Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,557 members, 7,955,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:03 PM

GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) (3427 Views)

Black Africa Owes The West A Huge Debt Of Gratitude. / An Attitude Of Gratitude / Gratitude Is The Best Attitude......... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by D9ty7(m): 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2014
DAY 1

This thread is aimed at showing gratitude to some important people in my Nairaland life. These people have been with me through thicks and thins and I thank God for we are all alive today as we witness d9ty7 one yearanniversary as a writer on Nairaland.
I started writing a long time ago but I joined Nairaland in October
2013 and started writing on the 1st of November 2013.
This thread will bring about the compilation of some important
Nairalanders who read my first story on here and encouraged me because they saw the potential in me. And today we are all waxing stronger because God has been our source of inspiration.
Join me as I take you through the journey so far.

3 Likes

Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by D9ty7(m): 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2014
HOW I DISCOVERED NAIRALAND
In early 2013, March to be precise. I had the opportunity of logging
into Nairaland through my brother's account, Dygeasy. Then I had the
opportunity of reading Coolval22's story, THE DIARY OF AN IMOSTAR. This
was the first story I read as a guest on Nairaland and it increased my
curiousity. I read the story for two months, because I only log in to
read it when dygeasy logs in with my phone. Then I proceeded to the
literature section on my own, since I can't access the sexuality section
as a guest.
Then I had the opportunity of reading Bukkydan's DESPITE ALL ODDS.
Somethings took place and I couldn't log into Nairaland for some weeks. I
returned a few weeks later, then I discovered some new stories in the
literature section, and since I am a huge fan of Romance stories, I
failed to notice the few crime stories that we have here.
I got registered in october and immediately I started reading
TemitopeDaniel's TOTAL LOVE. This was the story that prompted me to
write. And because the story started off as a teenage love affair, I decided to write something relating to teenagers too.
Then, miraculously I discovered Repogirl's FALSE PRETENSES. I read about sixty pages in less than twenty four hours, a remarkable feat it still is.
On NOVEMBER 1ST 2013, I kicked off my first story and since then, I have been unable to stop writing and posting here. Even though, the first story I wrote was titled, MY STORY...(The experiences of a girl who had numerous health issues) yet to be posted here tho!

3 Likes

Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by D9ty7(m): 3:21pm On Oct 27, 2014
I started with Teenage love Naivety and suprisingly, it made the front page and gathered more views than I anticipated. So many criticisms but I won't forget these people whose encouragement skyrocketted my desire to post consistently.
1. Nkpume Iko: He was the first to comment on the story. He was also the first to correct my mistakes. He is a writer too but for some reasons best known to him, his account has been deactivated.
2. Therock5555: A good nigga. I am a huge fan of his.
3. Dygeasy: My big bro. His story, the Entagled web formerly, Boy to man made me develop the passion to write.
4. Hardeluv: She came like every other person. And she began following the story.
5. Dammygoody: He is so far the most loyal reader I've ever had. He has followed all my stories on Nairaland and I hold him on a high.
6. ChristeJames: He was forced to comment because he wanted more updates.
7. Jumizie13: A huge fan of Therock. Though its been a while since I saw her on here last.
8. Chistar01: A living legend. His comments actually gave me a boost.
And so many others I couldn't mention now. I won't forget, Adegwurulez, tmamuda, winnie1950 and others.

1 Like

Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:28pm On Oct 27, 2014
*observing*
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by tecno4life(m): 3:52pm On Oct 27, 2014
TemitopeDaniel:
*observing*
U spoil ma show, I thought I will be first 2 comment meanwhile.................D9ty7 what's all dis undecided
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by D9ty7(m): 4:03pm On Oct 27, 2014
The year 2014 started as the most promising and it has been productive so far. I started with a new story titled; THE UNDERCOVER AGENT, and in few weeks I finished up with it and declared myself a sabbatical.
I returned after a few weeks and started a new story titled, THE FIGHT FOR POWER. But unfortunately, as promising as it seemed, it got wiped off as a result of the tsunami that hit Nairaland in June.
I bounced back after the data loss and came up with a short story titled, SHADOWS FROM THE PAST, a story which was written because I read Repogirl's False pretenses twice and it was my source of inspiration.
Then I proceeded to my fifth story, All in a circle, the second crime story. The story has so far been recieved by many nairalanders, it is still on and will finish in less than a month. Simultaneously, I started a series, titled, THE THOMAS, which is centred on a family.
So far so good, I have been able to achieve and learn some things on Nairaland. And as far as I am concerned, Nairaland is the most educative online forum I have ever been.
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by tecno4life(m): 4:12pm On Oct 27, 2014
D9ty7:
The year 2014 started as the most promising and it has been productive so far. I started with a new story titled; THE UNDERCOVER AGENT, and in few weeks I finished up with it and declared myself a sabbatical.
I returned after a few weeks and started a new story titled, THE FIGHT FOR POWER. But unfortunately, as promising as it seemed, it got wiped off as a result of the tsunami that hit Nairaland in June.
I bounced back after the data loss and came up with a short story titled, SHADOWS FROM THE PAST, a story which was written because I read Repogirl's False pretenses twice and it was my source of inspiration.
Then I proceeded to my fifth story, All in a circle, the second crime story. The story has so far been recieved by many nairalanders, it is still on and will finish in less than a month. Simultaneously, I started a series, titled, THE THOMAS, which is centred on a family.
So far so good, I have been able to achieve and learn some things on Nairaland. And as far as I am concerned, Nairaland is the most educative online forum I have ever been.
D9ty7 cum and finish Undercover agent 2 na pls undecided
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by D9ty7(m): 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
I have learnt from so many writers on Nairaland and I will try and mention a handful of them.
LarrySun: His stories are out of this world. They are one of a kind here on Nairaland. Even though, the genres is not everybody's favourite including myself. I am being forced to read them because I believe reading LarrySun's works increases your chances of becoming a better English language commander.
2. Repogirl: She is humble as far as I am concerned. Even though she is matured then most of us and I learnt she is happily married.
3. TemitopeDaniel: He is just so selfless and ready to help. He did a lot by helping me to recover my lost works during the tsunami.
Then a whole lot of others;
Tifannyj, Prettyspicey, Kayemjay and his crime thrillers, Kingzpen and his humorous story, Stefikal, Flakkydagirl, Candy, Bukkydan, Ishilove, Rapmike, Davep, Adegwurulez, TheRock5555, Royver, AudreyTimms, Sammyhoe and a whole lot of others.
You guys have made my stay on Nairaland as wonderful as my stay on earth.
I am sure God will bless you beyond your expectation and grant you every of your hear desires.
LarrySun, I won't mind if you edit my grammatical blunders here as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by D9ty7(m): 4:15pm On Oct 27, 2014
There are some wonderful readers as well but mentioning them will be like counting the stones on earth or the stars in the sky.
I appreciate everyone of you for keeping up with me and making my efforts worthwhile, God continue to bless you too and protect you. Every of your heart desires shall be granted by God in his infinite mercies.
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by D9ty7(m): 4:18pm On Oct 27, 2014
And on Saturday 1st of November, we'll have the celebration in full including the awards.
No one is allowed to critcise this thread or anything except Seun, and the mods. They can either ban me for creating this or remove it. And please, if you can't add a thing to it, please don't say a thing that will turn everything upside down. In short, don't criticise.
Hope we are cool?
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by tecno4life(m): 4:28pm On Oct 27, 2014
D9ty7:
And on Saturday 1st of November, we'll have the celebration in full including the awards.
No one is allowed to critcise this thread or anything except Seun, and the mods. They can either ban me for creating this or remove it. And please, if you can't add a thing to it, please don't say a thing that will turn everything upside down. In short, don't criticise.
Hope we are cool?
Yes sir.
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by Niwdog(m): 4:35pm On Oct 27, 2014
We are good to go bro.
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by tecno4life(m): 4:35pm On Oct 27, 2014
Lemme help wif great readers:
Sexysaphire
Tecno4life
vibra
labaski
Adewealth027
Flakeey
tharuthlxx7
how will I forget Onemansquad
Fatalveli
princesssusan
jeanfortune
Hameenat94
Niwdog

*confused* I don 4get most of there names.
D9ty7 I'm sorry 4 interrupting continue sir
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by D9ty7(m): 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2014
You forgot to add Kingphilip.
tecno4life:
Lemme help wif great readers:
Sexysaphire
Tecno4life
vibra
labaski
Adewealth027
Flakeey
tharuthlxx7
how will I forget Onemansquad
Fatalveli
princesssusan
jeanfortune
Hameenat94
Niwdog

*confused* I don 4get most of there names.
D9ty7 I'm sorry 4 interrupting continue sir
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by kingphilip(m): 4:59pm On Oct 27, 2014
D9ty7:
You forgot to add Kingphilip.
following
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
Peeping cool
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 27, 2014
U didnt mention; kingzpen
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:39pm On Oct 27, 2014
tecno4life:

U spoil ma show, I thought I will be first 2 comment meanwhile.................D9ty7 what's all dis undecided
undecided Howdy bro?

My dream of becoming FTC on D9ty7's thread don come true tongue

Go and check d undercover agent, na me first comment tongue

Don't mess around with a boss undecided tongue
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by Ormorlehwah(f): 6:32pm On Oct 27, 2014
Tor, thank God say ℓ̊ neva late.......

Cross ÅΩ̴̴̩̩̩̥̩ð Uncross legs in anticipation.

Ride On bro'
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 27, 2014
Watching in 3D
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by Hameenat94(f): 10:18pm On Oct 27, 2014
Wen U c a g8t writer.. U recognise them.. I really respect Durodola... As at last yr wen He started writing Teenage love naviety... I was lyk... This guy is gud buh he nids 2 b encouraged even if his story then was really4 teenagers... Tee Dan nd Stefikal started writing nd We all became one family...
D9ty7... U are a very gud writer nd u will go places... Nw that even if im unstable due 2 some circumstances buh I will always b ur true fan(dnt ever 4get dis)...
I wish pple lyk Logowhiz,nd one other guy lyk dat, stefikal... I do miss all of them... Duro...Barka Allah Fihi in all ur endeavours...
Duro can u pls tell me ur Muslim name?
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by Flakeey(f): 10:34pm On Oct 27, 2014
*kisses*
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by D9ty7(m): 6:54am On Oct 28, 2014
@Hameenat94: My muslim name is Yusuph.
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by D9ty7(m): 7:07am On Oct 28, 2014
DAY 2
THE e-FAMILY I HAVE MADE
There are many people here who are qualified to be on that list but
I'll mention a few of them.
1. Kingzpen: I see him as a boss because I met him here(Nairaland) but
suprisingly, he calls me boss too. He is one of the people whose story I
can never unfollow even if he updates once in a year.
2. TemitopeDaniel: When I started writing he was here as a writer to
encourage me but the funniest part is that, he calls me 'boss' and in
the real sense I see him as my boss. He is more than a writing
colleague. I remembered the first time I called him Professor T.Dan. Now
everyone calls him T.Dan or TeeDan.
3. Flakkydagirl: She started writing early this year and I can remember
vividly when she started, I was lucky to be one of the few people who
pointed out some loopholes. But in a matter of months, the story became a
hot cake and racked up over two hundred thousand views. A feat yet to
be achieved by most legendary writers.
3. Hameenat94: She is that reader who doesn't fail to comment and her
comments are always a boost. They will want you to write more and post
consistently. She is more than just a mere Nairalander.
4. Stefikal: I see her as my only sister here on Nairaland. She is
wonderful and more than a writing colleague.
5. Kingphilip
6. Dammygoody
7. Vibra: As far as I am concerned, she is the first of my reader who keeps up with me via phone calls. She calls me occasionally to know how I am faring. One word for her, she is CARING.
There are numerous others who joined the family because they followed my present story.
Tecno4life, Onemansquad, Flakeey, Adewealth027, ThaRuthlxx7. and many others.
I won't forget my two greatest crew members,
LogoDWhiz: The secretary of my first three stories.
Walewumi: The bouncer of my first three stories.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by tecno4life(m): 7:51am On Oct 28, 2014
D9ty7:
DAY 2
THE e-FAMILY I HAVE MADE
There are many people here who are qualified to be on that list but
I'll mention a few of them.
1. Kingzpen: I see him as a boss because I met him here(Nairaland) but
suprisingly, he calls me boss too. He is one of the people whose story I
can never unfollow even if he updates once in a year.
2. TemitopeDaniel: When I started writing he was here as a writer to
encourage me but the funniest part is that, he calls me 'boss' and in
the real sense I see him as my boss. He is more than a writing
colleague. I remembered the first time I called him Professor T.Dan. Now
everyone calls him T.Dan or TeeDan.
3. Flakkydagirl: She started writing early this year and I can remember
vividly when she started, I was lucky to be one of the few people who
pointed out some loopholes. But in a matter of months, the story became a
hot cake and racked up over two hundred thousand views. A feat yet to
be achieved by most legendary writers.
3. Hameenat94: She is that reader who doesn't fail to comment and her
comments are always a boost. They will want you to write more and post
consistently. She is more than just a mere Nairalander.
4. Stefikal: I see her as my only sister here on Nairaland. She is
wonderful and more than a writing colleague.
5. Kingphilip
6. Dammygoody
7. Vibra: As far as I am concerned, she is the first of my reader who keeps up with me via phone calls. She calls me occasionally to know how I am faring. One word for her, she is CARING.
There are numerous others who joined the family because they followed my present story.
Tecno4life, Onemansquad, Flakeey, Adewealth027, ThaRuthlxx7. and many others.
I won't forget my two greatest crew members,
LogoDWhiz: The secretary of my first three stories.
Walewumi: The bouncer of my first three stories.
what about me d waiter of the current story, u could have said dat.

Anyway it's a honour 2 see ma name despite joining u in just d last story.
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by repogirl(f): 8:42am On Oct 28, 2014
Woow, hello D9ty7, imagine my surprise that my over stretched story that refused to end played a vital role in inspiring you to write. Thank you for that, d9ty7, that in itself is a huge boost for me. Thank you, thank you very much, I over appreciate it grin.
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by D9ty7(m): 9:05am On Oct 28, 2014
Exactly one of the reasons why Repogirl has been and will always be one of my favourite writers. Ever humble.[quote
author=repogirl post=27514534]Woow, hello D9ty7, imagine my surprise
that my over stretched story that refused to end played a vital role in
inspiring you to write. Thank you for that, d9ty7, that in itself is a
huge boost for me. Thank you, thank you very much, I over appreciate it
grin.[/quote]Am honoured to have you say something here.
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by Fatalveli(m): 9:11am On Oct 28, 2014
*trying 2 avoid but mistakenly falls into dis thread, d 1st person I sight is techo4life, followed by d9ty7 and kingphillip, not excluding T.dan.... I later came 2 conclusion dat dis is gonna be lively afterall!
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by Hameenat94(f): 9:37am On Oct 28, 2014
D9ty7:
@Hameenat94: My muslim name is Yusuph.
wow! I really love pple dat bears Yusuph 'cos I fell in love wit Prophet Yusuph honesty, humility nd sincerity. Aiit... Tnx 4 d mention.... Wish Stefikal nd Walewunmi z here 2 c hw their boss has turned 2 a prolific crime writer...
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by D9ty7(m): 9:39am On Oct 28, 2014
Prolific? Thank you very much.[quote
author=Hameenat94 post=27515882]
wow! I really love pple dat bears Yusuph 'cos I fell in love wit Prophet
Yusuph honesty, humility nd sincerity. Aiit... Tnx 4 d mention.... Wish
Stefikal nd Walewunmi z here 2 c hw their boss has turned 2 a prolific
crime writer...[/quote]
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:05am On Oct 28, 2014
LogoDwhiz, it's been a while. Howdy sire?

I sight una oh!
Re: GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:08am On Oct 28, 2014
Ehm ehm

I'm sorry for not being active on your threads as before.
I just don't visit Literature section as before.

My apologies to Temitope Daniel too.

D9ty7, I'm really happy i was secretary then. I knew u were going to be a very good writer, glad i was there when it all started.
I can only wish u more ink to your pen, more wisdom to your brain and more success in your writing endeavours.
God bless.

Thanks for mentioning me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enslaved Securityman (21+) By Missy Erotica / Correct Your Common Pronunciation Errors HERE II / Reinforced Concrete Design By Oyenuga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.