Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,804 members, 7,844,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans (9874 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / AYC 2015: Senegal 1-3 Nigeria Live / 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by MadCow1: 10:37am On Apr 16, 2013
Ejiné: Na waa oh. Nairaland!

You are reporting this story 5 DAYS LATE, as it happened BEFORE they encountered Ghana on Sunday.

What is this site turning into?
What sort of laziness is this?

Don't you know that two stories reported in the wrong sequence can also count as MISINFORMATION?

Those players were disqualified before Nigeria encountered Ghana on Sunday, so essentially, the ones that duked it out with Ghana were good to go.

But with you reporting these stories in the wrong order, it would give the impression that the ones who defeated Ghana were over-aged and only disqualified after the match, hence counting as misinformation.

Na waa. [size=25pt]This site is fast sinking to the gutter.[/size]

Una for report this late story before the match, or never bothered reporting it at all.

Best statement of the day

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by 1ndidi2(f): 10:49am On Apr 16, 2013
Mad Cow: O well!!

I have a feeling that Ndidi Onyinye was framed!! angry

Yes I was angry mtcheew

*continue shaking my right leg and chewing chewingstick
Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by MadCow1: 10:51am On Apr 16, 2013
1ndidi2:

Yes I was angry mtcheew

*continue shaking my right leg and chewing chewingstick

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by Burger01(m): 11:40am On Apr 16, 2013
Ghanians are finding it difficult to come to terms with their abysmal and shameful loss to Nigeria. Abegi go sit for one corner dey watch classic soccer display from our boiz instead of getting busy spreading staled news...

sad
Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by Itoroetti(m): 11:43am On Apr 16, 2013
redcliff: After sending them back home, they should arrest the Nigeria official because there is no way in heaven and earth they would deny they dont know the real ages of these players. but come to think of it, our real U17 boiz cannot stand against U-17s elsewhere because they would be totally bullied to defeat.

Clap ur hands for ur legs.u sabi body we'll well.
Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by sheymoni(m): 1:13pm On Apr 16, 2013
Austine.E:
...thankGod for the MRS age test,this will enable us eliminate age cheats!am glad that atleast we watched our players within the under17 age limit devour their counterpart from Ghana!Ghanains are yet to come to terms with this reality,i watched Ghana Television yesterday and the sports analyst was trying to be mischievous,he said that he saw a Nigerian player who is bald and at 16yrs,he is wondering if that cld be genetic....Ghanians are bad losers!
MRS ko Texaco ni
Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by lakemoyoh: 1:43pm On Apr 16, 2013
Nigerian with fake cert. Oga ooo

6 Likes

Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by Monsieurshow(m): 3:33pm On Apr 16, 2013
Don't know the reason of deceiving ourselves cos no player among those representing their country in this tournament is below the age of 17 and they said M R I which can be tagged wuru wuru machine had just sacked nine players .
Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by Monsieurshow(m): 3:39pm On Apr 16, 2013
sheymoni:
MRS ko Texaco ni
Kada -n-kada my brother no fex
Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by Bidvest2020: 3:56pm On Apr 16, 2013
hahahaha na today? but how come only 3 were found out? they have to do another test asap n disqualify teams with over aged players.kick age cheating out of football! chei,bald headed men mansquerading as teenagers! wonders shall never end! hahahahaha
Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by andyanders: 5:22pm On Apr 16, 2013
Na today/ Since Nduka Ugbade who were then almost 40 yrs playing under 17. So, if we need real under 17 from Nigeria, they must still be in the secondary school. Not all these old boys fielded.That is why we cannot reach anywhere in any world cup.

All our players paying with Super Eagles are all above 35 yrs and above. No single player within that age bracket, unless Osaze, Moses,Anichebe, Onasa and few like them who grew outside this country.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by AustineE1: 7:18pm On Apr 16, 2013
sheymoni:
MRS ko Texaco ni
..bad guy!this is the only thing you picked out of the entire statement!anyway,lets blame it on the 'printers devil'!lol
Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by Abrantie: 10:21pm On Apr 16, 2013
ola_pluto: This happened over a week ago. The affected players have since left Morroco. They did not play against Ghana. I think the BBC or any of its reporters just pasting the story is up to no good.I suspect the story is from a Ghanaian reporter who hasnt come to terms that our cadets are better than theirs.

Whether it was before the Ghana match means nothing. The reason being MRI wrist scanning is only 68% accurate. This means there's a good chance a couple more Nigerian players weren't caught.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by olapluto(m): 11:33pm On Apr 16, 2013
Abrantie:

Whether it was before the Ghana match means nothing. The reason being MRI wrist scanning is only 68% accurate. This means there's a good chance a couple more Nigerian players weren't caught.
Very correct, and there's a bigger chance all the 11 players fielded by Ghana are over 24.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by Abrantie: 12:26am On Apr 17, 2013
ola_pluto:
Very correct, and there's a bigger chance all the 11 players fielded by Ghana are over 24.
No. If you know anything about statistics, the probability of that being the case is extremely low.

If FIFA's formula is good enough to catch an average of 3 players out of 24, and assuming Ghana did have at least 3 bad players, what are the chances that all 3 Ghana players were missed while other country's bad players were found?

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by solomon111(m): 6:15am On Apr 17, 2013
Abrantie: No. If you know anything about statistics, the probability of that being the case is extremely low.

If FIFA's formula is good enough to catch an average of 3 players out of 24, and assuming Ghana did have at least 3 bad players, what are the chances that all 3 Ghana players were missed while other country's bad players were found?
stop saying thrash.
Since MRI which is the best device we have now is 65% correct,then there is an unavoidable possibility of more than 3 ghanian players being overaged.
You were beaten fair and square,accept it.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by paduskinosa: 8:30am On Apr 17, 2013
lets stop making noise about this over age thing joor, Nigeria is not the only country fielding over aged players.
if only our football academy could be given the much needed support, then and only then will this matter be addressed.

http://champions.sportsblog.com/
Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by Bidvest2020: 9:58am On Apr 17, 2013
ola_pluto: there's a bigger chance all the 11 players fielded by Ghana are over 24.
crap! no player from Ghana was affected.they r clean! u tink u17s playing 40-yr olds is easy,huh?congrats 2 d Ghanaians 4 conceeding only 6 goals
Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by Bidvest2020: 10:13am On Apr 17, 2013
so,Ghana is the only team in the group that didn't take overaged players 2 morocco,huh? great stuff! but I insist on another-more vigorous- tests.d idea of bald,old men running around as u17s is completely unacceptable n a disgrace 2 african football
Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by fujirice: 11:42am On Apr 17, 2013
Bidvest2020: crap! no player from Ghana was affected.they r clean! u tink u17s playing 40-yr olds is easy,huh?congrats 2 d Ghanaians 4 conceeding only 6 goals

A 40yr old man and a 17yr old who shld be stronger and faster in a field of play? (football being the case this time around)
Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by olapluto(m): 11:49am On Apr 17, 2013
Bidvest2020: crap! no player from Ghana was affected.they r clean! u tink u17s playing 40-yr olds is easy,huh?congrats 2 d Ghanaians 4 conceeding only 6 goals
Keep consoling yourself. Instead of you to start feeding your players well. I thought your 'almighty' U17 beat many first team clubs in pre-tournament. Why didnt you complain then?
Re: 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans by olapluto(m): 11:56am On Apr 17, 2013
Veteran Ghanaian football administrator, Abbey Pobey claims the country can never win a title at the Under-17 level following the introduction of the MRI age-cheating test.

The Black Starlets recorded their worst defeat at the junior level in their country’s rich footballing history when they were hammered 6-1 by perennial rivals Nigeria in their opening match at the ongoing African Under-17 Championship in Morocco.

The Ghanaians were completely dazed by Nigeria who recorded their heaviest win over their opponent at the junior level in Marrakesh.

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) conducted an MRI test on all the players of the eight teams before the start of the championship.

Nine players including three Nigerians, three Ivorians and three Congolese failed to beat technology.

However a depleted Nigerian side were too hot for the Ghanaians to handle and the Neoplan Stars owner claims the country will struggle to win any title on the continent with the introduction of the age-cheating test.

“We shouldn’t tickle ourselves and laugh. I am saying that we can never win any title if we use the right ages,” [/b]Pobey claimed on Happy FM

[b]“We have to understand that we have cheated at the U17 level for many years [/b]and we must now adjust to the new system.

“It’s a good start for us. We should look at the growth of the players and expects to win titles at the senior level but never at the junior level.

[b]“Take it from me, we can never win the U17 again if we don’t cheat. I wasn’t surprise we lost to Nigeria.

“My only disappointment was that we lost by that humiliating margin. But the truth of the matter is that if we use our right ages, we can never win.

“I think Ghanaians should get use to that so we can continue to focus on building on their talents for future prospects.”

CAF introduced the MRI test ahead of the start of this year’s competition in order to combat the widespread issue of age-cheating.

The competition which has been thought to contain over- aged players for many years is now separating ‘the chaff from the wheat’ by employing the use of a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) to scan the wrist of the players thereby determining the bone density.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The bolded part says it all. Lets be honest with ourselves, Ghana is rubbish in football at all levels.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bet9ja Sure Winning Prediction For Today's Sure Winning / Nigeria VS DRC Game Will Go Ahead Despite Ebola Fears - Dalung. / Week 41 Bet9ja Pool Code For Saturday 13 April 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.