Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,957 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria (14442 Views)

Ibrahim Magu: Fight Against Corruption Has Just Started And Corruption Knows It. / AIT Documentary On Tinubu: Lion Of Bourdillion (Videos) / PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by eduson33(m): 7:09am On Apr 14, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVq10BwzQoI

This Brought Tears To My Eyes!

How long shall we remain like this?

Documentary Featurette about the culture of greed and corruption in Nigeria articulated through the Fuel Subsidy Scam of 2011.

A film by Ishaya Bako supported by the Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA).

read the comments below this video!

7 Likes

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by liloelawwal(m): 8:38am On Apr 14, 2013
i was close to tears when i saw the documentry.the amala iya iyabo prepared 4 me i couldnt eat it

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by eduson33(m): 9:05am On Apr 14, 2013
this is terrible.
i wish someone can spread this message more than i.
people are dying,people are seriously suffering..kai!
liloelawwal: i was close to tears when i saw the documentry.the amala iya iyabo prepared 4 me i couldnt eat it
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by omenka(m): 9:41am On Apr 14, 2013
@OP, please can you post it in such a manner one could download?

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by eduson33(m): 10:00am On Apr 14, 2013
uum,
if you are using a pc,
goto this site http://keepvid.com/ and paste the link for download
omenka: @OP, please can you post it in such a manner one could download?
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by buchaino4NL: 10:02am On Apr 14, 2013
OP please edit and broadcast this message..

not everytime tonto and nonsense pix

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by missmoneygram: 10:03am On Apr 14, 2013
i wonder if this will ever hit frontpage
buchaino4NL: OP please edit and broadcast this message..

not everytime tonto and nonsense pix
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by sagytariusTM1: 10:33am On Apr 14, 2013
embarassed OP,
E go beta.

7 Likes

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 14, 2013
eduson33: This Brought Tears To My Eyes!

Documentary Featurette about the culture of greed and corruption in Nigeria articulated through the Fuel Subsidy Scam of 2011.

A film by Ishaya Bako supported by the Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LVq10BwzQoI

read the comments below this video!
femi falana said it all

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by missmoneygram: 11:09am On Apr 14, 2013
not funny bra!

get up before it gets to you..

sagytarius™:
embarassed OP,
E go beta.

4 Likes

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by buchaino4NL: 11:11am On Apr 14, 2013
some people will never learn!
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Chemical2(m): 11:42am On Apr 14, 2013
Which kind life. Why suffer in the midst of plenty?
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by aminho(m): 11:44am On Apr 14, 2013
You see ur life always talking abot the bad site of 9ja

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 14, 2013
NIGERIA: ST.U.PID PEOPLE, DUMB NATION, BANANA REPUBLIC!

4 Likes

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 14, 2013
aminho: You see ur life always talking abot the bad site of 9ja
_
What should we talk about? Ode! Oloshi! Anu mpama!

2 Likes

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 14, 2013
Learnt the video was banned? Now i know why.

But after watchn the video wat next?? Continue as if nothing happened?? Mehn Nigeria is fvcked
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by PeeDaVinci: 11:56am On Apr 14, 2013
firstly, i would like to commend the effort of the ishayo bako for producing this documentary, it shows the plight of nigerians - suffering in the midst of plenty.
however, despite the fact that i hate gej and pdp govt, i would like to say here that the documentary facts and analysis are not detailed for a thorough argument, and it does not attempt to present a balanced argument(e.g from pple pro-govt). it also did not provide possible solutions to the problems it highlighted. it however, succeeded in appealing to emotions (the essence of politics).
note that i am not excusing the monumental failure of the retardeen on the throne.

3 Likes

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by oluwatoyosi1: 11:57am On Apr 14, 2013
aminho: You see ur life always talking abot the bad site of 9ja

YES, let's talk about it! I'm sure you didn't watch the video. This is not time to show your stupid patrotism, its a wake up call to everyone. Heard the government ban the video from circulating. SMH4N

2 Likes

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nightshift(m): 11:57am On Apr 14, 2013
Nigeria is a big irony: few flashy vehicles on our roads, expensive private jets owned by some elites and mansions in choicest districts of our cities blinds some shallow minded individuals to the reality on the ground. There is much more brutal poverty in Nigeria than the ruling parties and their apologists are willing to accept. All these poverty thanks to what we are operating in this country - corruption incorporated!

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
Tot this video was banned? I am lost for words. If only all the thugs we have as rulers instead of leaders will just go extinct in one day.
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by wowo2: 12:18pm On Apr 14, 2013
This is very good...We need people to connect the dots and let the citizens and especially the leaders/rulers see the cause and effect relationship of corruption and poverty.
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by slimfit1(m): 12:20pm On Apr 14, 2013
The poor should fight for themselves it's about time everybody should be an activist not a selection of very few. We need mass activist not micro activist.

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by chessguru1(m): 12:21pm On Apr 14, 2013
Was J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ reading "Animal Farm" by George Orwell the other day, and was J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ blown away by how much the book seemed to be talking about nigeria.
How the pigs dumbfounded and enslaved the other animals for years. while pigs did no work and got fatter, the rest of the animals slaved for the pigs (thinking they were doing it for themselves).
Certain characters in the book really got my attention
1)"Snowball" - an example of the type of positive leader that can never be allowed to surface in our country (he was almost assassinated in the story)
2)"Napoleon"- despotic abacha-like kind of ruler that nigeria has suffered from through out her history.
3)"Squealer"- reminds me of people like Ruben Abati, Labaran Maku et al. Highly intelligent people whose primary job is never to lie!! But rather to paint the truth in all shades of color using outstanding intellect and arguments and confuse the less intelligent masses.
4) "the 4 smaller pigs that objected" - these pigs objected the new and harsh deviations the despot Napoleon initiated. They were consequently slaughtered. They represent d faith of anyone within the inner caucus that suddenly develops a conscience.

7 Likes

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 12:21pm On Apr 14, 2013
Very touching. Change is gonna come,one way or another.

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by akinalabi(m): 12:28pm On Apr 14, 2013
eduson33:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVq10BwzQoI

This Brought Tears To My Eyes!

I dont get how this would bring tears to anyone's eyes. Ok. The guy that was killed. Watching gruesome murder is always touching.

But generally, rehashing the whole subsidy issue is not worth my 29 minutes.
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Mrevildoer(m): 12:29pm On Apr 14, 2013
NIGERIA GO BETA!!!
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 14, 2013
What's this?
We are seriously in captive by greed of our leaders.
God please save our soul.
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by slimfit1(m): 12:30pm On Apr 14, 2013
Nightshift: Nigeria is a big irony: few flashy vehicles on our roads, expensive private jets owned by some elites and mansions in choicest districts of our cities blinds some shallow minded individuals to the reality on the ground. There is much more brutal poverty in Nigeria than the ruling parties and their apologists are willing to accept. All these poverty thanks to what we are operating in this country - corruption incorporated!

The poor should fight for themselves don't always expect other people to fight on your behave or for you.
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by honestivo(m): 12:36pm On Apr 14, 2013
Plß docu is nt danloadn
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 14, 2013
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by caustical: 12:45pm On Apr 14, 2013
Very touching documentary............one day some day Nigerians shall take this no more
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 12:54pm On Apr 14, 2013
[size=18pt]But the poor are the most ungrateful people in Nigeria.
It is not worth it doing your best to help them.
Lest we forget, majority of the greediest and most corrupt people in government came from poor families. I have a theory that their fears of insecurity and poverty are responsible for their abnormal greed that makes them corrupt.[/size]

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Micheal Chinda Discharged From Hospital ( Photo ) / Adamawa Now Free Of Boko Haram — Nigerian Army / Suhaila Zakzaky: El-zakzaky Could Die Of Lead Poisoning - Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.