Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,631 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! (10230 Views)

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver / Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 12:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
Oh, by the way, let another "holy" man "counsel you"! wink

Chrysostom

"Almighty God, you have given us grace at this time with one accord to make our common supplication to you; and you have promised through your well-beloved Son that when two or three are gathered together in his Name you will be in the midst of them: Fulfill now, O Lord, our desires and petitions as may be best for us; granting us in this world knowledge of your truth, and in the age to come life everlasting. Amen"

smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by italo: 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2013
"It is well to reverence both God and the bishop. He who honours the bishop has been honoured by God; he who does anything without the knowledge of the bishop, does [in reality] serve the devil."--St Ignatius.
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 12:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
Them even dey swear for us sake say we no accept the fraudulently claimed "authority" and "infallibility" (both rubbish!) of them Roman Catholic "popes"! grin

One I made earlier! wink

4. For this reason it has always been necessary for every Church--that is to say the faithful throughout the world--to be in agreement with the Roman Church because of its more effective leadership. In consequence of being joined, as members to head, with that see, from which the rights of sacred communion flow to all, they will grow together into the structure of a single body [48].

5. Therefore, if anyone says that it is not by the institution of Christ the lord himself (that is to say, by divine law) that blessed Peter should have perpetual successors in the primacy over the whole Church; or that the Roman Pontiff is not the successor of blessed Peter in this primacy: let him be anathema.

Oh and the other nonsensical claim of "papal infallibilty"

. . . we teach and define as a divinely revealed dogma that when the Roman Pontiff speaks EX CATHEDRA, that is, when, in the exercise of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, in virtue of his supreme apostolic authority, he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church, he possesses, by the divine assistance promised to him in blessed Peter, that infallibility . . .

So then, should anyone, which God forbid, have the temerity to reject this definition of ours: let him be anathema.

smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 1:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
By the way, the Church to which even Ignatius belonged ---- is now "anathema" too. wink

smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by italo: 1:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
Enigma: Oh, by the way, let another "holy" man "counsel you"! wink

Chrysostom
you have promised through your well-beloved Son that when two or three are gathered together in his Name you will be in the midst of them

smiley

Amen! Amen! We Catholics believe Jesus is present in any community that gathers in his name. But we know that that community is not necessarily his Church.

For how can Jesus say to his "church?": "I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!"--Matt 7:23.

"I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!"--Luke 13:27.

How can Jesus (the bridegroom) deny knowledge of his Church (the bride)?

How can the head not know the body?

This Jesus you are talking about is certainly not my Jesus...and that "church" is definitely not his Church.

"AWAY FROM ME! YOU LAWLESS PEOPLE!"--Jesus Christ.
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 1:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
italo:

Amen! Amen! We Catholics believe Jesus is present in any community that gathers in his name. But we know that that community is not necessarily his Church.

A community that gathers in Jesus' name and in which Jesus is present that is not Jesus' Church! grin

Utterly ludicrous and contradictory Roman Catholic idiocy! wink

italo: For how can Jesus say to his "church?": "I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!"--Matt 7:23.

"I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!"--Luke 13:27.

How can Jesus (the bridegroom) deny knowledge of his Church (the bride)?

How can the head not know the body?

This Jesus you are talking about is certainly not my Jesus...and that "church" is definitely not his Church.

"AWAY FROM ME! YOU LAWLESS PEOPLE!"--Jesus Christ.

Of course He can be expected to say that to the Roman Catholic "Church" as I have demonstrated here and here

And I can yet produce more samples if/when required. wink

smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by italo: 1:09pm On Sep 02, 2013
Enigma:

Of course He can be expected to say that to the Roman Catholic "Church" as I have demonstrated here and here

You are saying the Catholic Church gathers and performs miracles and casts out demons in Jesus' name...and is Jesus' Church?

Then how can he disown his Church?

Can the bridegroom disown the bride?

Can the head disown the body?
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
You are saying that Jesus is present in a community of two or three Christians gathered in His name, how can they then not be His Church?

And look at your self-contradiction with your "Away from me" nonsense!

How can He then disown the community among whom He is present?

The lies and fraud of the Roman Catholic "Church" have evidently clouded your reasoning and logic. wink

smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by italo: 1:24pm On Sep 02, 2013
It is Jesus that said "away from me" (which you call nonsense) to people who gathered in his name (which you call "church") not me.

Take up your issues with him.

I just know my Jesus cannot neither deny nor desert his Church.
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 1:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
italo: It is Jesus that said "away from me" (which you call nonsense) to people who gathered in his name (which you call "church"wink not me. Take up your issues with him.

If you can find where He said it to the people ('two or three') gathered in His name, you should also be able to find where He said "away from me" to the Roman Catholic Church. And I do not call that nonsense. wink

italo: I just know my Jesus cannot neither deny nor desert his Church.

Of course the Lord Jesus Christ will not deny His Church of two or three gathered in His name. Hallelujah! wink

smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by italo: 1:33pm On Sep 02, 2013
What do you call people who cast out demons in Jesus name?

Church or not.

My bet is you will not answer.
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 1:37pm On Sep 02, 2013
Look at this hypocrite saying "I bet you will not answer" --- after he earlier said "leave him alone bo"! grin

Yes, I will not answer; what are you going to do, call Police? smiley

Meanwhile, what have you called "two or three gathered in Jesus name"? A "shop" -- that is what you have called them.

Except you now say that Jesus is present in their midst. Oh boy, how happy am I that Jesus is present in my "shop". wink

Hypocrite kawai! grin

smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by italo: 2:53pm On Sep 02, 2013
See you later, Jero.
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
Ciao, crybaby. grin

smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2013
Enigma: You are saying that Jesus is present in a community of two or three Christians gathered in His name, how can they then not be His Church?

And look at your self-contradiction with your "Away from me" nonsense!

How can He then disown the community among whom He is present?

The lies and fraud of the Roman Catholic "Church" have evidently clouded your reasoning and logic. wink

smiley
go back and read ignatuis. Just as there is no church without Jesus nothing should be done without the bishop.
There is no fraud there, the writtings are there for you see.
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
Chai! I missed this thread embarassed
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by italo: 5:10am On Sep 03, 2013
^^^and what a miss!

Perhaps you could have helped us read and explain St. Ignatius.
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 6:03am On Sep 03, 2013
Ubenedictus: go back and read ignatuis.

First of all: the Church to which the Ignatius that you are trying to rely on belonged is now "anathema" according to fraudulent and hypocritically two-faced Roman Catholics. wink (Edit: Deny this and I'll show you something else! smiley)

Ubenedictus: Just as there is no church without Jesus nothing should be done without the bishop.

When you find where Jesus Christ, the apostles or anywhere in the Bible says "nothing should be done without the bishop", call me! smiley

Ubenedictus: There is no fraud there, the writtings are there for you see.

What Roman Catholics are doing is actually worse than fraud. It is undermining and going directly against the teachings of Jesus Christ! Anyway, as I said before, Roman Catholics esteem their "Church" and their "popes" more than Jesus Christ or the Bible.

smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by italo: 8:27am On Sep 03, 2013
^^^

Now you're saying the Catholic Church is not God's Church.

But anywhere that 2people gather in Jesus name is God's Church.

How? Do Catholics not gather in Jesus name?
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 8:33am On Sep 03, 2013
^^^ U no dey cry off again?

And obviously, you still need deliverance from that comprehension problem. Maybe try the people of Cutlass Sharp Sharp Ministry!

Oh and deal with how Jesus can be present in a Christian community and yet that Christian community is not Jesus' Church! wink

smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by woky: 10:40am On Sep 03, 2013
Enigma: Look at this hypocrite saying "I bet you will not answer" --- after he earlier said "leave him alone bo"! grin

Yes, I will not answer; what are you going to do, call Police? smiley

Meanwhile, what have you called "two or three gathered in Jesus name"? A "shop" -- that is what you have called them.

Except you now say that Jesus is present in their midst. Oh boy, how happy am I that Jesus is present in my "shop". wink

Hypocrite kawai! grin

smiley
you ar too insultive

1 Like

Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 10:43am On Sep 03, 2013
^^^

Are you a Roman Catholic?

How many insults and even damnation did I myself receive? wink
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2013
italo: ^^^and what a miss!

Perhaps you could have helped us read and explain St. Ignatius.
It is possible.
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Ubenedictus(m): 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2013
Enigma:

First of all: the Church to which the Ignatius that you are trying to rely on belonged is now "anathema" according to fraudulent and hypocritically two-faced Roman Catholics. wink (Edit: Deny this and I'll show you something else! smiley)

When you find where Jesus Christ, the apostles or anywhere in the Bible says "nothing should be done without the bishop", call me! smiley

What Roman Catholics are doing is actually worse than fraud. It is undermining and going directly against the teachings of Jesus Christ! Anyway, as I said before, Roman Catholics esteem their "Church" and their "popes" more than Jesus Christ or the Bible.

smiley
you brought up ignatuis, i decided to join you and you are crying about 'underming the teaching of Jesus', do you speak with two mouths?
Or maybe it is just because the anglican communion is truly protestant and has rejected the teaching of the says tradition is also a source of doctrine?
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Ubenedictus(m): 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2013
Enigma:

smiley
you brought up ignatuis, i decided to join you and you are crying about 'underming the teaching of Jesus', do you speak with two mouths?
Or maybe it is just because the anglican communion is truly protestant and has rejected the teaching of the says tradition is also a source of doctrine?
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Ubenedictus(m): 7:13pm On Sep 03, 2013
italo: ^^^

Now you're saying the Catholic Church is not God's Church.

But anywhere that 2people gather in Jesus name is God's Church.

How? Do Catholics not gather in Jesus name?
he is speaking with two mouths, that is the only explanation
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2013
^^^ And the Roman Catholic Church is not speaking with four mouths? lol grin

Especially when Roman Catholics claim Ignatius but declare his Church "anathema." wink

smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2013
Ubenedictus: you brought up ignatuis, i decided to join you and you are crying about 'underming the teaching of Jesus', do you speak with two mouths?

Is Ignatius' Church "anathema" or not? grin

Ubenedictus: Or maybe it is just because the anglican communion is truly protestant and has rejected the teaching of the says tradition is also a source of doctrine?

I don ask you to tell your Anglican supporter that the Anglican "community" is not a Church but a "community" (of heretics? - your word earlier); and that the Anglicans do not have "apostolic succession". Not only that their ordinations/orders are "absolutely null and utterly void."

Ya own two mouths no gree you tell am abi na muscle catch you for mouth? grin

smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 7:38pm On Sep 03, 2013
Meanwhile, let me remind you of this! wink

Ubenedictus: Just as there is no church without Jesus nothing should be done without the bishop.

When you find where Jesus Christ, any of the apostles or anywhere in the Bible says "nothing should be done without the bishop", call me! smiley

smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:31pm On Sep 03, 2013
Enigma:

smiley
and what is your point? Ever since the times of nestorius local churches has been placed under anathema irrespective of their saintly and catholic bishops of the past. If antioch enspouse an anathemize heresy then she anathemize herself irrespective of whether or not ignatuis was once bishop of antioch
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:34pm On Sep 03, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ And the Roman Catholic Church is not speaking with four mouths? lol grin

Especially when Roman Catholics claim Ignatius but declare his Church "anathema." wink

smiley
just the same way a council claimed cyril and declear it church anathema. If the church enspouse heresy she is anathema. As simple as a b c
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:37pm On Sep 03, 2013
Enigma:

Is Ignatius' Church "anathema" or not? grin

I don ask you to tell your Anglican supporter that the Anglican "community" is not a Church but a "community" (of heretics? - your word earlier); and that the Anglicans do not have "apostolic succession". Not only that their ordinations/orders are "absolutely null and utterly void."

Ya own two mouths no gree you tell am abi na muscle catch you for mouth? grin

smiley

the last time i checked he didn't ask. You are now grasping straws

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Rapture : Who Will Be Caught Up With Christ At His Coming? - Olamide Obire / The Covenant Between Salt And Atheist / Yahweh And Allah Must Bow At The Mention Of My Name OTEM!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.