Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,857 members, 7,841,227 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! (10436 Views)

Ogun To Commission 40 Projects For The Commemoration Of Her 40th Anniversary / Dickson Hoodwinks Jonathan To Commission Flyover - Sahara Reporters / Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by odomanis: 8:49am On Apr 17, 2013
GEJ will not build or give money to private investors to build factories since the FG is privatising. So dont expect that. What FG under GEJ has done and keeps doing is to provide enabling environment for the factories to thrive. Grant waivers on tarriffs,import duty relief on raw materials and granting of Tax holidays to these companies. It is in appreciation of these supports that GEJ is being invited to commission the factory.

Somebody made mention of GEJ coming to EKO atlantic. He equally was invited because of his support to the project though initiated by Lagos state government. Be reminded that coastal lines do not belong to the states but FG. If GEJ did not give his approval,Lagos state cannot do anything on the area that will host the Eko atlantic project.

A lot is being done by GEJ and his team to encourage Private investors,that is why despite the low level of infrastructure which are being addressed anyway,companies are still coming in and springing up.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by Ayopercent(m): 9:14am On Apr 17, 2013
ghazzal: I hope Wempco is not owned nor have been bought over by the Chinese?
Definitely d company wl b managed by chinco pepu or indians,my joy 4 d company is it ability 2 produce flat sheets because oda steel recycling plant in nigeria has ribbed bars or rods as dere end products.
Technological vehicle is movin at a speed of lite acros d globe nw & 4 nigeria nt 2 b left bhind we hv 2 shift our attention 4rm steel(scraps) recyclin plants and focus really on liquid steel production 4rm IRON ORE processin 2 final end products wic was d reason of establishin itakpe iron ore company,ajaokuta steel and delta steel.#A COUNTRY DAT HVE STEEL,RULE D WORLD#
Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by baysol: 9:27am On Apr 17, 2013
Which kin Jonathan dey work? Why people of obodo Nigeria, mumu die like this when it comes to followership? This is pure privately initiated project in the first place. It will happen GEJ or no GEJ, so you tribalistic myopic ones, don't count you chickens yet. Your so called president stole Nigerian money(I mean money meant for you and I) to set up refineries in Malaysia, taking away not only money but employment for our people to another more developed country at the expence of Nigeria. You see your GEJ has a lot to answer after 2015. Until Nigerians realised that equally important to leadership is followership and they should hence forth not beg for their rights but must demand it from the evil beings in political gowns that does not belong, in anyway, to them because it was handed to them by hook or crook. I know Nigeria will survive but the same cannot be said for some people.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by Itoroetti(m): 10:24am On Apr 17, 2013
koruji: You better go and find your bearings.
Do you think those two firms were built in the 2-3 years of GEJ's administration? You will probably find out that Fashola/Tinubu had much to do with facilitating these projects. That is why I advise people to keep GEJ from their projects because his loudmouths in the media have no shame in claiming these projects for GEJ. They are only inviting him to commission it - this is basically to honor him as the president, just like he was invited to the Eko Atlantic event.
One thing though, he will at least get to see the non-work his administration is doing on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway. That would be the second time in a couple of months after going to RCCG to collect blessings. GEJ probably will not attend this event anyway.

So how jealousy and hatred have turn u into a political tout

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by kingingkinging: 12:23pm On Apr 17, 2013
baysol: Which kin Jonathan dey work? Why people of obodo Nigeria, mumu die like this when it comes to followership? This is pure privately initiated project in the first place. It will happen GEJ or no GEJ, so you tribalistic myopic ones, don't count you chickens yet. Your so called president stole Nigerian money(I mean money meant for you and I) to set up refineries in Malaysia, taking away not only money but employment for our people to another more developed country at the expence of Nigeria. You see your GEJ has a lot to answer after 2015. Until Nigerians realised that equally important to leadership is followership and they should hence forth not beg for their rights but must demand it from the evil beings in political gowns that does not belong, in anyway, to them because it was handed to them by hook or crook. I know Nigeria will survive but the same cannot be said for some people.

Thank u my brother. If it is credited to Jonathan, then why is the company not located in Benue, Borno, Adamawa or Nnewi. When Amosun was conducting Economic/ investors summit in 2011/2012, Ehingbeti summit by Lagos, Osun investors summit, etc where were GEJ apologist and stooges. You people should wake up. It is mainly Amosun's success.
Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by koruji(m): 1:04pm On Apr 17, 2013
These are all suppositions. Which new policies did GEJ implement that facilitated this project is the question? No hand-waving allowed!!! This project has been on for years before GEJ. It is not any appreciation for support - it is the usual way to commission big projects in Nigeria. When GEJ was invited to the Eko Atlantic event was that appreciation for support too? The man is actually trying to block funding for projects in Lagos that is already being disbursed by the WB.

odomanis: GEJ will not build or give money to private investors to build factories since the FG is privatising. So dont expect that. What FG under GEJ has done and keeps doing is to provide enabling environment for the factories to thrive. Grant waivers on tarriffs,import duty relief on raw materials and granting of Tax holidays to these companies. It is in appreciation of these supports that GEJ is being invited to commission the factory.

Somebody made mention of GEJ coming to EKO atlantic. He equally was invited because of his support to the project though initiated by Lagos state government. Be reminded that coastal lines do not belong to the states but FG. If GEJ did not give his approval,Lagos state cannot do anything on the area that will host the Eko atlantic project.

A lot is being done by GEJ and his team to encourage Private investors,that is why despite the low level of infrastructure which are being addressed anyway,companies are still coming in and springing up.
Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by driand(m): 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] sad y alz dis man?
Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by tomakint: 1:49pm On Apr 17, 2013
ewet:
You are dumber than your retardeen GEJ.How can you come out here and start singing praises of GEJ because he is only comming to commission a steel plant.The reason we are in this misery as a nation and our industries in parlous state is because of your GEJ's dumb economic policies.If he had provided electricy,security,good roads e.t.c which he promised you and i b4 bcoming president,we will be having factories commissioned evryday and people will have jobs to go to.
Its a pity you can disgrace your family right here in public because you cant tell common sense from foolishness,i bet you got the GEJ retardeen virus (GRV) already, you bloody waste of God's time.
Ewejoko, you are still not getting the crux of the matter, 2015 is just around the corner, I thought you can bring up a strong reason why Jonathan is under-performing but all I see from you and your fellow ACN Agberos is name-callings while Jonathan is WORKING undecided You are a shame to manhood Ewejoko

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by TableLeg(m): 1:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
ewet:
You are dumber than your retardeen GEJ.How can you come out here and start singing praises of GEJ because he is only comming to commission a steel plant.The reason we are in this misery as a nation and our industries in parlous state is because of your GEJ's dumb economic policies.If he had provided electricy,security,good roads e.t.c which he promised you and i b4 bcoming president,we will be having factories commissioned evryday and people will have jobs to go to.
Its a pity you can disgrace your family right here in public because you cant tell common sense from foolishness,i bet you got the GEJ retardeen virus (GRV) already, you bloody waste of God's time.

1000 LIKES!!!!
Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by TableLeg(m): 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
tomakint:
Ewejoko, you are still not getting the crux of the matter, 2015 is just around the corner, I thought you can bring up a strong reason why Jonathan is under-performing but all I see from you and your fellow ACN Agberos is name-callings while Jonathan is WORKING undecided You are a shame to manhood Ewejoko

Permit me to interrupt ... What is the crux of the matter?!

What work is Jonathan doing or what is he working?!

Can you please elaborate ............

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by Rossikk(m): 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2013
rman: This is a great development if indeed they will produce flat sheets. Flat sheets are needed in a lot metalic fabrication proceses.

Fixing power and Ajaokuta alone will create thousands of jobs that will cut across different sectors.

Although the FG should not claim credit for this.

If Ajaokuta is revived ( which is owned by the government ), then they deserve credit.

This is like the FG claiming the success of MTN, ETISALAT , GLO and AIRTEL in telecoms when only NITEL/MTEL that the government managed that failed.

The govt takes the credit for creating the enabling business environment and economic growth conditions that make companies decide to invest billions of dollars in the economy.

It is ignorant and bordering on illiteracy to claim that a dramatic rise in investment in a country has nothing to do with the nation's policies.
Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by TableLeg(m): 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
Rossikk:
It is ignorant and bordering on illiteracy to claim that a dramatic rise in investment in a country has nothing to do with the nation's policies.

Agree with some of the the above ... But on a 100% credit chunk block, how much do you think is down to the policies created and support given by the present administration?

And what policies were in place pre Jonathan?

What exactly did he create when he came in?

You seem to know very well about his policies .... Please elaborate
Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by initiate: 6:21pm On Apr 17, 2013
is the plant econimically viable? heard there was steel glut recently. has it eased off?
Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by koruji(m): 7:07pm On Apr 17, 2013
What jealousy? We are talking about bold-faced daylight claim-robbery that GEJ's media loudmouths are conducting. It is when people have nothing to show that they start latching on to other peoples efforts. That is exactly what they are doing!!! It is a pattern already, and they should not get away with it anymore.

Itoroetti :

So how jealousy and hatred have turn u into a political tout
Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by koruji(m): 7:13pm On Apr 17, 2013
Then tell us what exactly GEJ's policies contributed here or forever hold your peace. The plant started construction b4 GEJ. Let us have a list of the specific investments that his policy has attracted. I remember the fanfare with which Aganga was signing investment "ageements" about a year ago - show us the state of those "investments" now instead of latching on to projects they knew nothing about.

Rossikk:

The govt takes the credit for creating the enabling business environment and economic growth conditions that make companies decide to invest billions of dollars in the economy.

Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by ewet: 1:06am On Apr 18, 2013
Table Leg :

Permit me to interrupt ... What is the crux of the matter?!

What work is Jonathan doing or what is he working?!

Can you please elaborate ............
Don't mind them bros,thy are so much in want of anythng credible to associate GEJ's name with thy nw wnt to carryout bare faced robbery by claiming the steel plant as one of his achivements.They can continue to fool themselves but we tht refuses to be fooled,we pass them,them no reach!

Let them mention 1 thng tht guy has done tht deserves applauding
Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 18, 2013
I thought these ACN thugs said Fashola and Tinubu supported the steel company up till this point? How come the duo scheduled an ACN owambe the same day the steel factory will be commissioned? Shameless liars

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 18, 2013
koruji: You better go and find your bearings.
Do you think those two firms were built in the 2-3 years of GEJ's administration? You will probably find out that Fashola/Tinubu had much to do with facilitating these projects. That is why I advise people to keep GEJ from their projects because his loudmouths in the media have no shame in claiming these projects for GEJ. They are only inviting him to commission it - this is basically to honor him as the president, just like he was invited to the Eko Atlantic event.
One thing though, he will at least get to see the non-work his administration is doing on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway. That would be the second time in a couple of months after going to RCCG to collect blessings. GEJ probably will not attend this event anyway.

The same Tinubu/Fashola that you alleged built the factory from scratch or supported the factory all the way are going for ACN owambe the same day the factory will be commissioned. How does that add up? Shameless liar

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by phantom(m): 7:31am On Apr 18, 2013
eggheaders:

ignore that fool guy.have been waiting for the fool at police wives plaza opposite mko grardens for more than one hour.the fool is challenging me to a fight.guess what the coward no show.
lol.....riff raff!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by eggheaders(m): 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
phantom: lol.....riff raff!

baaaastard!!!.
Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by FolaAribilola: 12:48pm On Apr 18, 2013
Lol u must be pro GEJ/papa deceive pikin. If not why do u transposed commissioning of a private steel company/investor's establishment with GEJ achievement. Now let me tell u what u need to know. 1. If president Jonathan is working as u claimed, let him resuscitate Ajaokuta steel, delta steel - ugheli among others. 2. Power sector shld work at least 60% capacity, 3. Rail line at 1oo% capacity n creation new gauges to all free trade zones as well as industrial locations. 4. Improve on road construction, reconstruction n rehabilitation of major roads( ibadan - lagos express, sagamu-ore- benin rd etc). So u can see that ur so caLl oga at d top hasn't done much. Also democracy is all about competitiveness of all parties in d game of governance n politics.
Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by koruji(m): 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ewo...Read my post again and u will realize I was saying it is more likely both of those guys facilitated the plant than GEJ did. Reason being they have been on ground longer and closer to the project than GEJ.

Did u see the word "probably" at all? It is basically to counter your unfounded claim that GEJ is working becos he was invited to commission the plant. My use of probably also means they may have nothing to do with the plant, just like GEJ didn't.

Anyway, happy commissioning to GEJ. Are u happy now? grin grin grin

Sincere 9gerian:
The same Tinubu/Fashola that you alleged built the factory from scratch or supported the factory all the way are going for ACN owambe the same day the factory will be commissioned. How does that add up? Shameless liar
Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by Rossikk(m): 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
koruji: Then tell us what exactly GEJ's policies contributed here or forever hold your peace. The plant started construction b4 GEJ. Let us have a list of the specific investments that his policy has attracted. I remember the fanfare with which Aganga was signing investment "ageements" about a year ago - show us the state of those "investments" now instead of latching on to projects they knew nothing about.

When Boko Haram strikes, do you defend Jonathan by asking how he was responsible for the attack? No. You simply blame him. But when good things happen, you suddenly start demanding to know how Jonathan was involved. I've really no time for two-faced, sick imbeci.iles like you. If you want to know Jonathan's policies go read them up. It's not my duty to educate you. Same for the others asking the same stupi.d questions as you. As for investments, if you had a functional brain in your thick skull you would research this site for the numerous threads showing massive investment projects ongoing in this country in various sectors.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by tomakint: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2013
Rossikk: When Boko Haram strikes, do you defend Jonathan by asking how he was responsible for the attack? No. You simply blame him. But when good things happen, you suddenly start to demand to know how Jonathan was involved. I've really no time for two-faced, sick imbeci.iles like you. If you want to know Jonathan's policies go read them up. It's not my duty to educate you. Same for the others asking the same stupi.d questions as you.
1 trillion likes for capturing the 'characters behind Koruji and his ilks perfectly well' May your days be long 'Son of Peace! wink

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by koruji(m): 5:06pm On Apr 18, 2013
Don't annoy me man cheesy cheesy cheesy Your sense of patriotism is good but you are no more patriotic than I am - you simply carry yours into the realm of unnecessary jingoism - sometimes. Calling people imbeciles because of a discussion is low.

I am aghast at your below write-up. THE FG ARROGATES OUR ENTIRE SECURITY TO ITSELF - SO WHO ARE WE SUPPOSED TO BLAME FOR LETTING BOKO HARAM FESTER. NOBODY EVER SAID GEJ CAUSED BOKO HARAM -EXCEPT OF COURSE UNSERIOUS PEOPLE.

So my friend you are beating a strawman here and contradicting yourself. Let me give a simple analogy. You and I are about to eat a meal of bread and tea. I am tasked with getting bread and you with tea. However, I failed to deliver bread but you brought tea. Now someone sees us drinking tea and begins to thank me for working to bring tea. So you calmly explained to him that I didn't really bring the bread which was my assignment and the tea was your own contribution. If I had done my job we will be eating a full meal rather drinking effectively water. But this guy refused to stop, he goes ahead and says if you must blame me for refusing to bring bread then I must receive thanks for the tea too because, afterall, I am here drinking tea with you. In this simple analogy the bread is security, tea is private investment and the guy annoyingly thanking me is you and the others claiming credit for GEJ for a project he had nothing to do with.

Yes I should read up on GEJ's investment results but you should back-up your claims too.

Rossikk: When Boko Haram strikes, do you defend Jonathan by asking how he was responsible for the attack? No. You simply blame him. But when good things happen, you suddenly start demanding to know how Jonathan was involved. I've really no time for two-faced, sick imbeci.iles like you. If you want to know Jonathan's policies go read them up. It's not my duty to educate you. Same for the others asking the same stupi.d questions as you. As for investments, if you had a functional brain in your thick skull you would research this site for the numerous threads showing massive investment projects ongoing in this country in various sectors.
Re: Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! by koruji(m): 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
The usual suspects. How about a trillion-trillion-trillion likes !!!

tomakint:
1 trillion likes for capturing the 'characters behind Koruji and his ilks perfectly well' May your days be long 'Son of Peace! wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu And Shettima To Hold A Town Hall Meeting With Farmers In Niger Tommorrow / Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos / 104 Dapchi Girls Arrive Yobe To Reunite With Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.