyika(m): 9:50am On May 02, 2008
Dayo tongue

Its good you are getting a taste of what you dish out, sometimes i wonder if you think Football is mathematics with all you rantings on whom you consider a big club or not (You still had to shame yourself by bringing up Juve and AC Milan in this piece embarassed).

THIS SHOULD TEACH YOU A LESSON ON RESPECTING OTHER LEAUGES/CLUBS!!

I remember when Arsenal were tonked by Spurs, we couldn't get you off our backs with your constant bunkumery, now your almight Bayern get tonked (almost got thrashed by Getafe embarassed If only they had the maturity to kill off the game embarassed) with a sound beating by a relatively unknown club (if they are known in Russian is your business) and all we hear is SH@T HAPPENS!?

You can say that again Nazi, SH@T HAPPENED TO YOUR TEAM!! (Sh@t has been happening to your team for a while now ), but then again you will come out to say, WE WON THE GERMAN CUP And the Bundesliga As Nyabinghi noted, WHAT A CRAPPY LEAGUE!!

At least we can hear word for a while, but knowing who you are, the silence might end soon tongue tongue

cool GOONER 89

P.S. Today will be dedicated officially on NL as "DAYOKANU DAY!" so everyone can drop their condolences for you. This thread will be bumped up all through out the day grin grin.

So fellow NL, lets give Dayo all our support on his day grin Comments pls.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 10:06am On May 02, 2008
@Nyabinghi,
Remember Chelsea brushing man Utd i think 5-0 some years back.

If you beleive the Bundesliga is crap because of the result of just one game then you would beleive anything. Reigning and defending Spanish Champions Real Madrid were bundled out of Europe losing home and away.
Reigning and defending Italian Champions were bundled out losing home and away.

We have had Real losing 3-0 in UCL in recent times. We have had AC Milan lose 4-0 in UCL in recent times.

In UEFA cup upsets like that have happened before to Big teams But I would rather lose 4-0 to Zenit than lose 2-0 to Man Utd.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 10:13am On May 02, 2008
Milan's humiliation in the UEFA cup of 2002 preceeded their UCL triumph of 2003 so I beleive GREAT things lie ahead next season.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by nyabinghi(m): 10:24am On May 02, 2008
Dayokanu,

man u lost 5-0 to chelsea in 1999 that we won the treble, i said in recent times thats what i said. bayern would be worse off in the UCl next season if care is not taken.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by mavtrevor(m): 10:41am On May 02, 2008
Why do we crack our heads for Bayern, the Bundesliga is an equivalent of our local league. Bayern got thrashed,yea, shit happens,and what? Someone'll have to lose for the other to win,i am tired of the way we support football, you can lose by a wide margin today and win next time with it, or haven't Bayern won a match with 4-0? Whats the big deal that they lost 4-0?

I will love us to change our orientation about the way we support football, if a club must win to retain its fans, then nobody will watch clubs like Derby etc. Supporting football is a thing of chioce,plz we dont have to cruxify someone cos a team he supports lost a match.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by loyika(m): 10:47am On May 02, 2008
Dayo tongue

Stop that silly habit of mentioning other teams performances, ITS EMBARRASSING!

Just deal with Bayern's failure and hope to make things right in the UCL next season, instead of consoling yourself with; "Milan was beaten reh! Reh! Reh!!"

Bayern M were tonked on the night by a plucky newbie, the best teams have off days, so why should BM be immuned

In short angry, at this juncture i would ask that you stop posting in this thread. Let other NL members come and give their views on B Munich's performance grin Just sit back and take it like a man, afterall by the end of the day it will all be over, and you can get back to your "So and so are not a big club!" rants, for which we know and love you for grin grin

grin GOONER 89
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by McOmo(m): 10:54am On May 02, 2008
ha ha ha ha ha grin grin grin

Dayo tongue

u are a bloody pillock . . .shameless one at that cool

u suppose suspend urself from Nairaland for a whole week . . . .

Bayern got thumped 4-0 and u still get liver to show face for here shocked shocked NUISANCE !!! tongue tongue

where were ur so called mega-stars

and now u remember teams fall hard eh IDIOT grin grin

@LOYIKA

he had it coming all along . . .remember what u told me during the Getafe match . . .NOW HIS TIME HAS COME TO CONSUME HIS OWN SH@T !!!

OH YEAH . . .SHIT HAPPENS ****whats new ?**** grin
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by loyika(m): 11:00am On May 02, 2008
Mavtrevor

Far from it mate, we are not against Dayo supporting anyone. We are just giving him a taste of what he dishes out, i would believe everyone knows those facts, even Mr Dayo K, but he usually has amnesia when ever someone else's club gets tonked.

Imagine if Arsenal were beaten by that team shocked Dayo would bring the house down with posts, so if he can dish it, he should be prepared to eat it as well.

Anyways, its all for fun grin grin

cool GOONER 89

P.S. Who would you expect folks living in Derby to support again mate Teams in London!? If you didn't know, those teams started off as local teams, and started growing from there, so there is always a local element of fans that were born and bred with those teams, so it would be silly to think they could some how start supporting another team from God knows where, so your point (concerning scorelines) doesn't really hold water (they might admire another team, and have them as their second team, but their loyalty will still be for their local team).

Its like someone being a naija person, even if you get citizenship (whether by birth or acquired) for jand, dem white guys will still see you as an African, its only for your fellow Kunta Kinte brothers that you can come and pose that you are a citizen of so and so grin grin
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by loyika(m): 11:07am On May 02, 2008
Kit grin

No mind am jo tongue He think say Football na by mouth grin grin

I am sure Rikky Ricardo is also sweating hard incase SAF's boys bottle it going into the final lap like Lewis Hamilton grin grin cause he knows he will have to open another "Tomfoolery Thread" for himself if that happens grin grin

We shall see lipsrsealed

How Eko jo!? Una don begin your "Mega city" project grin You guys should start the "Meganess" from Mushin oh, no be for V.I. and Ikoyi where una go start dey do "Mega". As Fanta would say; "Share the fun, where ever you are!!" grin grin

grin GOONER 89
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by McOmo(m): 11:16am On May 02, 2008
@oga loyika

not to worry, eko o ni baje wink

u can ask dayokanu to interprete that for u just in case . . . .

funniest thing, he is the GM in charge of the Mega city project cheesy

chei Nairaland is blessed with notable nigerians grin
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by loyika(m): 11:32am On May 02, 2008
shocked cheesy

Na wa oh!! if Dayo is in charge, Julius Berger will get all the construction contracts grin grin Them being German and all grin

grin GOONER 89
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by McOmo(m): 11:57am On May 02, 2008
u can say that again grin cheesy grin

Dayo K is the GM of the Megacity project . . .that explains why we tow the same lines atimes . . . .save for his bundesliga cr@p grin

AC . . .DEMOCRACY FOREVER wink grin

Dayo . .where the f@ck are u angry
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by DaJunta(m): 2:36pm On May 02, 2008
shocked shocked shocked

Wonders shall never end grin grin
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by Jackal1(m): 3:02pm On May 02, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

Are u a mega-idiot?

Anytime your team gets walloped, u always come here to say Milan was beaten in 1895 and Juventus was beaten in 1438.
You are a stupid twit and what comes out of your mouth is deadly enough to make biological weapons.

Bayern couldn't make the UCL this season and they were demoted to play in the UEFA cup. . . .One would expect the German giants to prove their worth in a lowly rated competition but what do we see? They lost a S/final game against St Petersburg of Russia. . . Pathetic!!!

I cannot imagine United, Arsenal, Chelsea or the Scousers crashing out to a team in Russia. . . .If u had crashed out on goals difference, aggregate or the odd goal, it woulda been different. . . .Bayern were beaten to a pulp. . . .Phillip Lahm is the wackest full-back in Europe. The Argy winger kept leaving him flat-footed each time they square up. . . . . .Ottmar Shitzfeld should be sacked. . . .Bayern should be disbanded.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by tosinadeda: 3:26pm On May 02, 2008
Did any1 notice how pathetic vieri was for fiorentina ystday?
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by Jackal1(m): 3:32pm On May 02, 2008
@ Tosinadeda,

He wasn't pathetic.
Fiorentina tried to win the game. . . . .Rangers were too defensive.
When Vieri came in, there was little he could do. . . . apart from the moment the ball got stuck under his leg, and the penalty miss.
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, anyone can miss a penalty. . . .The best player in the world missed his penalty at Canp Nou last week so what gives!!!!
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by tosinadeda: 4:06pm On May 02, 2008
He kept putting the ball high over the bar even his pk was the same.
Was dissapointed fiorentina didnt qualify,dey played the best footie on d night
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 8:25pm On May 02, 2008
Mc ,

Eko o le baje lai lai.

See insult ,

Bi iya nla ba gbe ni san le kerere a ma gori eni If a big trouble should bring you down small one would march over you.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by 4Play(m): 8:34pm On May 02, 2008
@Dayokanu

You are comparing the defeats of Juve and Milan by Celta Vigo and Deportivo-teams which were at the time,top 4 clubs in La Liga-to a 4-0 defeat at the hands of a Russian club?

How can you compare Deportivo/Celta of those days to Zenith St Petersburg.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by Ibime(m): 9:31pm On May 02, 2008
Whoa - you guys should not be calling Zenith a rubbish team. They are Russian Champions, they beat Leverkusen 4-1 in Germany and they have also knocked out Villarreal and Marseille so I cannot say that I am too surprised that they beat Bayern.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dangermous: 9:57pm On May 02, 2008
4 Play:

@Dayokanu

You are comparing the defeats of Juve and Milan by Celta Vigo and Deportivo-teams which were at the time,top 4 clubs in La Liga-to a 4-0 defeat at the hands of a Russian club?

How can you compare Deportivo/Celta of those days to Zenith St Petersburg.

I guess if Dayokanu watched a lot of football, he would have brought up Barca's defeat at the hands of D.Kiev 4-0 in the Nou camp. shocked

So its not that shocking a defeat.

Jackal.:

@ Dayokanu,

I cannot imagine United, Arsenal, Chelsea or the Scousers crashing out to a team in Russia. . . .If u had crashed out on goals difference, aggregate or the odd goal, it woulda been different. . . .Bayern were beaten to a pulp. . . .Phillip Lahm is the wackest full-back in Europe. The Argy winger kept leaving him flat-footed each time they square up. . . . . .Ottmar Shitzfeld should be sacked. . . .Bayern should be disbanded.

Up until this century, English teams, particularly United and Arsenal struggled in the Champions league losing to some very average teams from Denmark to Turkey.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 10:48am On May 03, 2008
@4play,

When Celta Vigo eliminated Juve they were not a top 4 team they met in the UEFA cup in 2000 I think and like Dangermous said, Dynamo Kiev walloped a lot of Big teams that time

Up until this century, English teams, particularly United and Arsenal struggled in the Champions league losing to some very average teams from Denmark to Turkey.

Tell them oh, even this century in a season Bayer Leverkusen eliminated all EPL representative in the UCL of 2002, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd fell to Leverkusen for those keen on league supremacy what do you have to say to that?
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by 4Play(m): 11:33am On May 03, 2008
dayokanu:

Tell them oh,

What is the difference between dayokanu and dangermous? grin

The previous season,both Celta and Juve finished 5th in La Liga and Serie A respectively so it was a bit like a meeting of equals.Unless you are saying that the Russian league is on par with the Bundesliga,there is a big difference between a walloping at the hands of a La Liga team and one at the hands of a Russian team. shocked

How can you compare Lobanovsky's great Kiev team to Zenith St Petersburg.Even that Kiev team never slaughtered Bayern of those days.

Who does Leverkusen's freakish exploits 6 years ago have to do with Bayern's humiliation in Russia?This is the same Bayern team that you claim is better than Manchester United and one of the best in Europe and yet you are humbled by a Russian club. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 Copa America: Argentina Defeat Venezuela, To Play Brazil In Semi-final / 1.8M Signatures For Haaland To Be Deported From England. / Floyd Mayweather Dress Like A Muslim Chick To Donald Trump Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.