Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:51 AM

How Do We Measure The Performance Of State Governments? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do We Measure The Performance Of State Governments? (4253 Views)

How Will You Rate The Performance Of INEC Under Buhari's Administration? / Rate The Performance Of Saraki, The Senate President So Far / Pics: Head-to-head Performance Of APC And PDP at The Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do We Measure The Performance Of State Governments? by Kairoseki77: 7:13pm On Apr 16, 2013
Stop whining just because GEJ is failing.

He is the only person who can push for true federalism, and he HASN'T.

You can't blame everyone else for the man's incompetence. Especially when some Governors ARE performing.

You don't see Fashola letting the FG get in the way of his performance. Why should we cry for GEJ?

Re: How Do We Measure The Performance Of State Governments? by OmoTier1(m): 7:18pm On Apr 16, 2013
trix!:

Of all the ridiculous things I've read on NL, this definitely takes the price.
So its Ok for the states and LGA to under-perform as just because you feel the FG isn't performing?

I keep telling people that is is much easier to hold your counselor/ward chairman/LGA chairman accountable, than to be looking at far away Aso Rock.

Lets join hands together and make Nigeria great! The change must begin from the bottom up!
You are missing the great gospel of Nigeria autocratic democracy! How do you hold your counselor/ward chairman/LGCDA chairman etc to accountability when the FG who is the custodian of the institutions that ought to be the platform on which concerned citizens will call the account these leaders and made them face the full weight of the law when found wanting?

Imagine I have information on a corrupt dealing by a LG Chairman, who am I to turn to? is it the Police that is synonymous with corruption? Is it the Judiciary that is a custodian of the grail book of corruption? of is it the supposedly anti-corruption commissions that are monuments of corruption themselves? Else are you suggesting I take the laws into my hands become a Bokoharamist and bomb bomb bomb?

Lets call a spade a spade. The FG has failed eternally to create the institutions highly needed by Nigerians for them to become the "first eye of witness" who keeps the society in watch.
Re: How Do We Measure The Performance Of State Governments? by Demdem(m): 2:11pm On Apr 17, 2013
trix!:

Of all the ridiculous things I've read on NL, this definitely takes the price.
So its Ok for the states and LGA to under-perform as just because you feel the FG isn't performing?

I keep telling people that is is much easier to hold your counselor/ward chairman/LGA chairman accountable, than to be looking at far away Aso Rock.

Lets join hands together and make Nigeria great! The change must begin from the bottom up!

I have no doubt in my mind that u are very daft. Where in my comment which u qouted did I stated the above? Where did I endorse the thievery going on in the states.
Again I reiterate that u are really daft.
By the way dumb, change can only happen from above down and not vice versa.
Re: How Do We Measure The Performance Of State Governments? by otokx(m): 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2013
The same way the performance of the FG is measured is the same way that of state and LG should be measured which is basically media propaganda on some paid tv programmes especially on AIT which needs patronage as its broke and NTA/FRCN which are govt owned and not independent.

Forgot to add that states /lg for lack of finance for tv media engage in use of billboards to showcase their well constructed projects. Sadly though the pictures in the billboards and what is on ground have little or no similarities.
Re: How Do We Measure The Performance Of State Governments? by rash47(m): 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
Intresting,dissection of nigeria quasi federalism going on here.

Much burden and expection has always been placed on the shoulder of the FG whom is d cradle of corruption,this same oga's @ the top directly control the local lord's in their respective state accros the federation. Its has always been about go and fetch our share @ the centre.

...Na paddy paddy govt......in the voice of fela

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. / Photo Emerges Of Jacob Zuma Allegedly Beating A Foreigner / Stop Playing With Fire & Withdraw Troops -- Tompolo Warns Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.