Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

ISUZU AXIOM How Reliable Is It? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ISUZU AXIOM How Reliable Is It? (5398 Views)

Isuzu Axiom / Peugeot 406: How Reliable? / How Reliable Are Hyundai Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ISUZU AXIOM How Reliable Is It? by jaibang(m): 1:19pm On Apr 14, 2013
House, pls tell me how much you know about this car with regard to performance, and reliability.
Re: ISUZU AXIOM How Reliable Is It? by jaibang(m): 1:21pm On Apr 14, 2013
see some pics

Re: ISUZU AXIOM How Reliable Is It? by jaibang(m): 6:46am On Apr 20, 2013
its like no one uses this car on this forum
Re: ISUZU AXIOM How Reliable Is It? by tampa1871: 11:15pm On Apr 20, 2013
It has the same chassis and engine with Rodeo and Honda Passport. This is a very reliable truck, very rugged and a good value for your money. I currently have one in my garage ready to be shipped to Nigeria. It's a very utility truck excellent for Nigerian roads. Isuzu Trooper sibling. Recommended.
Re: ISUZU AXIOM How Reliable Is It? by jaibang(m): 8:19am On Apr 21, 2013
@tampa1871 thanks: I currently use a Honda Passport, which is very strong and reliable. If it is the same Engine, then it should be a must buy.
Ppls send details of the one you have to jaibang2002@yahoo.com it must be a 4wd
Re: ISUZU AXIOM How Reliable Is It? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2013
Whenever i hear of this Car i remember Mitsubishi Endeavour...
Re: ISUZU AXIOM How Reliable Is It? by tampa1871: 9:55pm On Apr 21, 2013
Bossforeva: Whenever i hear of this Car i remember Mitsubishi Endeavour...

Endeavor is not a true Mitsubishi, it's made by GMC for Mitsubishi. 100% American in and out.
Re: ISUZU AXIOM How Reliable Is It? by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 23, 2013
tampa1871:

Endeavor is not a true Mitsubishi, it's made by GMC for Mitsubishi. 100% American in and out.
Mitsubishi is japanese,Isuzu is japanese.Axiom and endeavour were all built in the US.
Re: ISUZU AXIOM How Reliable Is It? by tampa1871: 3:44pm On Apr 23, 2013
Bossforeva: Mitsubishi is japanese,Isuzu is japanese.Axiom and endeavour were all built in the US.

No Sir, Anxiom is made and assembled in Japan, it's an import. I have one in my garage now with all the stickers still intact. Just 4 ur information, no qualms. God bless.
Re: ISUZU AXIOM How Reliable Is It? by SpaceAngel: 3:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
How reliable is the auto transmission.
jaibang: @tampa1871 thanks: I currently use a Honda Passport, which is very strong and reliable. If it is the same Engine, then it should be a must buy.
Ppls send details of the one you have to jaibang2002@yahoo.com it must be a 4wd
Re: ISUZU AXIOM How Reliable Is It? by tampa1871: 6:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
SpaceAngel: How reliable is the auto transmission.

Please find this culled from Consumer Report, I beleive it will be of much help. Same reliability with Rodeo Transmission.

Isuzu placed a sleeker body on its midsize Rodeo SUV chassis and installed a larger V6, to create the Axiom for 2002. Axioms were offered in base and uplevel XS trim levels. They shared a 3.5-liter V6 from Isuzu's recently-retired Trooper SUV. A four-speed automatic was the only transmission. Axioms were available with rear-wheel drive or with Isuzu's Torque On Demand four-wheel drive, which can be left engaged on dry pavement and included low-range gearing. Although Axioms shared the Rodeo's wheelbase, they were six inches longer and about 1.6 inches taller. The Axiom's body was considerably curvier. Side airbags were unavailable, but antilock braking was standard. Also included were 17-inch alloy wheels and Isuzu's Intelligent Suspension Control, which was basically electronically managed shock-absorber damping. Axioms with four-wheel drive had rear disc brakes instead of drums. The XS upgraded the base model with fog lamps, a sunroof, heated front seats, and leather upholstery. Axiom rivals included the Dodge Durango, Ford Explorer, GMC Envoy, and Toyota Highlander.
2004 Isuzu Axiom: Revisions to its V6 engine gave the Axiom an additional 20 horsepower for 2004. Operating with direct injection and variable valve timing, the new 3.5-liter V6 promised improved fuel economy and performance. Intelligent Suspension Control was standard on all except the two-wheel-drive S model. During the 2004 model year, a tire-pressure monitor was expected to become standard.
Re: ISUZU AXIOM How Reliable Is It? by Noslan007: 2:41pm On Apr 24, 2013
Am using the hunda passport 2000 version for close to two years everyday now. The car is very reliable with no problem. just maintain the servicing regularly and u are good to go.

1 Like

Re: ISUZU AXIOM How Reliable Is It? by omolobaojo(m): 3:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
Is anyone in the house familiar with Isuzu Axiom 2005 Model? Please enlighten me.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Mechanic For Toyota Prius 2003 Hybrid The Battery Is Bad. / Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? / Now, You've Gotten A Hybrid Car. What Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.