Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Black Africa Owes The West A Huge Debt Of Gratitude. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black Africa Owes The West A Huge Debt Of Gratitude. (880 Views)

Debt From Home. ( a killer's instinct) / GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) / An Attitude Of Gratitude (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Black Africa Owes The West A Huge Debt Of Gratitude. by Rooneyboy(m): 9:40am On Apr 14, 2013
[b]Black Africa owes the West, especially rich white folks a huge debt of gratitude for almost single-handedly­ keeping her literature and writers alive and rollicking through a reading culture, material generosity - and extreme patience with what comes across as supercilious bullcrap on the part of many African writers who are eager beneficiaries of this welfare scheme. Left to Nigeria, we would have buried Chinua Achebe 20 years ago. Today, unwashed clowns, those who would not put a penny on the table to save Achebe's life want to bury him in Nigeria with fanfare. Nonsense.

And many young writers who would be drinking "pure water" at ANA "conventions" now strut the world stage and talk down to "racist" whites - at forums and events fully funded by white folks. I am not saying that we should kneel down and thank them, mba, but we should show some respect. Why bite the fingers that hand us Malbec? Well, there is no shame in my name: Dear White Person, thank you for keeping the gift of Chinua Achebe alive for the world. Thank you for the gift of Ngozi Chimamanda Adichie. Thank you for funding the luscious lunacy of Binyavanga Wainaina. We appreciate you, it is just that we have a strange way of showing it. And um Madonna, if Malawi does not want your school, inbox me, my village will take it, condescension and all. Say me well to your beautiful brown children. They are so adorable. Doxology. *cycles away slowly*

Written by Ikheloa Ikhide .
[/b]
Re: Black Africa Owes The West A Huge Debt Of Gratitude. by beautiful80: 11:23am On Apr 14, 2013
gratitude for what stealin our resources n makin themslf rich u need to go n learn ur history pls
Re: Black Africa Owes The West A Huge Debt Of Gratitude. by ayobase(m): 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2013
beautiful80: gratitude for what stealin our resources n makin themslf rich u need to go n learn ur history pls

Don't always feel hurt, there are always 2 sides of a coin.

Yeah, they did harm, but it has made us what we are today!

NO PAIN NO GAIN.

Rooneyboy: the pagans are coming to eat u raw soon....watch out!

(1) (Reply)

My Meeting With Nehemiah "Aye Local Ni Foreign" - A Short Story / Adultery - Weakness Or Strength? / Suggestions!!! Need Stories Written By Females On Nl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.