Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi (11164 Views)

Wike Recovers Vehicle 'Illegally' Acquired By Amaechi Spokesman (Photos) / Mimiko Lashes Out At Ondo PDP Exco / We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by pcnwamadi(m): 7:29am On Apr 16, 2013
Rivers State Governor Chibuike Amaechi has suffered a major political setback as the state executive of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) backed by the governor, but led by Chief Godspower Akeh, was Monday removed by an Abuja High Court presided over by Justice Ishaq Bello.

Justice Bello approved the election of a parallel executive of a faction loyal to the Minister of State for Education, Nyeson Wike. The faction is led by Felix Obuah.

Based on the ruling, the PDP political leadership in Rivers State has effectively been yanked from Amaechi and transferred to Wike.

Obuah had gone to court to challenge the election of Akeh, who was elected chairman of the state executive organ of PDP in February 2011.

The faction had alleged that the election that brought in Akeh and his executive members was not democratically conducted.

The suit was initially before Justice Abubakar Talba who gave the controversial judgment on the case involving Director of the Police Pension Fund, John Yusuf.

However, the suit was transferred to Justice Bello, who gave judgment in favour of Wike’s faction.

The high point of the suit was when Justice Bello ruled that he had jurisdiction over the suit and adopted the affidavit of the Chairman of Edo State PDP, Dan Orbih, who in his affidavit said that the results paraded by Akeh did not emanate from the congress that he had conducted in Rivers State.

Justice Bello also overruled the video evidence to prove that Akeh was the authentic and duly elected chairman of PDP in the congress conducted in the state.

Commenting on the judgment, the Rivers State Commissioner for Information, Ibim Semenitari, said the governor would study the judgment before making a public comment on it.

She said: “We have heard the judgment and we are waiting for legal advice from our lawyers before making any comments.”

Wike present Minister of state for education who is believed to be Jonathans boy, was the former chief of staff to Amaechi before they fell out politically.

the battle line is drawn.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/amaechi-suffers-setback-as-court-sacks-rivers-pdp-exco/145040/

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by CHAIRMAN1(m): 7:41am On Apr 16, 2013
In as much as I'm not a fan of amechi, this action is a 100 percent wrong!
If this is true, then we aren't going forward as a nation
Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by AK481(m): 7:42am On Apr 16, 2013
Well...gej wants to frustrate aLl opponent in pdp.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by AK481(m): 7:43am On Apr 16, 2013
Well...gej wants to frustrate aLl opponent in pdp.
Lamido cud be next.

Only me get 2 slots for front page,wen some pipu dey use hand dey chop,I dey use spoon fork and knife.grin

3 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by clip: 7:46am On Apr 16, 2013
When Ameachi removed local government chairman it was not wrong abi?

14 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by pcnwamadi(m): 7:49am On Apr 16, 2013
clip: When Ameachi removed local government chairman it was not wrong abi?
nice question..

3 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by Sayfat(m): 7:51am On Apr 16, 2013
The shoeless and clueless one playing his cards.
#tornedumbrella#

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by pcnwamadi(m): 7:52am On Apr 16, 2013
Sayfat: The shoeless and clueless one playing his cards.
#tornedumbrella#
He is not as clueless as u people tink..

8 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by Dracula27: 7:59am On Apr 16, 2013
CHAIRMAN1: In as much as I'm not a fan of amechi, this action is a 100 percent wrong!
If this is true, then we aren't going forward as a nation
@Chairman pls is there more information so i can understand how it is wrong from your perspective? cos so far although the press is giving it a Jonathan coloration it is a simple judgement nd i think all the parties and facts would have been properly represented in court.

4 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 16, 2013
Amaechi must be wetting his pants already....boys will always be boys...

4 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by pcnwamadi(m): 8:21am On Apr 16, 2013
Billyonaire: Amaechi must be wetting his pants already....boys will always be boys...
when boys try to fight men

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by gregg2: 8:33am On Apr 16, 2013
Ameachi will soon receive the Temipreye Silva treatment.
He is becoming powerdrunk and has forgoten how he became governor.

7 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by Dreal1247: 8:40am On Apr 16, 2013
Amaechi should get ready 4 impeachment. State governors have succeeded in sweeping local govt chairmanship position under the carpet under Amaechi's leadership of governors' forum. Yet they are always holding the presidency to ransome.

3 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by Marotzke(m): 9:34am On Apr 16, 2013
Now he knows there are consequences for fighting the Oga at the Top.Even to annoint his successor will elude he has forgotten how PDP operates. The other day Akpabio mentioned a certain Judas who will be dealt with. Anybody know this judas?

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by pcnwamadi(m): 9:41am On Apr 16, 2013
Marotzke: Now he knows there are consequences for fighting the Oga at the Top.Even to annoint his successor will elude he has forgotten how PDP operates. The other day Akpabio mentioned a certain Judas who will be dealt with. Anybody know this judas?

grin

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by MadCow1: 10:20am On Apr 16, 2013
Amaechi should never have tried to cross Goodlucks Path.. angry

I really did like him, but he has failed one of the vital laws of the Mafia code; Never take sides in public with anyone against the Godfather.

4 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 16, 2013
Discrediting PDP via the court towards installing an APC leadership in Rivers State.

2015 . . . Fight to finish. . . Sai APC!

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by Profidada: 10:23am On Apr 16, 2013
Welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by dridowu: 10:25am On Apr 16, 2013
Oppositn and its cohorts @ wok ?
Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by Kelvinsonelly: 10:25am On Apr 16, 2013
Politics.
Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 16, 2013
Good for him. I blame Wike et al helping him rig-marole the legal system to be sworn from abuja back then. He should be allowed to become the non-entity he was prior to that unfortunate judgement.
I hope he decamps to the APC thus garnering greater wrath from rivers people.
Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by Inik(m): 10:26am On Apr 16, 2013
The beginning of the end for Amaechi

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 16, 2013
The Governors under Amechi's NGF are holding the local govts at
ransome, having all the resources available to them but turn to insist GEJ must do as they order him. Amechi is carrying fire that will soon consume him

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 16, 2013
[quote
author=Dreal1247]Amaechi should get ready 4 impeachment. State
governors have succeeded in sweeping local govt chairmanship position
under the carpet under Amaechi's leadership of governors' forum. Yet
they are always holding the presidency to ransome. [/quote]

I will be very happy to see this, even if GEJ will not be president in 2015 cos Amechi has forgotten how he became Gov and is now powerdrunk. The north wants to use him and cheat the south.

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by 175(m): 10:37am On Apr 16, 2013
Never step on the toes of d "clueless one" cos u mite not live to tell d tale. Only d lucky ones leave with broken political careers!!! ......(Timipreye, 2011)

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by christextension: 10:38am On Apr 16, 2013
The battle b/w GEJ and Amaechi has just began.
Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 16, 2013
christextension: The battle b/w GEJ and Amaechi has just began.

I dont have any problem if GEJ is voted out should there be no improvement by 2015. But for Amechi to be used to undo his brother is what I dont understand. Not that he is performing or better in any way.

3 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by tope777(m): 10:45am On Apr 16, 2013
Lesson 001, never fight your head because it comprises of several powerhouse i.e nose, eyes, ear and mouth.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 16, 2013
Amaechi shd melow down small o before dem do am Alamsinization and Iborinization principles o
Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by pcnwamadi(m): 10:48am On Apr 16, 2013
kaorama:

I dont have any problem if GEJ is voted out should there be no improvement by 2015. But for Amechi to be used to undo his brother is what I dont understand. Not that he is performing or better in any way.
word..
Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 16, 2013
Politics is one entertainment game. I dey wait for part 2 of this movie.
Re: Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi by jaymdee(m): 10:51am On Apr 16, 2013
Scripted Games!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode’s 2019 Budget Presentation / Buhari Meets Yobe, Jigawa And Kebbi State Governors In Abuja (photos) / Kyari: IGP Didn’t Shut Intelligence, Special Tactical Squads - Muyiwa Adejobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.