Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Is Airtel Unlimited Subscription To Whatsapp Independent Of BB Package - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Airtel Unlimited Subscription To Whatsapp Independent Of BB Package (3400 Views)

Pictures: Is Airtel The Fastest Network In Nigeria? / Airtel Unlimited Night Plan. / Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Airtel Unlimited Subscription To Whatsapp Independent Of BB Package by jonath0012(m): 8:45am On Apr 16, 2013
Hello nairaland users, don't knw if anyone have tried this before: Just yesterday I exhausted my BIS; so, i decided to go for airtel unlimited subscription to whatsApp to keep in contact with my friends. I dialed *948# to subscribe for it. To my amazement, my money was deducted, but I couldn't access it. I even tried to check if my account was credited by dialing the code '*123*4#', but nothing appear on my phone screen. So, I contacted their Customer Care Agent to log conplaint but their replies were contradictory. 1.The first agent says that for me to be able to access whatsApp i must subscribe to BLackBErry package. If that is true, then why must they deduct #100 for whatsApp package since, at the long run, its service still depends on BlackBerry subscription package? 2. Another agent says their application is independent on each other; that is, without activating your BIS, if you are on AIrtel unlimited subscription to whatsApp, you can still have free access to whatsApp. If this is true, why was i denied access to whatsApp on my BB. In summary, I want to know if one can access whatsApp after one has entered the code *948# and money has been deducted, without BB subscription.
Re: Is Airtel Unlimited Subscription To Whatsapp Independent Of BB Package by walcolm(m): 9:04am On Apr 16, 2013
i didnt read your post in full but the simple and straight up answer to your question is this

1. if you have BIS, you dont need to do the airtel thing, your whatsapp will run on the back of your data
2. if you're not a BB user but you use other smartphones (androids/iPhones etc) and subscribe to a data plan, you also don't need the airtel thing. whatsapp will run on the back of your data plan

i believe the airtel thing should be for people using feature phones and don't t subscribe to regular data plan
Re: Is Airtel Unlimited Subscription To Whatsapp Independent Of BB Package by ihafiz17: 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2013
i did it on my android 16days ago. i hav nt bn able to do it. e don taya me

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Pop Up Ads (airpush) On Andriod / See What Someone Found In His Newly Purchased Hard Drive / Innjoo 2 Review,photos & Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.