Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,739 members, 7,820,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses (3633 Views)

Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng / Mimiko Lashes Out At Ondo PDP Exco / Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by Abagworo(m): 7:44am On Apr 18, 2013
CHAIRMEN of 21 local government areas in Rivers State, have vowed not to recognise the Felix Obuah-led Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, executive that was recognised as the authentic executive of the party by an Abuja High Court on Monday.

Speaking, yesterday, in Port Harcourt, under the aegis of Association of Local Government of Nigeria, ALGON, Rivers State chapter, the chairmen described the verdict of the court, which sacked the Chief Godspower Ake-led faction of the party, as a miscarriage of justice, adding that it was part of an alleged grand design by a group of individuals to rupture the peace in the state.

They said there had been an alleged plot to create an environment that would warrant the declaration of a state of emergency in Rivers State, with a view to illegally removing Governor Chibuike Amaechi from office.

Chairman of the body, Mr. Chimbuko Akarolo, noted that the alleged boundary dispute between the state and Bayelsa State was part of the scheme.

He said: “In furtherance of the plot by these disgruntled elements, Rivers State had been victimised, deprived, denied and alienated by the government at the centre, of its resources and due benefits, such as ceding unlawfully, oil wells of Rivers State to Bayelsa, refusal to develop or repair federal infrastructure in Rivers State, among others.

“The high point of the grand plot was executed by the sack of the duly elected PDP Rivers State executive,  and illegal swearing in of a group that never contested election, as the new executive, relying on an Abuja High Court judgment.”

Declaring their unflinching support for the Ake deposed executive, the council chairmen pleaded with members of the party to remain law abiding, adding that the judgment of the trial court had been appealed against.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/we-wont-recognise-new-pdp-exco-rivers-lg-bosses/
Re: We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 18, 2013
Okpala nti ike na anu ihe na afo nnunu. They want to follow the governor and walk into political grave. Na dem go kneeldown beg GEJ at d end o
Re: We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by Ibangap(m): 8:38am On Apr 18, 2013
And they forgot so fast hw their own boss Amaechi came to power; thru d law. I can remember he neva contested the 2007 general elections too.
Humans! We cry only wen it doesn't favour us.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by Cmoyor: 8:51am On Apr 18, 2013
Power play @ its best
Re: We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by free2ryhme: 8:54am On Apr 18, 2013
E no concern me o o
Re: We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by Trut(m): 8:57am On Apr 18, 2013
Medicine after death.
Re: We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 18, 2013
. See them dey beat around the bush________Allied Revolt in Rivers PDP.
Re: We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 18, 2013
Ibanga p: And they forgot so fast hw their own boss Amaechi came to power; thru d law. I can remember he neva contested the 2007 general elections too.
Humans! We cry only wen it doesn't favour us.
The whole issue is quite funny as we never voted Amaechi to power yet he is the governor... miscarriage of just and now he is on the receiving end. SUCH IS LIFE
Re: We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by sayso: 9:11am On Apr 18, 2013
GEJ you will slowly walk to your end.The people that will salvage you later in life is the same people you are fighting.You will lose the 2015 election and run like you pardon ally, but will never set foot in Rivers state.
River/Bayelsa State are your people, bring them together for the war ahead.
Re: We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by visalo: 9:18am On Apr 18, 2013
Local Goverment Chairmen my foot. They know their political era have come to an end. But i wonder why they are crying helpless. They quick to forgot that their boss Amaechi came to goverment through court process. they have not see any thing, at the right time, they will seek for their own tent. I dey lol
Re: We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by 1shortblackboy: 9:22am On Apr 18, 2013
They can all break their break their heads for all I care the niGgaz don't care abt me I don't care abt dem

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by visalo: 9:23am On Apr 18, 2013
sayso: GEJ you will slowly walk to your end.The people that will salvage you later in life is the same people you are fighting.You will lose the 2015 election and run like you pardon ally, but will never set foot in Rivers state.
River/Bayelsa State are your people, bring them together for the war ahead.

why don`t you wake up from your slumber. is like you are enjoying the leadership of that despot governor call Amaechi. Sorry oooh, soon he will be impeach and send to jail. Remember Ibori case will be like a child play compare to what will happen to him.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by Reference(m): 9:45am On Apr 18, 2013
OBj was president and it was mayhem in Ogun politics and tough battles in the south-west in general. Now its GEJ's turn. This I predicted just over two years ago that the overriding benefit in having the presidency from a particular zone is that it raises the temperature of political awareness which translates to good governance down the line.

That is my hope for the Niger-Delta. That from the ashes of these struggles will rise quality people to bring the dividends of democracy. It has started. For all his flaws Dickson is a lot better than the past Bayelsa governor and more to come. Rivers people will find a better man than Amaechi to handle affairs.

Whatever has distracted him and led him into a squabble with the Presidency will benefit democracy. It is the paddy paddy states that are the most backward in Nigeria. Abia learn from Imo and Anambra and put that man's feet to the fire.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by slimming: 10:17am On Apr 18, 2013
Party and politics
Re: We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
If not careful every news would be Rivers cos i can see war among polithiefcians there.
Re: We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by Olaolufred(m): 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
visalo:

why don`t you wake up from your slumber. is like you are enjoying the leadership of that despot governor call Amaechi. Sorry oooh, soon he will be impeach and send to jail. Remember Ibori case will be like a child play compare to what will happen to him.

YOUR COMMENTS SHOWED YOU ARE A VETERAN IN THE JUNGLE OF ANIMAL FARM.
WELLDONE, MR CHIEF-IN-THE-JUNGLE.

HOWEVER, TIME WILL TELL.
Re: We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by stebell(m): 9:20pm On Apr 18, 2013
Gov. Amaechi hv yu forgotten so soon hw yu came to govern Rivers State. All yu supporters of Amaechi let me remind yu peeps dat (1) Sir Peter Odili nominated him(Amaechi) and made him de flag bearer even wen some pdp members were not happy about his nomination. (2) former President Obasanjo came to Rivers n said Amaechi nomination has a K-Leg. He was immeditely replaced by his cousin Sir Celestine Omehia. The election came and people came out in their large numbers to vote for Omehia. Amaechi went to court and was installed as de Governor even wen he didn't contest. Now wat he achieved thro de court anoda has jus benefitted. Amaechi n his misguided local council chairmen are crying wolf dat D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ wouldn't recognize de newly inaugurated pdp excos in de state. Well D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ shud all wait n see wat will happen to em all fools. Frsh Air jare
Re: We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by stebell(m): 9:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
Gov. Amaechi hv yu forgotten so soon hw yu came to govern Rivers State. All yu supporters of Amaechi let me remind yu peeps dat (1) Sir Peter Odili nominated him(Amaechi) and made him de flag bearer even wen some pdp members were not happy about his nomination. (2) former President Obasanjo came to Rivers n said Amaechi nomination has a K-Leg. He was immeditely replaced by his cousin Sir Celestine Omehia. The election came and people came out in their large numbers to vote for Omehia. Amaechi went to court and was installed as de Governor even wen he didn't contest. Now wat he achieved thro de court anoda has jus benefitted. Amaechi n his misguided local council chairmen are crying wolf dat D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ wouldn't recognize de newly inaugurated pdp excos in de state. Well D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ shud all wait n see wat will happen to em all fools. Fresh Air jare
Re: We Won’t Recognise New PDP Exco – Rivers LG Bosses by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 19, 2013
i dey laugh oo. amaechi better learn fast. nyesom wike is the father of mordern grassroot politics in rivers state. but amaechi has dug his grave long before. lets wait and see.

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Ogun State People / PDP Supporters Begging For Corn / Mugabe Laughs At Ghana “they Are Still As Poor As In The 60s"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.