Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,933 members, 7,810,597 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test (2826 Views)

Under 17 Players To Pay For Their Expenses In Calabar Camp As Well As For Mri / 3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans / 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by skalamanga: 11:15am On Aug 26, 2009
Obuh Names Age Cheats

No fewer than 15 players of the national U-17 squad, the Golden Eaglets have been shown the exit door out of the team by the Nigerian Football Federation, NFF in the aftermath of the recent Magnetic Resonance Imaging, MRI test conducted on them.

This meant that the players may have been above the age bracket for the U-17 Championship and are consequently knocked out of the FIFA U-17 World Cup to be staged by Nigeria from October 24 to November 15, 2009.

The players are part of coach John Obuh’s 36-man team who have been undergoing training ahead of the championship.

The sack of the 15 players also meant that coach Obuh now has 21 players available to him to prosecute the U-17 championship which Nigeria is the defending champions after lifting the trophy for the third time in 2007 in South Korea.

Complete Sports understands that Kabiru Borgo, Abiodun Akande, Ariyo Olubukola, Habib Bello and Deji Joel are among those asked to leave the camp.

Also decamped include Yakubu Azeez, Ogungbe Ganiyu, Oriji Alu, Justice Chinedu, Chinedu Udegha, Amadi Moses, Solomon Enudi, Dubem Awaziem, Esse Joseph Junior and Olaitan Gambari.

The remaining players include: Kazeem Yekinni, Paul Danjuma, Bala Mohammed Saidi, Femi Orunimi, Aliyu Mohammed and Emeka Opara.

Others are: Bala Saidi, Rahman Azeem, Fortune Chukwudi, Kenneth Omeruo, Eze Ikechukwu, Dafe Egbedi, Jude White, Terry Envoh and Ogungua Gibson.

Emmanuel Sani Shehu, Sadiq Saliu, Abduljehil Ajagun, Omoh Ajabu, Onazie Ogeyi and Anthony Iyalekhue complete the list.

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/details.php?category=news&id=9647

we are beginnging to get it right and i think if this is sustained we may begin to have players that may last longer, what do you guys think?
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 26, 2009
Nice one.

So what happens to these guys?
Now that they've been caught are they just gonne go back to their respective clubs like nothing happened?
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by MUZBO(m): 11:41am On Aug 26, 2009
No nau, you don forget say na Naija we dey? Most of them go join the U21 team until another MRI eliminates them!
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by Nezan(m): 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2009
International embarassment!
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by lookmangiw(m): 12:42pm On Aug 26, 2009
But never cared to ask this question,They said 27 out of the 36 players were discovered to be grannies instead of under-17 youth they were looking,Now 15 have been asked to returned to their family(like three children and wife,subjecting them to another round of poverty).My point is that have a miracle now happened that now causes reduction in the ages of the remaining players because what i was expecting to read from the paper after the shameful incident was to disband the team and at least go to one of the secondary school in town and select the real under-17 players,ss2-ss3 student will be better.I have to let you know that i'm totally confused right now and i dont know what is going on.it seems like we are still going to present overage players after all the whole wahala of MRI testing.FIFA be alert ooooo.Nigeria has come again with his wonders,
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by chidyke77(m): 1:05pm On Aug 26, 2009
thats our problem. bt it pains me most when u see some in their late twenties claiming to be under seventeen,so pathetic.
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 26, 2009
It's not the fault of the players. . . Its the bleeped up sports system in Nigeria. How easy do u think it is for a 17 year old to get into the squad without connections?
Abeg. . . I don't blame anybody but the NFF for lack of planning. . .  Don't blame the guys at all!
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by BarbDeWyre: 2:07pm On Aug 26, 2009
I honestly think that if that was coducted again, more players might be found culpable. I can hardly believe that any Nigerian player in the age groups is below the age limit. This thing is so obvoius, even their younger ones will be older than they claim to be!
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by jamifa(m): 2:09pm On Aug 26, 2009
It is the fault of both playesr and the authority. We do we all act like we never knew this will be the case. Nigeria has alwyas presented over age players at football tournaments all along. I mean common. Can we all say that this is not the case?.
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by mjbaba: 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2009
Abeg dont blame the boys too much. I remember watching on TV, the conduct of the last CENSUS. The crew who went to 'count' the Aso Rock family asked the then president OBJ his age. he answered: "which one? the one my mom told me, or the one I used in joining the army?"
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by Donvilo(m): 5:05pm On Aug 26, 2009
Na waa ooo! shocked Nigeria don suffer be dat. How are our boys go dey fit win this cup sef
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by holymike47(m): 12:06am On Aug 27, 2009
I dont believe there is actually any 17 years old or less there, I can bet this.Match go start just now, we go see their face.
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by PurestBoy(m): 1:54am On Aug 27, 2009
International Embarrassment, Why Nigeria? I read it in goal.com today
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by davidif: 2:10am On Aug 27, 2009
Why only 15?? I thought 28 out of 35 were overage. Did the NFA just pick just allow the best player to stay? Now, i know why they had an emergency meeting in the first place instead of kicking out the players immediately.
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by luck007(m): 5:03am On Aug 27, 2009
Abeg dont blame the boys too much. I remember watching on TV, the conduct of the last CENSUS. The crew who went to 'count' the Aso Rock family asked the then president OBJ his age. he answered: "which one? the one my mom told me, or the one I used in joining the army?"

lol,  grin  grin  grin
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by slimshay(m): 7:52am On Aug 27, 2009
finally we wont be allowed to cheat anymore, sad lets jus hope its gonna be done all over the world. cos believe me, nigerian u-17 are about the same size as european under 13s. we are in trouble people!!!
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by U1(m): 12:18pm On Aug 27, 2009
Sorry, I don't mean to sound cynical here, I wonder how some of them were able to escape the MRI test. I find it a miracle to know that they indeed have some U-17 boys in there. Most of the last World Championship-winning boys were some kids' baba or my brodas, and I was supposed to be about 5 years their elder back then. I can't remember how old Alfa of the last golden eaglet claim, but not long ago I saw in the newspaper that he has just married, remember say na naija we dey o, a 19-year-old boy getting married? Abegi, na them saka.

@ jassie

With this your fire wey you dey smoke, you go wound o. Fela self no smoke this kain one. grin

@ Donvilo

You still dey talk about cup? Cup wey Argentina don carry go tey tey. undecided lipsrsealed
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by zmurda(m): 7:59am On Aug 28, 2009
hmmm!
just our way of life.
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by mickey2000(m): 10:32am On Aug 28, 2009
lying about our age is part of our culture now take the civil service for instance majority do not know when they were born
and so have to but an age there so they just state a good year. for employment seekers by the time one leaves uni after 4 years+ say 2 years for ASUU strike. and the fact that one enter school at 23 cause of jamb and now the old system when uni organise their entrance. u then finish in ur late 20s or early 30s, yet employers still put the cut off age at 25. then this MRI test must be a very bad thing for nigerian
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by chuddyh: 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2009
I want to thank those that thought it wise to our youth team. To be honest, I have been so woried with this age cheat attitude, how can those running our football present daddies as youths and even when they win this trophies Nigerians would go out the street celebrating. The truth is that the real under17 are in secondary schools no doubt about that. It is high time we stop presenting SUPER EAGLES as FLYING EAGLES. It is not helping our football. GOD BLESS NIGERIANS condeming this evil act.
Re: 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test by crocefisso: 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2009
Nice one.
Let's learn 2 do things the right way in this country. I think the scan should'nt be in football alone.We should also extend it to our politicians and politics,civil service, education and other sports.

(1) (Reply)

Startimes Gets Rights To Show World Cup Games / 2015 World Cup Live On Startimes / 5 Games For 25k+ Tomorrow With Just #100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.