Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,446 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Dokubo Dismisses Mend’s Mosque Attack Threats - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokubo Dismisses Mend’s Mosque Attack Threats (450 Views)

Boko Haram Leader Shekau Dismisses Nigerian Military Claims / Kano Mosque Attack: Bombs Were Detonated By A Strange 'white Man'- Survivor / Disturbing Images From Recent Kano Mosque Attack, Viewer Discretion Is Advised. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dokubo Dismisses Mend’s Mosque Attack Threats by dulaman: 12:10pm On Apr 16, 2013
Leader of the Niger Delta People’s Volunteer Force (NDPVF), Alhaji Mujahid Asari Dokubo yesterday dismissed Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) threats on attacking mosques and Islamic institutions.
Dokubo, who addressed journalists yesterday at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, was reacting to the threat by the MEND to attack mosques and Islamic institutions.
Dokubo, who arrived the State House shortly after the federal government’s delegation to 2012 hajj of which he is a member had submitted its report to President Goodluck Jonathan, warned against throwing the nation into a religious crisis.
“I’m a Muslim. I don’t subscribe to attacking religious centres of worship. Two, I don’t believe that MEND exists. I’ve always said there is nothing like MEND. MEND is just the figment of the imagination of people; it is on the internet, newspapers. But who is MEND? Nobody can really tell you. MEND was formed, only for name for the purpose of my release and that of Alamieyeseigha when we were in detention.
“There is no religious war in Nigeria and nobody should try to throw Nigeria into religious crisis that will have far-reaching consequences. For instance in Yoruba land, how are you going to fight? In some families, the mother is a Christian, the father is a Muslim. There are pastors and missioners of Islamic organizations. Of my father’s children, I’m the only Muslim, and my 16 children are also Muslims. So, how are we going to fight and kill each other. I don’t think it will be possible and I don’t think anybody should be foolhardy in introducing that agenda into the crisis we already have,” he said.
Speaking further, Dokubo described the proposed amnesty for Boko Haram as a fraud, saying it is not known to the Nigerian law. “If amnesty is given to Boko Haram, the Yusufiya Movement, MASSOB or any organization, as far as it has been given to one set of people; it should be given to all.” http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news-news/52308-dokubo-dismisses-mend-s-mosque-attack-threats
Re: Dokubo Dismisses Mend’s Mosque Attack Threats by dulaman: 12:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
dulaman: Leader of the Niger Delta People’s Volunteer Force (NDPVF), Alhaji Mujahid Asari Dokubo yesterday dismissed Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) threats on attacking mosques and Islamic institutions.
Dokubo, who addressed journalists yesterday at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, was reacting to the threat by the MEND to attack mosques and Islamic institutions.
Dokubo, who arrived the State House shortly after the federal government’s delegation to 2012 hajj of which he is a member had submitted its report to President Goodluck Jonathan, warned against throwing the nation into a religious crisis.
“I’m a Muslim. I don’t subscribe to attacking religious centres of worship. Two, I don’t believe that MEND exists. I’ve always said there is nothing like MEND. MEND is just the figment of the imagination of people; it is on the internet, newspapers. But who is MEND? Nobody can really tell you. MEND was formed, only for name for the purpose of my release and that of Alamieyeseigha when we were in detention.
“There is no religious war in Nigeria and nobody should try to throw Nigeria into religious crisis that will have far-reaching consequences. For instance in Yoruba land, how are you going to fight? In some families, the mother is a Christian, the father is a Muslim. There are pastors and missioners of Islamic organizations. Of my father’s children, I’m the only Muslim, and my 16 children are also Muslims. So, how are we going to fight and kill each other. I don’t think it will be possible and I don’t think anybody should be foolhardy in introducing that agenda into the crisis we already have,” he said.
Speaking further, Dokubo described the proposed amnesty for Boko Haram as a fraud, saying it is not known to the Nigerian law. “If amnesty is given to Boko Haram, the Yusufiya Movement, MASSOB or any organization, as far as it has been given to one set of people; it should be given to all.” http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news-news/52308-dokubo-dismisses-mend-s-mosque-attack-threats

(1) (Reply)

Fashola To Lift Ban On Religious Activities In Schools / Why APC Must Take Over – Party Leaders / Over 5,000 Boko Haram Members And Their Wives To Get Amnesty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.