Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria (14440 Views)

Ibrahim Magu: Fight Against Corruption Has Just Started And Corruption Knows It. / AIT Documentary On Tinubu: Lion Of Bourdillion (Videos) / PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by eduson33(m): 7:16pm On Apr 14, 2013
look at this man

remove it for whatzi?

dont provoke me oo
informatix: This Film have been Banned by National film and Video Cencorship Board. Nairaland please remove this link. Bako himself is already under surveilance by DSS.
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Dacore: 7:36pm On Apr 14, 2013
Nigeria...a country ruled by monkeys dressed like humans. Nigerians always saying GOD will resolve, yet things get worse day by day. The numbers of rich pastors is on the rise everyday....to whom do these pastors pray...because i don,t think their prayers are answered for nigeria to continue in this situation it is today. Nigerians have no courage to do what it takes to turn the table around. In the past 20 years ou more...there was no president that did right for the people. The truth is that corruption is so deep in the nigerian culture that it will be almost impossible to govern nigeria with out being part of it. Cutting this short....The Nigerian story is that type of hollywood movie that makes you cry in the end. Nigeria does not need to break down completely for people to see that the situation is critical. As the common Nigerian man talks...GOD DEY.
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by nep2ra(m): 7:40pm On Apr 14, 2013
informatix: This Film have been Banned by National film and Video Cencorship Board. Nairaland please remove this link. Bako himself is already under surveilance by DSS.

Let the Federal Government go phuck itself. Nairaland ain't removing nothing. This video will spread like wildfire and I will do my bit to make sure it spreads far and wide.

2 Likes

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by eduson33(m): 7:50pm On Apr 14, 2013
thats ma mahn..
nep2ra:

Let the Federal Government go phuck itself. Nairaland ain't removing nothing. This video will spread like wildfire and I will do my bit to make sure it spreads far and wide.

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by nep2ra(m): 7:55pm On Apr 14, 2013
ade2008: Ive not been able to watch that video but one thing i know is that nothing is new in that. We have been seeing so many wierd things all around us more than what uve seen. its only GOD that can save us. There is nothing we can do, we are powerless. Even if u make people see reasons why we have to fight for our right some will use religion to counter u. Let us see it as our own fate and continue praying for this country .

The bold part makes me sick to my stomach. I feel like throwing up.

It's time we realize the Jewish and Arab gods are laughing hard at us. We have become an object of entertainment in heaven. Even Satan joins in the fun. If these gods ever gave Nigerians a brain, then they are wondering how come they fail to use it.

It is weaklings and superstitious dorks like ade2008 that deserve the suffering they receive in Nigeria. We live as slaves in our country and not as free borns. God will NOT save us. We will save ourselves when we realize we have the POWER to change things in our country.

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Dacore: 8:10pm On Apr 14, 2013
It is something when a country that has 20 million people breaks down for what ever reasons (corruption/tribilism/war/unemployment/poverty) as we have been seeing recently. Nigeria has 150 million people as today. If this country one day really breaks down...Africa as a whole will be in trouble too. So these leaders ruling Nigeria should think right and act now.....the time for the talking has gone...the time to act is now...i mean now and not tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by successcertain: 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2013
Time for serious uprising and gun circulatory for those interested in putting an end to the black vampires government and their horrible accent while spending pronouncing and sharing billions like it was nothing. We shall start by killing off the men in black and bombing whoever tries to stop us from doing the right thing. We will crush them to pieces from the ground to the top, the mend,massob and book haram, jtf will be killed too because they are all dangerous to a new world order.
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Yujin(m): 9:18pm On Apr 14, 2013
After watching the documentary, get emotional and after a while go back to your default state.
Nigerians have seen nothing yet. Such a revolution most of the youths crave CAN NEVER happen under the present political structure. If the parrots here are serious, organise and go after the past leaders that embezzled the common wealth. Most of them are alive(Shagari, Obasanjo, IBB etc. and they have lesser security. This will pass a strong message to the present ones and may likely cause a change. Is this possible? NO.
Let those who believe in Nigeria go out first and die for it in their large numbers, then those of us who do not believe in it can be convinced that indeed many people really want a positive change for EVERYONE irrespective of tribe, region or religion. Meanwhile, no Igbo man whether from SE/SS should join the first batch of revolutionist lest some people turn around when the heat is on and label you a felon as was the case before. Anyone who has been stung by a bee before becomes cautious when a big housefly appears. We are watching.

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by frond: 10:08pm On Apr 14, 2013
liloelawwal: i was close to tears when i saw the documentry.the amala iya iyabo prepared 4 me i couldnt eat it
na lie!
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 10:40pm On Apr 14, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]But the poor are the most ungrateful people in Nigeria.
It is not worth it doing your best to help them.
Lest we forget, majority of the greediest and most corrupt people in government came from poor families. I have a theory that their fears of insecurity and poverty are responsible for their abnormal greed that makes them corrupt.[/size]

Food for thought. undecided
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by okparafestus: 6:52am On Apr 15, 2013
Nigeria is a premature baby or better still a child of circumstancy
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Litmus: 11:43am On Apr 15, 2013
successcertain: Time for serious uprising and gun circulatory for those interested in putting an end to the black vampires government and their horrible accent while spending pronouncing and sharing billions like it was nothing. We shall start by killing off the men in black and bombing whoever tries to stop us from doing the right thing. We will crush them to pieces from the ground to the top, the mend,massob and book haram, jtf will be killed too because they are all dangerous to a new world order.

Hmm...let me ask you this, the poor in India are even more wretched than the poor of Nigeria and yet the Indian state is light years ahead of the Nigerian state.If the poor of India do as you advocate do you believe that their lot will improve or be worst in the next decade?
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by sportlover: 11:54am On Apr 15, 2013
Everything that was shown in this video is all we nigerians fault, from our forefather's,grand parents,our parents and finally you and me.
How can we say its the government fault wasn't you that voted them into office with your thumb during the election. Then why complain or have we forgotten the fuel subsidy scandal,police sense less killing and corruption,presidential pardons to corrupt govt officals and terrorists.
It all we nigerians fault. Once you hve a job that earns you N250,000 what is happening in the country doesnot consign you because of N2.6 million Naira per annual. Rubbish you forget there are no good roads,poor health sector,no electricity,insecurity,poor education. All you do is send your kids aboard forgetting that those counties had similar problems but the citizens stood up to fit it. Let ask American how they did it and they said "Ask not what your country can do for but what you can do for your country". How many nigerians are ready to do the right thing let us be sincere to answer this question.
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by mankand(m): 11:55am On Apr 15, 2013
What a shame. Are Nigerians ready to take their destiny back?
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by leverage12(m): 12:35pm On Apr 15, 2013
Well as for me what I will say is that Nigeria CHANGE stands with EVERY MAN, be it Citizen or President, Nigeria can only change with you and I having honest and God fearing mind. Unless we do this-Nigerians will always be feel empty, unless we are our brothers keeper, we will always FEEL EMPTY. How I wish am capable of changing things alone, but am not, I can only do my best and leave the rest for others. God help us
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
Okay I didn't watch the video but read the comments and as usual the government receive the most blame.

Funny cos Libyans, tunis and egyptians toppled down a corrupt government and have more negative than positive aftermath.

You and I are the government: whenever you watch such documentary don't just point to him there, point to yourself too. Stop calling THAT MAN/EVERYMAN, call yourself!
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 5:52pm On Apr 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Any one who thinks corruption and poverty in Nigeria can be solved by changing a governor or president is SOPHISTICATEDLY IGNORANT.

You cannot solve a problem until you identify the ROOT cause of the problem. The root cause of poverty and corruption in Nig is not GEJ or Fashola. Rather it is the STRUCTURE of govt we run.

The FACT is that Abuja can NEVER feed and cater for 160million people. But 160million people can over-feed and cater for Abuja.

For instance, a father with 100 children will find it difficult to SOLELY cater for all the children and wives. But if some or all of the 100 children, the wives contribute to feeding of the family and growth of the family, added to what the father gets, there will be SURPLUS for the family.

The current situation where ALL national resources is harnessed at Abuja and then distributed to the 36 states and FCT, for further distribution to 160million people will CERTAINLY bred corruption and POVERTY. But if the current structure is reversed so that resources are harnessed by the states (from the people in every state), there will SURPLUS for the people, the state and to cater for the centre. And under such structure, since the money available to every state governor will depend on the creativity, hardwork, literacy rate, enterprise,etc of its people, the governor will do every thing possible to create the right atmosphere for such to thrive and empower its people. As the people are being empowered, poverty is being eradicated.

Furthermore, because most of the money spent by both public and private officials come from hardwork and people's sweat, corruption will reduce.

Just an example, since the crisis in Borno and Yobe states started, the state govt has witnessed little or no reduction in monthly revenue because it receives its funds DIRECTLY from federation account shared in Abuja. In such situations, there's complete disconnent between the people in those states and the govt. There's also no incentive to end the crisis as those in govt have regular flow of funds from Abuja. But if it were the other way round, ie those governors get their sustenance directly from economic activities of residents of Borno or Yobe, by now the politicians would have been depending on aides from UN and felt the direct heat of the crisis. If they feel direct heat of the crisis, they would have done everything possible to end the crisis. In any case, such crisis would not have arisen if the govt was getting its sustenance directly from residents because it would have been nipped in the bud as early as possible.

In summary, corruption and poverty in Nigeria is not caused by GEJ or PDP. We should note that some states in the north have been under the control of ANPP, not PDP, since 1999. The root cause of corruption and poverty in Nigeria is the structure of political system we run. Unfortunately, that structure can NEVER be corrected until oil dries up because the north will fiercely resist any such attempt

YOU ARE AN CONNIVING person,YOU EVEN SAID THE ROOT PROBLEM IS OUR GOVERNMENT,AND WHO IS IN CHARGE OUR GOVERNMENT MR.MAN.

IF YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO COME BACK AND SAY ITS NOT GEJ,YOU WOULD HAVE NOT MADE A FOOL OUT OF YOURSELF BUT YOUR OWN IDIOCRACY OF YOUR GOVERNMENT(gej).

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 15, 2013
Another reason why Nigeria is not making any headway.Instead of you to make yourself useful by thinking of how to make this video hit the streets of Nigeria, u are here chatting nonsense.SMH!!!!

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Any one who thinks corruption and poverty in Nigeria can be solved by changing a governor or president is SOPHISTICATEDLY IGNORANT.

You cannot solve a problem until you identify the ROOT cause of the problem. The root cause of poverty and corruption in Nig is not GEJ or Fashola. Rather it is the STRUCTURE of govt we run.

The FACT is that Abuja can NEVER feed and cater for 160million people. But 160million people can over-feed and cater for Abuja.

For instance, a father with 100 children will find it difficult to SOLELY cater for all the children and wives. But if some or all of the 100 children, the wives contribute to feeding of the family and growth of the family, added to what the father gets, there will be SURPLUS for the family.

The current situation where ALL national resources is harnessed at Abuja and then distributed to the 36 states and FCT, for further distribution to 160million people will CERTAINLY bred corruption and POVERTY. But if the current structure is reversed so that resources are harnessed by the states (from the people in every state), there will SURPLUS for the people, the state and to cater for the centre. And under such structure, since the money available to every state governor will depend on the creativity, hardwork, literacy rate, enterprise,etc of its people, the governor will do every thing possible to create the right atmosphere for such to thrive and empower its people. As the people are being empowered, poverty is being eradicated.

Furthermore, because most of the money spent by both public and private officials come from hardwork and people's sweat, corruption will reduce.

Just an example, since the crisis in Borno and Yobe states started, the state govt has witnessed little or no reduction in monthly revenue because it receives its funds DIRECTLY from federation account shared in Abuja. In such situations, there's complete disconnent between the people in those states and the govt. There's also no incentive to end the crisis as those in govt have regular flow of funds from Abuja. But if it were the other way round, ie those governors get their sustenance directly from economic activities of residents of Borno or Yobe, by now the politicians would have been depending on aides from UN and felt the direct heat of the crisis. If they feel direct heat of the crisis, they would have done everything possible to end the crisis. In any case, such crisis would not have arisen if the govt was getting its sustenance directly from residents because it would have been nipped in the bud as early as possible.

In summary, corruption and poverty in Nigeria is not caused by GEJ or PDP. We should note that some states in the north have been under the control of ANPP, not PDP, since 1999. The root cause of corruption and poverty in Nigeria is the structure of political system we run. Unfortunately, that structure can NEVER be corrected until oil dries up because the north will fiercely resist any such attempt
So who's gonna change the structure of the government? Animals? Everything still boils down to our leaders.So yes, I think corruption and poverty in Nigeria can be solved by changing a governor or president, and I'm not SopHISTICATEDLY IGNORANT.

1 Like

Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by ologunduduabra(m): 8:27pm On Apr 15, 2013
it's well.
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 15, 2013

The trouble of Nigeria, writes Chinua Achebe, is simply and squarely a problem of leadership.Nigeria as a nation is synonymous with tears, sorrows,etc.this would definitely change, if we have selfless leaders that are willing to fearlessly thread on toes to ensure that things are done right...till then.
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 15, 2013
ROSYL:
So who's gonna change the structure of the government? Animals? Everything still boils down to our leaders.So yes, I think corruption and poverty in Nigeria can be solved by changing a governor or president, and I'm not SopHISTICATEDLY IGNORANT.
Some people are just MENTALLY LAZY. I find it strange that some people want to be spoon fed all the time.

Yes, I said the problem with Nigeria is the political structure. Yes, it is the responsibility of the govt to change that structure. But I said it will be easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle than for the current political structure to be changed. The reason being that to change the structure, you need a constitutional amendment and no northern legislator, irrespective of political party, will support re-structuring of the country. QED.
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by ceah(m): 7:25am On Apr 16, 2013
Why is this topic still in page 2 ?
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by Godmann(m): 8:44am On Apr 16, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]But the poor are the most ungrateful people in Nigeria.
It is not worth it doing your best to help them.
Lest we forget, majority of the greediest and most corrupt people in government came from poor families. I have a theory that their fears of insecurity and poverty are responsible for their abnormal greed that makes them corrupt.[/size]

You are yet to appreciate the impact of poverty on their psyche. Poverty destroys one's humanity and makes him an animal. They behave the way they do because of the poverty they have exprienced not because they are created bad people.

The corrupt men in power who created the grounds for poverty to exist should be held responsible
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by KokoBeware: 10:22am On Apr 16, 2013
*solid*:
Darey Osiyoye
If Egypt, Libya, Tunisia and the rest of the Arab world could get their
Gov to listen am sure we can do it!!! Our future is in our hands, not
some politicians Bank account: Let's spread the message!!! Let's use
Social Media to Liberate our selves!!!! Nigerian Youths wake up, We
have no other country except Nigeria, We have been suffering in
silence while our Leaders put our future in their bank accounts. How
can we remain like this? How can a youth go to school and suffered
to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40 and still your
future is as bleak as a dark room. Did your parents send you to
school to sit at home because our Government has failed us. Let us
come out one day and say No. We must not remain like this, we
cannot all travel abroad to find a better life, our better life is here in
our country. We have the money, oil and resources but only a
selected few have continue to suck it dry while we keep believing
God for a change, wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000
youths in each of the 36states to challenge the Government. We say
NO, we will destroy this country and rebuild it afresh, we will Kill
those who stand on our way as they are considered the enemy of
our Beloved Mother Land. A man cannot have billions of naira while
millions of youths roam the streets every day looking for daily
bread. Our young men must not all be kidnappers, Drug dealers,
drug peddlers or Fraud stars while our young girls must not all be
prostitutes or rely on older Men for survival. The best of our young
brains are abroad serving other nations while our mother land
starves!! Thousands of us are sitting in Jail home and abroad!! Get
Ready I tell you. The time has come for us to react, the only way
our Government listens is violence, they have shown it to the Niger
delta militants and now they are planning to show it to the boko
haram..whereas a simple gesture of N20,000 per month to the
unemployed is rejected and you pay militants N75,000 per month.
How much do they pay as minimum wage? How much do they
pay to elected officers, we are going to revolt.[b] Nigeria will burn to be
rebuilt again like Libya, Iraq, Egypt and Tunisia...
[/b] pleas e spread this
message unless you want to die in poverty in a country where God
has destined all of us to be happy and prosperous...!! ! Please send
this msg to all your contacts on Facebook, Twitter, BBM, Watsapp,
let it go Viral on Social Media!! It will happen soon!!

Nice but.. these countries you named have not been rebuilt oooo.... Libya comes to mind..
Re: Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 4:41pm On Apr 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Some people are just MENTALLY LAZY. I find it strange that some people want to be spoon fed all the time.

Yes, I said the problem with Nigeria is the political structure. Yes, it is the responsibility of the govt to change that structure. But I said it will be easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle than for the current political structure to be changed. The reason being that to change the structure, you need a constitutional amendment and no northern legislator, irrespective of political party, will support re-structuring of the country. QED.

GRAMMAR GRAMMAR GRAMMAR,YOU ARE NOT DECEIVING ANYONE.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 64th Birthday (posthumous) Is Today! / Osinbajo Arrives Edo State To Launches Tradermoni - Photos / Suhaila Zakzaky: El-zakzaky Could Die Of Lead Poisoning - Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.