Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Nigerian Army, Sold Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army, Sold Out (522 Views)

Nigerian Army Demotes Enitan Ransome-Kuti, Late Fela’s Nephew / We Have Clues On Boko Haram Sponsors - Nigerian Army / Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army, Sold Out by NigerianAsshole(f): 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2013
Some people might think that I do not like the police. It is not like I hate the police or anything…. It’s just that…. Who am I kidding? I hate the police.

Today, I am not going to be talking to the police, I am going to be talking to the Military (Army, Navy and Air Force)

A Nigeria Military (Army, Navy and Air Force) is the organization authorized by its Nigerians to use lethal force. Among their numerous functions, they provide protection from foreign threats and from internal conflict.

The Nigerian Military is supposed to be Nigeria’s last line of defense, after the police, and every other security agencies are unable to handle a situation.

*singing* There is fire on the mountain and no one seems to be on the run.

There are certain issues affecting the military and if no one says anything about it then the country will crash, sooner than we think.

For instance, just last week, the Nigerian Air Force launched an airline. When did the Air Force become a business venture? (Source)

The Pride Of Being A Soldier

As a soldier, you do not answer to the police. You are not answerable to the Nigerian legal system (you have to be dismissed from the military first). As a soldier, you are free to do as you please (which is not right, but I love it).

One thing I loved the most about the military was that the only civilian that they protect is the President and in the strict sense he is not a civilian.

Soldiers For Rent

This is not the case nowadays. I can feel my heart break each time I see soldiers guarding a politician. I am like, seriously? It is so shameful and disgraceful. I do not know when and how this happened. It is such a shame.

Bad Company Corrupts Good Manners

There used to be a time when Nigerians were happy to soldier on the road, because they know the soldiers are just going to make sure you are not a criminal, and after that you are free to go. You would hear bus driver say they love soldiers because they never accept bribe. They might beat you to pulp for misbehaving, but they would never accept a bribe. This is not the case anymore. On our highways, soldiers now collect bribe.

The cause of this rubbish

Some people might attribute the decay in the military to love of money, or that it is because they made to work with the police and police……….. we all know what the police represents.

Charity Begins At …..

Come to think that Nigeria is sending troops to other countries to help fight terrorists. the same Nigeria that is still struggling to curb the terrorist in its own country. *Scoffs*

If you think i am speaking gibberiash….

You might ask, how does this write up affect the efficiency of the military? If you watch carefully you would see how the military is now slowly starting to look like the police.

Before now, if there is riot and you call the police, the rioters would not even acknowledge the presence of the policemen. The rioters would disappear at the sight of military officers. Have you noticed that the military no longer has this effect on rioters?

The same thing applies to security. You call the police, and the criminals exchange fire, call the army and the criminals run for their lives or meet their ancestors.

Nowadays, we have a terrorist group threatening the JTF spokesperson in Maiduguri. *Spits* Source

Time For Change

The Nigeria Police is a lost cause, but the military can still be redeemed. The Nigerian military should wake up from its slumber for the sake of everybody.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army, Sold Out by ArQueBusieR(m): 5:59pm On Apr 16, 2013
Noted.

(1) (Reply)

Supporters Of Amnesty For Boko Haram Are Enemies Of Nigeria – Anglican Bishop / Governor Orji Flags Off New Roads In Aba, Vows To Keep Kidnappers Away / Boko Haram Receives 3.15 Million Dollars To Free French Hostages, Faceless?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.