Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur (4982 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable / Waziri Replaces Hamman Tukur As TCN Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by bcomputer101: 8:01am On Apr 16, 2013
PDP 'll win at least 32 states in 2015 -Tukur
2013-04-15 23:16:13

The Peoples Democratic Party on Monday boasted that it had no reason to lose sleep as it would convincingly win most of the 36 states of the federation during the 2015 general elections.

While its Chairman, Alhaji Bamangar Tukur, believes that through hard work, the party would win at least 32 states, the Board of Trustees Chairman, Chief Tony Anenih, said, "We will do what we know how to do best" to sweep the polls.

Tukur spoke when members of a PDP caucus from the South-West visited him in Abuja while Anenih did same after a three-hour closed-door meeting with a former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

"We need to work hard now because we have a (presidential) mandate to move beyond 23 states in our control and win at least 32," the PDP chairman told the caucus led by a former governorship aspirant in Oyo State in 2011, Prof. Taoheed.

But one of the main opposition parties, the Action Congress of Nigeria, flayed the presidential mandate, saying, "It is clear that the PDP does not believe that Nigerians are going to vote and have their votes counted."

Tukur, however, believes that for the PDP to achieve the mandate, reconciliation must first take place in the party so that all its members would begin to invest in the future through hard work, diligence and dedication to the cause of the party.

With this, he said, the PDP would win the polls without any foul play.

Tukur said, "We have to show electoral strength this time. In doing it, we will work hard and work well. We will move with the speed of jet and we will deliver without any foul antics. I use this opportunity to appeal to our members to bury the hatchet and cast away whatever forlorn hope they nurse about the future.

"I appeal to our members to begin to invest in the future right away and doing so involves hard work, diligence and dedication to the cause of PDP."

He said that the National Working Committee of the party under his leadership had concluded plans to embark on a tour of all the states to carry out reconciliation and to put the party on a sound footing for the general elections.

Tukur said that it was worthy of note that the Independent National Electoral Commission had been known to conduct elections that could be adjudged to be free, open and credible under the Goodluck Jonathan administration.

The PDP National Chairman stressed that the membership of the party had a responsibility to prove that the party had the widest spread in the country.

Earlier, Adedoja, who spoke on behalf of the 15-member delegation, had said that they were in Tukur's office to discuss critical issues involving the PDP in the South -West.

In Abeokuta, Anenih, told journalists after his meeting with Obasanjo that the internal wrangling in the PDP would not stop it from winning the general elections.

"PDP is the party to beat; when the time comes, I assure you we will do what we know how to do best,"Anenih, who is known as "Mr Fix it," boasted.

He dismissed the planned merger of opposition political parties as incapable of posing any threat to the ruling party during the polls, saying that all hands were already on deck to ensure that the party was repositioned for better performance in 2015.

Asked to give an insight into the agenda of the meeting with Obasanjo, the BOT chairman said they discussed issues affecting the nation, including insecurity and the crisis rocking the ruling party.

"I am here to see my leader (Obasanjo); I am here to pay my respect and, indeed, I am here with my colleagues, some members of the BOT of our party, to discuss some issues that affect the corporate existence of this country; some issues about the insecurity in the country and some issues about the party itself," he said.

Anenih however declined to make public, the outcome of the meeting .

"As you see, we are all smiling. Can't you see me smiling? And my leader too is smiling. So, we are quite happy about the outcome. For now, it is not for public consumption," he stated.

He also used the opportunity to debunk recent claims by Governor Ibikunle Amosun that the Ogun State chapter of the PDP was "dead and burried."

"Let me tell you, almost all of us here are members of the PDP in Ogun State; so you cannot say that PDP is dead in Ogun State. The leader of PDP in Nigeria is here and that is the former President," Anenih said.

When approached by journalists, Obasanjo merely retorted, "Did you hear what our chairman said?"

Among the party chieftains at the meeting were the Chairman of the PDP Governors' Committee on Reconciliation in the South-West, Governor Ibrahim Shema of Katsina State; his Jigawa State counterpart, Alhaji Sule Lamido; a former Kaduna State Governor, Senator Ahmed Makarfi; former Nasarawa State Governor, Alhaji Abdullahi Adamu, and the party's BOT Secretary, Senator Walid Jubrin.

The sacked PDP National Vice- Chairman (South-West), Chief Segun Oni, a former National Auditor, Chief Bode Mustapha; and former Ogun State PDP Chairman, Joju Fadairo, were also in attendance.

Meanwhile, the ACN has denounced the presidential mandate, saying that Jonathan and Tukur must begin to realise that Nigerians would not vote for them in 2015.

National Publicity Secretary of the ACN, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, in a telephone interview with one of our correspondents, said, " They have been talking about plans to capture 32 states.

"If you observe the lexicon of the PDP, you will see that there is nothing democratic about them. By the time Tukur and Jonathan wake up, they will realise that they have been living in a fool's paradise because Nigerians have deserted them a very long time ago and no amount of coercion can make them achieve that kind of fathom ambition.

"The only thing is that it probably confirms our fear that there may be no election in 2015 since they have been given a mandate to capture 32 states. They are not talking about elections.

"Nigerians should be very, very weary. Don't forget that last week, we raised the alarm that the way the Federal Government was going there was no guarantee for free and fair elections. Nigerians should take note and be very, very vigilant but we want to assure Tukur and Jonathan that Nigerians will not vote for them in 2015."

Speaking in a similar vein, his counterpart in the All Nigerian Peoples Party, Chief Emma Eneukwu, dismissed Tukur's assertion as an empty boast.

He said, "He (Tukur) is only trying to console himself by talking big. The elections will be done by Nigerians who will rate them according to their performance in the past 12 years.

"Nigerians are not fools who can be deceived by mere boasts by a party that has plunged the country into terrible darkness. The day of reckoning is approaching."
Source: mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-ll-win-at-least-32-states-in-2015-tukur/
Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by Toktee(m): 8:54am On Apr 16, 2013
Bamaga tukur and tony anenih,these two old fools has refused to dream dreams as the bible says,now bamaga escape been humuliated the only way he can console himself and please pdp iz to make noise and made promises that can never come to pass,.........mr anenih lost his own state to acn despite the fact that he did what he knw how to do best,now every should see how jonathan is in case of all these old politicians that has refused to die,....pdp must be disgrace out come 2015

4 Likes

Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by MadCow1: 9:15am On Apr 16, 2013
Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by Judolisco(m): 9:16am On Apr 16, 2013
Dream on PDP dream on
Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by NoContract(m): 9:16am On Apr 16, 2013
So its now about winning states and thats all!

No other ambition. No aims, just win the states and eat money.

Do I even need to vote sef?

6 Likes

Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by wellmax(m): 9:18am On Apr 16, 2013
bcomputer101: PDP 'll win at least 32 states in 2015 -Tukur
While its Chairman, Alhaji Bamangar Tukur, believes that through hard work, the party would win at least 32 states, the Board of Trustees Chairman, Chief Tony Anenih, said, "We will do what we know how to do best" to sweep the polls./

Oga Tukur and Anenih, we know what you do best...rigging.

8 Likes

Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by auditor0471: 9:22am On Apr 16, 2013
here come d dreamers i dey laugh in french
Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by PastorOla1: 9:22am On Apr 16, 2013
Good to DREAM
Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by Abirisegun(m): 9:23am On Apr 16, 2013
I think this old man is high on something. He better think and work towards winning the state he's from to PDP. 32 states my foot!
Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by pat077: 9:27am On Apr 16, 2013
pdp won't just win 32 states, they're going 2 win d entire 36 states. Infact, they 'll even win in benin rep and togo.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by gen2briz(m): 9:28am On Apr 16, 2013
At least 36 states abi. ......pdp hummm
Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by Dee60: 9:28am On Apr 16, 2013
I still de laugh! Big dreamers.
Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by vanstanzy(m): 9:29am On Apr 16, 2013
I know PDP hopes to massively rig elections again as usual. Tukur, can't be sounding so co*cky for nothing. What? with Mr. Fix it in the picture, anything can happen.
PDP can never win in a free and fair election!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by edgideon(m): 9:30am On Apr 16, 2013
c hin mouth how many oda parties go win
Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by Seeeeeeee: 9:32am On Apr 16, 2013
vanstanzy: I know PDP hopes to massively rig elections again as usual. Tukur, can't be sounding so co*cky for nothing. What? with Mr. Fix it in the picture, anything can happen. PDP can never win in a free and fair election!

But am tired of the PDP fresh air

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by simongonner: 9:33am On Apr 16, 2013
I HATE PDP..ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.....APC FOR 2015
Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by vanstanzy(m): 9:34am On Apr 16, 2013
NoContract: So its now about winning states and thats all!

No other ambition. No aims, just win the states and eat money.

Do I even need to vote sef?

Now my people are beginning to see the true picture and that makes me happy. grin grin grin From PDP, to APC, and down to the least party (If am not wrong). Winning seats is all that matters, cos seats comes with loads of money to stash. The populace that they are to govern can go to hell, for all they care. embarassed embarassed
PDP are masterminds in this devilish scheme of rigging to win at all cost. angry angry

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by RedLight1: 9:35am On Apr 16, 2013
yep... With the help of inec,
political thugs, boko haram,
matchetes and guns ...
Anything is possible

2 Likes

Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 16, 2013
Since we'r talking about elections, lets stretch the debate further. Do you know that Tinubu and Fashola are afraid elections? Due to fear of confronting Lagos electorates, Fashola and his godfather, Tinubu, have resorted to IMMORAL tenure elongation for incumbent local govt chairmen and councillors.
http://saharareporters.com/press-release/tenure-elongation-local-government-chairmen-and-councillors-lagos-state-illegal-and-im

Why is Tinubu and Fashola afraid of elections?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 16, 2013
Old gee didn't use the word "capture" this time around. That's an improvement right? undecided
Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:39am On Apr 16, 2013
Without rigging, PDP ll not win up to 15 states.
They have failed Nigerians
Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by bashydemy(m): 9:40am On Apr 16, 2013
This PDP are bunch of lunatic, well 2015 is around the corner so patiently waiting
Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by vanstanzy(m): 9:40am On Apr 16, 2013
Seeeeeeee:

But am tired of the PDP fresh air

Lets just do the right thing by not basing our votes on sentiment and vote the PDP out (at least we can try! undecided undecided). At least we know now that a party greatly influences a candidates performance, GEJ and PDP being our test subjects.
More than ever our future lies in our hands.

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Since we'r talking about elections, lets stretch the debate further. Do you know that Tinubu and Fashola are afraid elections? Due to fear of confronting Lagos electorates, Fashola and his godfather, Tinubu, have resorted to IMMORAL tenure elongation for incumbent local govt chairman and councillors.
http://saharareporters.com/press-release/tenure-elongation-local-government-chairmen-and-councillors-lagos-state-illegal-and-im

Why is Tinubu and Fashola afraid of elections?

Why not open a separate thread to address this issue, like you always do?

The topic is about PDP and their quest to win more states. Address this topic or get lost.

11 Likes

Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by eggheaders(m): 9:41am On Apr 16, 2013
somebody should wake this old fools from the pimpers paradise they living in.
Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 16, 2013
NA JAZZZZ?!?!?!
Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by meerah25(f): 9:45am On Apr 16, 2013
Yes the ll definate win by rigged!
Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by IbroYaya: 9:47am On Apr 16, 2013
My problem with the opposition is that they never dream big.
PDP is dreaming big and they are complaining. Atleast if PDP doesn't meet its target, it won't be far from it, cos of the forecast and planning.

You only hear the opposition saying, they will capture the whole of south west or north central. Why can't they dream big too?

They think that by merging they can win the whole nation, but they forget that their ideology differs.

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by sammmiey1: 9:47am On Apr 16, 2013
Nah by force 2rule?we dnt want pdp in circulation any longer!Go!
Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by ichommy(m): 9:48am On Apr 16, 2013
Y not win 32, Mtcheww
Re: PDP Will Win At Least 32 States In 2015 - Tukur by watchindelta(m): 9:48am On Apr 16, 2013
pdp must falllllll come 2015 bt only wen nigerias wake up from their slumber rare shocked undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's Bank Sponsored His Election And It Wasn't Corruption. / Experts And Groups Want New NDDC Board To Supervise Audit / Reno Omokri Reacts To Dangote's 96th Ranking In The BBI World Richest People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.