Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Need Advice On My Audi A6 1999 V6 Quattro. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Need Advice On My Audi A6 1999 V6 Quattro. (1134 Views)

Blinking Check Engine Light In 1999 V6 Toyota Camry / How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r / Which Automatic Transmission Fluid For My 1999 V6 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice On My Audi A6 1999 V6 Quattro. by elviszzz: 4:24pm On Dec 15, 2012
I had my car scanned n found these.... Secondary air pump relay "short to ground" ,intake manifold valve "short to ground" air solenoid valve "short to ground", cylinder 6 "misfire detected but intermittent", my car runs smooth sometimes n doesn't at times. One of d coils on d ignition coil is not supplying current to d plug I noticed n therefore burns carbon. My mechanic said he will have to loose halve of the engine to see what the problem is because 5 out of 6 cylinders r working perfectly except d sixth one.
Re: Need Advice On My Audi A6 1999 V6 Quattro. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 15, 2012
elviszzz: I had my car scanned n found these.... Secondary air pump "short to ground" ,intake manifold valve "short to ground" air solenoid valve "short to ground", cylinder 6 "misfire detected but intermittent", my car runs smooth sometimes n doesn't at times. One of d coils on d ignition coil is not supplying current to d plug I noticed n therefore burns carbon. My mechanic said he will have to loose halve of the engine to see what the problem is because 5 out of 6 cylinders r working perfectly except d sixth one.

Bro, please hold fire - don't let your mechanic touch your engine! I'll be back with possible solutions soon.
Re: Need Advice On My Audi A6 1999 V6 Quattro. by elviszzz: 7:33pm On Dec 15, 2012
Siena:

Bro, please hold fire - don't let your mechanic touch your engine! I'll be back with possible solutions soon.
Bro,tanks. Waiting for your word.
Re: Need Advice On My Audi A6 1999 V6 Quattro. by elviszzz: 10:17pm On Dec 15, 2012
Mr Sienna,still waiting to hear from you,tankz.
Re: Need Advice On My Audi A6 1999 V6 Quattro. by elviszzz: 11:31pm On Dec 19, 2012
Siena:

Sienna,any solution?
Re: Need Advice On My Audi A6 1999 V6 Quattro. by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 20, 2012
elviszzz: Sienna,any solution?

The codes that I would be looking into, are those of multiple / random misfire detected. Removing the cylinder head will just be a waste of money. That mechanic suggesting that needs to be shot.

The first thing a decent mechanic would do, to eliminate mechanical failure, would be to carry out a compression test. If that comes back okay, then the next thing to do would be to check the coilpack on #6 cylinder. That is my suspect. I would advise #6 coilpack is swapped with #1 on the opposite bank. If the misfire moves to cylinder #1, then that coilpack should be replaced, with a GENUINE NEW ITEM.

So, try this, before proceeding any further. Clear codes, and test drive for at least 5 miles. Then post any results here, including codes if any.
Re: Need Advice On My Audi A6 1999 V6 Quattro. by elviszzz: 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2012
Siena:

The codes that I would be looking into, are those of multiple / random misfire detected. Removing the cylinder head will just be a waste of money. That mechanic suggesting that needs to be shot.

The first thing a decent mechanic would do, to eliminate mechanical failure, would be to carry out a compression test. If that comes back okay, then the next thing to do would be to check the coilpack on #6 cylinder. That is my suspect. I would advise #6 coilpack is swapped with #1 on the opposite bank. If the misfire moves to cylinder #1, then that coilpack should be replaced, with a GENUINE NEW ITEM.

So, try this, before proceeding any further. Clear codes, and test drive for at least 5 miles. Then post any results here, including codes if any.

Thanks Mr Sienna,I will buy a new ignition coil n wld let you know the outcome.

(1) (Reply)

Five Ways Your Mechanics Can Rip You Off. / Drove With Hand Brake Up / Memorable Ingenious Hacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.