Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Blinking Check Engine Light In 1999 V6 Toyota Camry - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Blinking Check Engine Light In 1999 V6 Toyota Camry (2871 Views)

How To Remove Check Engine Light Originating From Bad/absent Catalytic Converter / Need Advice On My Audi A6 1999 V6 Quattro. / Which Automatic Transmission Fluid For My 1999 V6 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blinking Check Engine Light In 1999 V6 Toyota Camry by llade(m): 1:35pm On Apr 16, 2013
Dis car has been ma first toyota and am deeply concerned because av gone tru alot with dis car. A couple of months ago I had to cut d cranshaft and was told I needed to buy a new gearbox. I did that dis February but 3 weeks after installing the new gear box I noticed d gearbox does not select well after initial engine startup in the monin and after driving for a while the check engine symbol in the dashboard blinks and stops after a while and blinks again intermitently. Please what I need ur help to know what is wrong.
Re: Blinking Check Engine Light In 1999 V6 Toyota Camry by Kashif(m): 2:07pm On Apr 16, 2013
Have the car scanned. When my camry 2000 I4 did it, the scanner said the cylinders were misfiring. Replacement of the plug cables solved it.
Re: Blinking Check Engine Light In 1999 V6 Toyota Camry by cooldudeng(m): 10:35pm On Apr 16, 2013
Hello poster.

Been there check in this order

1. Check plugs
2. Check plug wires
3. Check injector nozzles.

WIll also advice a scan to narrow it down to the affect cylinder. As they come in 4s and 6s. If you are ever in ikeja can help scan your car for free
Re: Blinking Check Engine Light In 1999 V6 Toyota Camry by speed001: 11:30am On Apr 17, 2013
If u r in benin willl scan ur ride for u for free. The last time my check engine light blinked, I had serious issues with my plugs. I googled it online andsaw dat when ur check engine light blinks it can affect ur caatalytic converter and cylinder head if nt checked on time
So I had to replace plug and plug wire and some oda stuff and d blinking check engine light stopped. So pls run a check immediateely and solve d issue.
Re: Blinking Check Engine Light In 1999 V6 Toyota Camry by universalbets(m): 3:32pm On Apr 17, 2013
@cooldudeng
Just got my old folks a Toyota Sienna LE 2000 model Nigeria used. I observe the check engine light is permanently on and consumes a lot of fuel.

The vehicle is in Festac and was advised to scan prior to servicing as i got different opinions from to mechanics contacted.

How do i link up with you or anyone arround Festac/Satellite/Amuwo Odofin area?

Re: Blinking Check Engine Light In 1999 V6 Toyota Camry by dsa(m): 7:24pm On May 20, 2013
@Cooldudeng,

please I drive Toyota Camry 1995/6, but my Check light is always on and ABS light please can you help me scan this car? I am close to Ikeja and I will be glad if you can send me your address via mail or SMS, daresamson@gmail.com 08033877930.

Thank you so much and God bless you.
Re: Blinking Check Engine Light In 1999 V6 Toyota Camry by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:36pm On May 20, 2013
dsa: @Cooldudeng,

please I drive Toyota Camry 1995/6, but my Check light is always on and ABS light please can you help me scan this car? I am close to Ikeja and I will be glad if you can send me your address via mail or SMS, daresamson@gmail.com 08033877930.

Thank you so much and God bless you.

get your car scanned

mind you not all scanners can do ABS and the scan should point to which sensor of the four wheel is faulty
Re: Blinking Check Engine Light In 1999 V6 Toyota Camry by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:39pm On May 20, 2013
cooldudeng: Hello poster.

Been there check in this order

1. Check plugs
2. Check plug wires
3. Check injector nozzles.

WIll also advice a scan to narrow it down to the affect cylinder. As they come in 4s and 6s. If you are ever in ikeja can help scan your car for free

you are misguiding him 1st is scanning without touching the 3 you mentioned, scanning gets straight to the point without trial and error
Re: Blinking Check Engine Light In 1999 V6 Toyota Camry by elektra80: 7:34am On May 21, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

you are misguiding him 1st is scanning without touching the 3 you mentioned, scanning gets straight to the point without trial and error

Spot on bro. Different things can cause the check engine light to blink. Just because urs was the plugs doesn't mean each time the light blinks then its the plugs. There are over fault codes that can trigger the CEL. SO poster, first thing u need to do is scan ur car.
Re: Blinking Check Engine Light In 1999 V6 Toyota Camry by kayoday(m): 2:17pm On May 21, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Have You Seen This Made In China Rolls Royce? / Price Of Camry 2.4 Headlight / Cost Of Pencil Light-toyota Camry Car Engine.full And Half

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.